Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think people who recently died get priority because they died fighting to defend Krakoa!

Behind them is probably the people in the Crucible!

Then mutants that have been dead for a while and require extensive counselling when they are brought back!

Of course we are forgetting the numbers they can resurrect per day is probably around a 10 to 20 mutants! So sure they tried to resurrect Kate 18 times probably on 18 different days spread out over a few weeks!

But they are still resurrecting other mutants at the same time! It's still a gradual process and it will take a while to bring back 16 million mutants!

It makes sense to resurrect the longer dead mutants very slowly, you have to make sure you have infrastructure for them, and more than anything counselling and support!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The top priority is probably QC, Omegas and Captains. They are the island's power and leadership structure. Also people like Cypher, Sage or Black Tom Cassidy.

Crucible would go after them as they have earned it.

Mutants who die violently and are already alive have a lower priority but shouldn't wait long either, like Cecilia Reyes or the Morlocks. Mutants that serve as psychological support to essential mutants for Krakoa also have to have a certain kind of priority (Sway and Petra were resurrected to support Vulcan, Skin was resurrected to support Synch)

After that I suppose there are personal requests, like "My brother died four years ago, please resuscitate him".

And after that, all the people who are neither seen as especially needed by the government nor have anyone advocating for them.
    You really hit something with that last sentence, that was the part of the equation I didn't think of! I think you are right, the long dead mutants are queued based on people advocating for their resurrection over mutants who have no family or friends currently on Krakoa! This makes sense, because you know for sure that the resurrected mutants will have a support system when they are brought back, friends and family that will help them cope with being brought back after such a long time! The other mutants without friends and family will have to be resurrected more slowly because they will require extensive counselling and support!

You don't want to start resurrect mutants who are clinically depressed after being brought back and wanting to commit suicide right away! You need to make sure there is a support system in place for them to help them have a reason to live again! You don't want people to feel like you resurrected them and then emotionally abandoned them right after, you have to make sure they know they are wanted in the community!

In answer to another question: I think Petra and Sway got brought back because they were Xavier's greatest failure and he was trying to assuage his guilt by bringing them back!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was wondering if the recently dead can somehow be brought back faster - someone dead for several years takes longer to go through the protocols than someone who died this morning. Didn't pretty much the entire suicide team get brought back at once (or at least within a few panels of each other), rather than needing 48 hours each?
    It was a suicide mission so they had the pods already made knowing they were going to die. HoX distilled it in the illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    In answer to another question: I think Petra and Sway got brought back because they were Xavier's greatest failure and he was trying to assuage his guilt by bringing them back!
    I think they were less about Xavier's guilt and more about helping to keep Vulcan sane. Those were emotional support resurrections
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-13-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    (Unless they wanted Sway to be back up for Tempus in the Five and Petra is her emotional support.)
    I think this is probably the case, and also the likely reason Tempo has also been resurrected. And Synch was probably brought back as a potential replacement for Hope.

Otherwise they just seem to go from most to least recent deaths.

Mighty Member

I don't think there are any rules, it seems so whimsical.

I think it's based on who fans would like to see resurrected and also determined by the writer than any fixed rules.

Obviously, the core X-Men will get priority because they are the most popular by their fanbase.

Quentin dying so many times and resurrected the next day many times is ridiculous and illogical. He's not a core X-Man and doesn't have that huge a following.
    Last edited by ericng; 08-14-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Thunderbird should be number 1 in the queue

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yes, he should be at least earlier than Quentin bcos he's one of the original All-New X-Men.

He's already back

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's already back
    Oh really? Which issue?

Extraordinary Member

The fact that we haven’t had a Giant-sized Thunderbird oneshot is unacceptable.

Oh really? Which issue?
    Very quick blink and miss cameo in X-Force in the lagoon scene

What is the Resurrection Hierachy?

Quentin, always first.
    Irene, never.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    What is the Resurrection Hierachy?

Quentin, always first.
    Irene, never.
    Mystique is like

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Mystique is like

Lol. Poor Mystique. I wonder what excuses they come with to explain why they tried to resurrected Kitty 18 times, Quentin many times, and still no Irene yet.
    I guess Mystique has already bought gazoline and a lighter for Krakoa....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Lol. Poor Mystique. I wonder what excuses they come with to explain why they tried to resurrected Kitty 18 times, Quentin many times, and still no Irene yet.
    “We can’t seem like we’re playing favorites. Your son is already on the Quiet Council too. We can’t seem like it’s nepotism.”