Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default What If? #999: Which DC Characters Would You Like Marvel to Acquire?

Totally hypothetical. I know DC's current status and severe efficiency measures have absolutely little to do with cash on hand. They are not in a financial crisis any more than any other major company in this pandemic. Nevertheless, knowing that DC is going to focus primarily on their top characters -- the usual suspects, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. -- at the expense of mothballing the lesser characters seems like as good a reason as any to wonder, "What If? So let's hear it folks. Which minor DC character would you like to see under the Marvel banner? Which one(s) do you think could thrive with Marvel's readership? For purposes of this discussion, let's assume that the original JLA members as well as anyone on the most recent incarnation of the team is off limits. Let's also safely assume that any character integral to the lore of any of the Big Three is also off limits. (So, no, you can't nab Harley Quinn, Krypto, all of the Amazons, etc.) Those prohibitions aside, everyone else is fair game. Name your pick(s).

Does DC still own publication rights to Static Shock? He was the first guy that poped in my head outside of the big iconic names. With the right push, he could be a break out character.

Martian Manhunter.

He’s a Marvel character in everything but ownership. It’s why he never quite fits in w. the Big Seven.

The Question (Vic Sage version). Marvel needs a good street-level detective.

None. Marvel is Marvel and DC is DC. If it was up to me I'd also bench the infestation of DC characters pastiches that popped into the marvel universe in recent years, starting with the Sentry.

The Squadron Supreme could stay but only because they are the bad guys.

BANNED

Superman and his entire rogues gallery, because Lord knows DC don't know what to do with him.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) . It's time for him to shine (no pun intended) like he did decades ago. He could fit in very easily with the cosmic side of Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Does DC still own publication rights to Static Shock? He was the first guy that poped in my head outside of the big iconic names. With the right push, he could be a break out character.

FYI it's STATIC not Static Shock. That was the name of the tv show.

Aqualad ....from the first season of YJ, and/or Firestorm (Jason)

Deathstroke, make him the son of Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    None. Marvel is Marvel and DC is DC.
    DC is also Fawcett, and Quality, and Charlton, and Milestone, and Wildstorm...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Deathstroke, make him the son of Deadpool
    Shouldn't that be the other way around? Slade's old enough to be Nightwing's father (he tries to become that in the Teen Titans cartoon), so he'd probably also be old enough to be Deadpool's. Wade isn't over a century old like Logan, he's actually quite young, I'd say 30s. Slade's old enough to have grey hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The Question (Vic Sage version). Marvel needs a good street-level detective.
    Quoted for truth. I would love to have Vic in the 616.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-13-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shouldn't that be the other way around? Slade's old enough to be Nightwing's father (he tries to become that in the Teen Titans cartoon), so he'd probably also be old enough to be Deadpool's. Wade isn't over a century old like Logan, he's actually quite young, I'd say 30s. Slade's old enough to have grey hair.
    Actually I think Wade and Slade are the same age its just Wade has a healing factor because I believe Wade and Logan were being experimented on at the same time. Also I just thought it would be funnier if Wade was a father to grown man almost like a parody of Cyclops and Cable.

Mighty Member

Milestone, all of it. Simon Dark, even though technically DC doesn't own the rights the only run takes place in Gotham. The Centipede. Given the premise of Dial H for Hero its ok if the protagonist is always changing, but the Centipede is too interesting of a villain to never be used again.

While not DC, I'd throw in a number of Hannah Barbera properties as well, especially Space Ghost and Herculoids. Mightor can come too.

That said, it doesn't really matter. All of the above is said with the hopes the these characters/properties would get more love, but we've seen Marvel buy up properties and throw them in a vault somewhere with little to no chance of ever seeing the light of day.