Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Yeah, this issue didn't really land for me.

Introducing Cecelia only to immediately kill her off and having the other characters act so blaise about it was an immediate turn off.

The Russian Nesting doll idea for the antagonists was clever enough, but it seemed strange for both Beast and Sage to chase after the one creature and leave the other bodies.

Colossus is back on his pacifist plan for the millionth time, but there's obviously more to it. He's acting strange and Dom knows it. And who the hell is this Kayla chick and her whole line about giving him what he needs was ehhhhh. She felt like a cult leader or a drug dealer or ... something ... well I suppose she IS a drug dealer in a sense. But WHY was he so huge this issue? The body proportions were bizarre.

Where the hell was Omega Red?! Why is he on the cover?

The Quentin death gag ... is it still funny? I dunno.

I'm really not enjoying the abusive use of the resurrection protocols and that death has essentially no meaning, no impact on a character.

Yet it's clear something is messed up with Piotr since his return from the dead and it's weird about Dom specifically going against her stated wishes regarding resurrection. There's a bigger mystery here that implies the kids are not alright.

The data pages aren't my favorite thing most days, but these were especially annoying. They don't connect to the story in a meaningful way in the moment. They may be hints for what's ahead, but they really take me out of the action.

What the heck are the Cuckoos up to involving sexy times with high level telepaths?! And Emma doesn't seem to be in the know. Not even sure the other Cuckoos are in the know? Might be the most intriguing question of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah this is unfortunately true, and the novelty of Krakoa isn't enough to keep people interested anymore. X of Swords is either going to save the line or really kill interest (I know I'm exaggerating a little because somehow people still stuck around during the IvX and Blue/Gold eras).
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for X of Swords! When it was first announced, I was definitely like "WUT", but the little bits we've seen have been pretty cool. It was just a bad week for Dawn of X but still more enjoyable than anything in the past decade. I think the last time I really enjoyed an x-writer before Hickman was Mike Carey (and Rick Remender on X-Force).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    It's getting really embarrassing how easy it is for outsiders to enter Krakoa. I hope Mama addresses this in the next council meeting. I know Apocalypse and Magneto gotta be highly pissed about this as well
    That's why I think Piotr is a sleeper because of how Hank mentioned that those little gross ass goblins knew exactly where to go to cause the most damage.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Overall I enjoyed the issue (I usually do) but I didn't like what happened to Reyes (because of her powers and how they work). I also tire of constant character deaths. I love the resurrection process but I wish it wasn't used as much. I love Quire but he's becoming a joke character again and I prefer him being more of an Alex DeLarge type character. I had high hopes that Percy would write him more like Morrison did and the first few issues gave me hope, but now he really is the Kenny of the X-men (better him than Jean though lol).

Still... I enjoyed Colossus, Domino, and Sage.

So Colossus brother Mikhael is behind the plot then? ok, well that's something at least.

Also aren't the Cuckoos dating Cable? Are Rogue and Gambit the only serious couple on that island?

And i wonder, what had worse security, the mansion or the island?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So Colossus brother Mikhael is behind the plot then? ok, well that's something at least.

Also aren't the Cuckoos dating Cable? Are Rogue and Gambit the only serious couple on that island?

And i wonder, what had worse security, the mansion or the island?
    The mansion at least had the excuse of being a large building out in the open. Krakoa is supposed to be some super exclusive safe haven in the middle of the ocean. The powers and resources on Krakoa dwarf the mansion by leagues, and its somehow feeling more vulnerable

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The mansion at least had the excuse of being a large building out in the open. Krakoa is supposed to be some super exclusive safe haven in the middle of the ocean. The powers and resources on Krakoa dwarf the mansion by leagues, and its somehow feeling more vulnerable
    The smaller the property, the easier it is to secure it. Krakoa is a country with lots of open space and avenues for infiltration that shouldnt be too difficult to exploit especially since we've seen their opponents use creative means to do so.

So...Beast committed genocide and he''s still walking around like nothing happened? But Russia is the bad one? Ok, very true to life I guess

Also, the writers really should stop killing off characters so casually just because they can. It's getting old, it makes the X-Men look very incompetent and it's kinda gross.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The villain is Colossus’s older brother Mikhail. Another potential omega level mutant.

Colossus was in the Savage Land that whole time and didn’t check on his bastard son!!!

Why would he become a villain? Why does he need to kill so many mutants just to get the Cerebro sword?

I don't know, I guess that I'm in the minority, but watching Quire die every issue brings a smile yo my face. I can understand how it has grown tired for others though.

I have to agree that it was lame to see Cecilia appear and then get killed of the way that she was. Her powers should have saved her.

I hate to be negative, but I also have to agree that the art wasn't all that great here. Unless Colossus has gained some sort of power that makes him super huge he just looked terribly out oversized.
    Cant say that I even recognized Mikhail at the end of the comic. I still wouldn't even know that it was him if I hadn't read this thread.

I am still happy to read about the Colossus/Domino pairing.

This was my least favorite issue of this series so far, but I wouldn't say that it was completely horrible or anything. I'm still looking forward to future issues.

I thought this issue was enjoyable. Probably the worst issue of the run but definitely not what I would call bad. I will agree that the art was lacking but I've definitely seen worse. I also am in the camp that is enjoying seeing the running gag that is Quentin dying every issue.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

This wasn't the best issue. I'm kind of bored with the Cuckoos being everywhere. I don't like black characters appearing just to be killed off. Black folk are already mostly non-existent.

I also don't get how a known "Cerebro Sword" could be a thing. So far that we've seen Magneto made that and Chuck hung it on a wall. How could someone have been looking for it?

I dont mind the lack of security that much but the deaths are starting to become tiresome, even if they dont have an impact in the story the abuse of them makes the x-men look like weaklings.

Im really interested in this book so i hope that we will see better moments than this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wouldn’t it be in Charles best interest to recruit Mikhail for Krakoa. He is an omega level.
    Maybe, but not EVERY mutant in the world wants to live on Krakoa, Charles invited Krakoans on there ,not abducted them. It's probably the same reason Maggie should not be on Krakoa,Mikhail and Maggie give the small pool of mutant villainy some chance.In the real world not all diaspora hold allegiance to their flag.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yes, it was incredibly disappointing. I hate that no one there remembered that her powers should have saved her from that.
    Is her force field always on? I mean it would make sense if her guard is down so is her shield.