Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Deathstroke, make him the son of Deadpool
    I couldn't do that to Deathstroke. Especially since DS is the original, while DP is the two-bit Liefeld knock-off, ahem, I mean pastiche. If anyone's going to be daddy, it has to be DS.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-13-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    That said, it doesn't really matter. All of the above is said with the hopes the these characters/properties would get more love, but we've seen Marvel buy up properties and throw them in a vault somewhere with little to no chance of ever seeing the light of day.
    Ultraverse, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Martian Manhunter.

He’s a Marvel character in everything but ownership. It’s why he never quite fits in w. the Big Seven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Superman and his entire rogues gallery, because Lord knows DC don't know what to do with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) . It's time for him to shine (no pun intended) like he did decades ago. He could fit in very easily with the cosmic side of Marvel.
    Let's assume that DC is keeping Superman, Green Lantern (all of them), and Martian Manhunter. As mentioned in the OP, the original founding Justice League of America members, which by the way does include the Martian Manhunter, are off limits for this fun exercise in "if only." Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Marvel to have Martian Manhunter, as well as something approaching the awesomeness of a Green Lantern corps. (Nope, sorry, Nova Corps does nothing for me.) But let's limit this discussion to some of the other DC characters who may not be well known by the general public, but who are certainly popular with comic readers.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Does DC still own publication rights to Static Shock? He was the first guy that poped in my head outside of the big iconic names. With the right push, he could be a break out character.
    Static is a good one. Partner him up with Miles or Kamala. Or if you want to really capture the zeitgeist of the times, US Agent and Static. Could Priest make that work?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-13-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Static is a good one. Partner him up with Miles or Kamala. Or if you want to really capture the zeitgeist of the times, US Agent and Static. Could Priest make that work?
    You can pair US Agent with a LOT of characters and really have fun with him. As far as super heroes go, I think he's potentially one of the best supporting characters you could have. I'm suprised he's not used more.

But getting back to Static yeah... he's a great fit with people like Kamala and Miles. I think Static arguably found a harder time finding a niche for himself in the Titans because the Wolfman/Perez era members are so iconic everyone else just feels like a square peg in a round hole. But the Champions aren't quite as established, so he potentially could make a seemless addition.

Astonishing Member

I'd love for Marvel to acquire WildStorm's early library. So many awesome characters going to waste. Since it's hypothetical then we can assume that Marvel wouldn't treat these characters the way they've treated characters from Ultraverse, Malibu's Genesis line, CrossGen and Miracleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Superman and his entire rogues gallery, because Lord knows DC don't know what to do with him.
    Why do you want Superman to be at Marvel?

You do know what they do with Superman-level characters right? They're usually in the background.

Here's how it goes (generally), Hyperion/Sentry/Hulk fights some cosmic God-level character, their fight sends shockwaves throughout the entire universe and destroys planets, and at the last second, they will pull a power so frightening straight out of their asses and just power up even more to god-like levels. And after that, rinse and repeat.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But getting back to Static yeah... he's a great fit with people like Kamala and Miles. I think Static arguably found a harder time finding a niche for himself in the Titans because the Wolfman/Perez era members are so iconic everyone else just feels like a square peg in a round hole. But the Champions aren't quite as established, so he potentially could make a seemless addition.
    Static had a harder time with Titans because that book was CRAP. Because DC used that book as a butchering hole for someone to die.
    It had NOTHING to do with Wolfman or Perez.
    No one was iconic on that team when he was there. Wonder Girl was in charge. Also the writer on the book could not get Static's name right TWICE.

Unlike that roster Static was the one who had his own show-so it was not he that needed to fit in. It was them.

Unlike Titans-no one at Marvel was trying to destroy them.

Ultraverse, anyone?
    That is because they don't want to compensate the creators. Much like we saw with Black Lightning at DC.

One creator is in prison and a few of the others are dead.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Billy Batson / Captain Marvel / Shazam. Just for the kicks and giggles. But it would at least put both captains under one banner.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Let's assume that DC is keeping Superman, Green Lantern (all of them), and Martian Manhunter. As mentioned in the OP....
    ^^^My bad.
    I’ve just wanted MM in the MU for so long I blanked on the OP stips.

Firestorm for me, then. The Ronnie/Prof. Stein version.
    As individual characters they’d each find a place in the MU. Young adults (who aren’t in the Bat Family or Titans) and scientists (who aren’t any of about 4 good guys or straight up villains) don’t get much respect or screentime at DC. At Marvel each has a ton of other characters and organizations and teams to interact with.
    As their composite self, Firestorm has a powerset that grants him top tier status, and is unique enough to stand out in that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Billy Batson / Captain Marvel / Shazam. Just for the kicks and giggles. But it would at least put both captains under one banner.
    I would make this happen just so that there could be an actual Marvel family at Marvel. Guess they'll have to promote Carol to Major or something. Hmmm.... Major Marvel? The alliteration doesn't sound half bad.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^My bad.
    I’ve just wanted MM in the MU for so long I blanked on the OP stips.

Firestorm for me, then. The Ronnie/Prof. Stein version.
    As individual characters they’d each find a place in the MU. Young adults (who aren’t in the Bat Family or Titans) and scientists (who aren’t any of about 4 good guys or straight up villains) don’t get much respect or screentime at DC. At Marvel each has a ton of other characters and organizations and teams to interact with.
    As their composite self, Firestorm has a powerset that grants him top tier status, and is unique enough to stand out in that tier.
    No worries, I'm a big fan of Jonn. It's easy to fit him just about anywhere in the MU, whether it's an Avengers team or even the X-Men. But I wanted to give some spotlight to DC's other standout characters.

Firestorm is another easy fit. I'd probably put him on a New Warriors team. Or have him sub in from time to time on the Fantastic Four. He's Reed and Johnny in one.

~James Baldwin

Whoa, just thought of the Phantom Stranger. Somehow I see him crossing paths with Doctor Doom quite a bit.

If Marvel got DC's characters, the B and C-Listers wouldn't be seen again. They would just join Crossgen and Ultraverse in Limbo.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-14-2020 at 03:57 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

No worries, I'm a big fan of Jonn. It's easy to fit him just about anywhere in the MU, whether it's an Avengers team or even the X-Men. But I wanted to give some spotlight to DC's other standout characters.

Firestorm is another easy fit. I'd probably put him on a New Warriors team. Or have him sub in from time to time on the Fantastic Four. He's Reed and Johnny in one.

Funny, Firestorm was one of my earlier suggestions and I was thinking exactly the same thing with putting him on New Warriors! I would love to see him mix it up with Night Thrasher, Robbie, and Nova. I'm still gonna rep for the Jason Rouch version. Another post reminded me of someone else that could make it over on Marvel side. I want to see Battlion either on the Avengers, or leading SHIELD.