Default thanos the infinity revelation OGN

Let me begin by saying, that the infinity gauntlet story line is my favorite story Marvel has put out, ever. When I was a kid, my first time reading that story, it introduced me to a whole cast of characters I didn't know existed in the MU. Examples would be infinity, the living tribunal, adam warlock, and yes even thanos. Thanos, is one of my top 10 all time favorite villains in the MU. That being said, I finished reading the infinity revelation OGN by marvel.

Now, I assume OGN means original graphic novel, Im not even sure if that means its in continuity or not. Either way, I didn't really enjoy this story as much as other people have. Maybe it was over my head, but I felt the dialogue was pretty contrived. It felt to me like the characters were talking in circles. How did you guys enjoy the story if you read it? Also, I wasn't sure if there was a thread created already for this subject so apologize in advanced if there was.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Maybe it was over my head, but I felt the dialogue was pretty contrived. It felt to me like the characters were talking in circles. How did you guys enjoy the story if you read it? Also, I wasn't sure if there was a thread created already for this subject so apologize in advanced if there was.
    Welcome to Jim Starlin 70s-style Marvel Cosmic. Less about pew pew, more about elemental forces of the universe as manifest in humanoid form spouting pseudo-philosophy.

Mighty Member

Took me twice reading it to "get it".

I understood it all quite easily. However, there wasnt all that much to get truth be told. Not one of Starlins better tales. The characterization for Warlock felt very stiff and forced. He wants to have his versions of the character so bad he creates these contrived scenarios to revert continuity to his design, even going so far to make a meaningless coatume alteration. Seemed like a waste of a story.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Fantastic Member

Loved it, but I'm not an impartial observer. Thanos is my favorite fictional character, and Starlin is my favorite Thanos portrayer.