Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If at all possible, I would like to make two more additions...

• Captain Atom (Nathaniel Christopher Adam)

• Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)

I was wondering when someone would finally mention two of my most favorite characters in all of DC. Yes, yes, yes and yes!!!! I don't care where you put them...Avengers, Ultimates, Guardians of the Galaxy, Defenders, Invaders ... wherever is fine with me. Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Judging by the reaction to naming Firestorm, he has a lot more fans than I thought!
    Back in the day you had to get to my local comic shop early or miss out. His issues usually sold out the first day of release. For a small community like ours, that was impressive. Lots of fans in our area. I imagine Firestorm has a bunch of fans everywhere. Maybe not the most vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    John Constantine would be a fun foil for practically ALL of Marvel.

Imagine him interacting with Dr Strange.. Cap.. Man Thing, Morbius, etc. Insert him into the horror side of things and revamp that side of the universe.
    Yep, sold! Heck, I'd pay good money to see his quips with the likes of Thanos and Hela. Heroes for Hire with Constantine subcontracting for Nightwing Restorations would bring an interesting horror element to their adventures. And then there are the really dangerous liaisons. Enchantress, Selene, Morgan le Fay, Goblin Queen, Satana and on and on. Safe bet that he'd have a number of interesting entanglements.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    John Constantine would be a fun foil for practically ALL of Marvel.

Imagine him interacting with Dr Strange.. Cap.. Man Thing, Morbius, etc. Insert him into the horror side of things and revamp that side of the universe.
    I would love see John at Marvel for all the reasons you named.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Vixen (Mari(lyn) Jiwe McCabe). I think Marvel would do far more with her and Zambesi than DC ever has.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Back in the day you had to get to my local comic shop early or miss out. His issues usually sold out the first day of release. For a small community like ours, that was impressive. Lots of fans in our area. I imagine Firestorm has a bunch of fans everywhere. Maybe not the most vocal.
    That’s good to know though.
    We’re out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Judging by the reaction to naming Firestorm, he has a lot more fans than I thought!
    Firestorm was a member of the Super Friends... or I guess the Galactic Guardians, for those old enough to remember the old Hanna Barbara Saturday Morning cartoons. And I think that leaves a much stronger impression than some people give credit. People who have never picked up a comic book in their lives know who Aquaman is because of the influence of those old Super Friends cartoons, and Firestorm got the tail end of that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Back in high school I would see Amethyst Princess of Gemworld on the comics shelves. Never bought them though they were prominent and only read about her and Gemworld later on. I'd down for a magical cataclysmic event to transport Gemworld to the Marvel Multiverse where it would join the panoply of magical realms ripe for visiting.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yep, sold! Heck, I'd pay good money to see his quips with the likes of Thanos and Hela. Heroes for Hire with Constantine subcontracting for Nightwing Restorations would bring an interesting horror element to their adventures. And then there are the really dangerous liaisons. Enchantress, Selene, Morgan le Fay, Goblin Queen, Satana and on and on. Safe bet that he'd have a number of interesting entanglements.
    I think Constantine on the MU will have the same problem he have when they use him in the main DCU with regular superheroes. He will feel diluted, sanitized.

Constantine works best on his own, dealing with angels and demons that are actually angels and demons and not some kind of alien from some tenth realm or another dimension.

Who from DC I would like to see on the Marvel Universe, probably Vixen, she could have a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Firestorm was a member of the Super Friends... or I guess the Galactic Guardians, for those old enough to remember the old Hanna Barbara Saturday Morning cartoons. And I think that leaves a much stronger impression than some people give credit. People who have never picked up a comic book in their lives know who Aquaman is because of the influence of those old Super Friends cartoons, and Firestorm got the tail end of that.
    And more recently, he was in The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Back in high school I would see Amethyst Princess of Gemworld on the comics shelves. Never bought them though they were prominent and only read about her and Gemworld later on. I'd down for a magical cataclysmic event to transport Gemworld to the Marvel Multiverse where it would join the panoply of magical realms ripe for visiting.
    That’s an interesting one!
    I did like how she and Gemworld were reintroduced in the current Young Justice, w. Gemworld kinda getting screwed over w. every Crisis the main DC multiverse went through.

At Marvel maybe she could be used to tie together all of their non earth based realities, like Arkon’s realm of Polemachus (or however it’s spelled)? I could see Arkon’s Queen Thundra taking a liking to the young Princess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The Question (Vic Sage version). Marvel needs a good street-level detective.
    I would like to see that to, outside of Daredevil and Hawkeye, Marvel is a bit short on non super powered heroes so I'm not sure how he'd fit in, but I think his rebel personality would sell well with Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Kyle Rayner, and all of the Analgam Characters. Nightwing would probably receive much better treatment. Maybe have Booster Gold and Per Dagaton come over and duke it out over some Narvel time continuum stuff

Astonishing Member

Also. The Legion of Superheroes

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Also. The Legion of Superheroes
    Can’t see that one.
    Whatever Marvel’s future may or may not be, it isn’t The Legion’s.