Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default Purchasing a PGX restored comic

    HI, I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a question about collecting graded books. I was offered to purchase a PGX 8.0 restored comic with minor (A - Amateur) restoration. It is Avengers #1 (1963). Does anyone has an idea of the value of this book? It's hard for me to figure out as it is PGX, and it is restored, and with Minor Amateur restoration. An estimate of the value would be nice to help me decide to purchase the book or not. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkC_User View Post
    HI, I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a question about collecting graded books. I was offered to purchase a PGX 8.0 restored comic with minor (A - Amateur) restoration. It is Avengers #1 (1963). Does anyone has an idea of the value of this book? It's hard for me to figure out as it is PGX, and it is restored, and with Minor Amateur restoration. An estimate of the value would be nice to help me decide to purchase the book or not. Thanks!
    It's hard to say without pictures, but these books typically sell for a couple grand

  3. #3
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's hard to say without pictures, but these books typically sell for a couple grand
    He's asking for around $3000 Cdn...does that sounds reasonable? Again, Avengers #1 PGX 8.0 restored with minor amateur fixes such as tear seals, color touch-up, trimming. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkC_User View Post
    He's asking for around $3000 Cdn...does that sounds reasonable? Again, Avengers #1 PGX 8.0 restored with minor amateur fixes such as tear seals, color touch-up, trimming. Thanks.
    It's probably a little high as its restored, I'm seeing 8.0's with out restoration work for 1.5K

  5. #5
    samlarson
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkC_User View Post
    He's asking for around $3000 Cdn...does that sounds reasonable? Again, Avengers #1 PGX 8.0 restored with minor amateur fixes such as tear seals, color touch-up, trimming. Like this loan affiliate program https://leadnetwork.com/personal-loan-affiliate-program Thanks.
    Sounds little fishy, I've never seen someone put such a big cost. 1-2 k tops but three, it should be really rare or in near to the perfect condition
    Last edited by samlarson; 08-25-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •