Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I personally would like to see a good written Conner.

Civil War for example would have been a PERFECT storyline for him in which he could have guided a younger Superhero Team which is AGAINST the registration act.

Gleek, just to fill out the Pet Avengers roster
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Also. The Legion of Superheroes
    That would be tough, but only because Marvel already has its pastiche of the LOSH in the Imperial Guard. That said, I don't think the IG has every Legion member represented and the ones that do exist could easily be replaced by their more popular counterparts from the Legion. I wouldn't mind seeing Timber Wolf, Dream Girl, Wildfire, Braniac 5 and others replace IG members. The Legion also has a rogues gallery that would do well at Marvel.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-15-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Given recent events with Disney, this thread feels like swimming in shark infested waters with raw steaks tied to you.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Given recent events with Disney, this thread feels like swimming in shark infested waters with raw steaks tied to you.
    Come on in, the water's just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Superman and his entire rogues gallery, because Lord knows DC don't know what to do with him.
    So many intriguing possibilities. If I can only go with one, Superman. I agree with your reasoning about why Jack. DC has mishandled the Man of Steel and his friends and foes for decades now. Say what you want but Marvel but it is great at epic events and cosmic level stories. Plus, I want to see Hulk and Superman throw down for real with no holding back or handicaps.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-15-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The Question (Vic Sage version). Marvel needs a good street-level detective.
    Indeed they do, great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Static is a good one. Partner him up with Miles or Kamala. Or if you want to really capture the zeitgeist of the times, US Agent and Static. Could Priest make that work?
    I agree that Static would be a great get for Marvel and a good fit with its current new gen heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen (Mari(lyn) Jiwe McCabe). I think Marvel would do far more with her and Zambesi than DC ever has.
    Wow, I forgot about my girl Vixen, my bad. I think you're right Marvel would likely do far better with her than DC has.

Astonishing Member

Marvel has already done a bad job with buying Malibu Comics, Miracle Man, and Angela. Look how they treated their new properties? I say that DC Comics dropped the ball badly when they decided to create the New 52 and Rebirth, which was not needed at all. What DC Comics should do is bring things back to its Pre-Crisis(1985) universe back. Meaning there is only Earth 1 and Earth 2. I do not understand why DC Comics had to merged the multiverse into one universe with Crisis. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Marvel is acting the same way as well.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    At Marvel maybe she could be used to tie together all of their non earth based realities, like Arkon’s realm of Polemachus (or however it’s spelled)? I could see Arkon’s Queen Thundra taking a liking to the young Princess.
    Morgan le Fay is the one who comes to mind to me who would cast a lustful eye on Gemworld. I would like to see her try and invade it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Morgan le Fay is the one who comes to mind to me who would cast a lustful eye on Gemworld. I would like to see her try and invade it.
    ^^^Oh that’s an arch nemesis just waiting to happen, great choice!

How about, Amethyst gets caught up in a spacefaring quest involving the M'Kraan Crystal? That seems like something she’d be perfect for, and would let her meet other cosmic type characters.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Wally West. Marvel needs a speedster that isn't a villain half the time. And DC sure doesn't want to use him for anything these days. His double alliteration name is also perfect for them. Maybe a Green Lantern. Like Kyle. DC certainly has plenty to spare. Black Canary. But I'm reluctant to let go of what few mid-level power characters DC has. Marvel has an abundance.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Marvel has already done a bad job with buying Malibu Comics, Miracle Man, and Angela. Look how they treated their new properties?
    Can you honestly say that Malibu, CrossGen and others had characters that are even remotely on the same level as DC's B-listers, though? I know there is a tendency to think Marvel would just buy the characters to bury them, but if this deal really happened, Marvel could make a crapload of cash and generate quite a bit of buzz if they went after the right characters.

As for Miracle Man and Angela, if we're being totally honest here, the success of those characters had more to do with the creators than anything else. Most of DC's characters, however, have been handled by multiple writers and creative teams over the years. Readers aren't buying them for that one voice that molded them into fan favorites, or the elements of plot, environment and other key factors of their native telling. Black Canary would work just as well whether she's in a back alley in DC's Gotham City kicking ass, or in Marvel's New York.

But take Angela out of Spawn's Heaven, Earth and Hell, and you're bound to run into major problems. Her story is best told in that environment. The mistake Marvel made wasn't in buying Angela, it was in shoehorning her into Asgardian lore. They should have taken their time and built a proper environment and mythos around her, even if it meant echoing the quasi-Judeo-Christian background that McFarlane excelled at creating. Marvel has a bazillion demons and daemonic entities, but no real angels. Angela should have been the stuff of Mephisto's nightmares, not Odin's loins.

I totally agree with your point on DC. It wasn't broken, but they had to go and mess it up anyway. I'm not sure if they'll ever be able to find their way back.