Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

All Wanda needs is editors who tell other editors that there are limits to what they can do with her. If after House of M the X-Men editors had been told: "hey, we may want to bring back the Scarlet Witch later, please don't make her responsible for a bus full of kids blowing up," no one would be mad that she's back and walking around free.

Marvel barely even cares about turning their actual stars into fascists and murderers for the sake of an event, for a B-lister like Wanda they just don't care.

I mean, Marvel's been pretty terrible in its treatment of many characters, especially ones that aren't cis white men, for quite a while. They just try to stave off that perception with some insincere PR work every so often. It's more apparent outside of the PR work.

I've talked to several people that are very disappointed in X-Men: Empyre so far. They had hopes for the mini and especially after #3 those hopes are waaaaaaaaaaay down. If #4 doesn't do a hell of a lot of heavy lifting we haven't seen yet, I think the whole mini's gonna go a long way toward people (not necessarily hardcore X-Men fans) looking at the company's future work with a more critical and questioning view.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Looking at it in another way, the zombies have been one of the fiercest opponents the Cotati have faced in Empyre so far so Wanda's kinda actually the hero of this entire story.

Is it a stretch to see sexists overtones to a lot of what's going on?

And after ignoring her for two issues, we're now going to cut back as if this is a Wanda story, huh? Wanda trying to do right by mutantkind deserves a better story.

And aren't Wanda and Magik both teachers at Strange Academy? How have they not interacted? This is just nasty to do to Wanda
    Last edited by pkingdom; 08-13-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Is it a stretch to see sexists overtones to a lot of what's going on?

And after ignoring her for two issues, we're now going to cut back as if this is a Wanda story, huh? Wanda trying to do right by mutantkind deserves a better story.
    so far it looks like the writer is going for the low-hanging fruit in order to get a reaction out of the usual fanbases but we still have to see the rest of the issue......so there's that
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I've talked to several people that are very disappointed in X-Men: Empyre so far. They had hopes for the mini and especially after #3 those hopes are waaaaaaaaaaay down. If #4 doesn't do a hell of a lot of heavy lifting we haven't seen yet, I think the whole mini's gonna go a long way toward people (not necessarily hardcore X-Men fans) looking at the company's future work with a more critical and questioning view.
    Wow, that’s interesting to hear. I’ve spoken to some people outside of Social Media and they love it. Interesting perspective I always like to hear the opposing side.

Thanks for sharing that.

Astonishing Member

I was right she just made a zombie army and left.

It feels like Wanda was a victim of the invasion of the body snatchers since 2004. Because the competent witch taught by Agatha Harkness and taking on her own apprentice, being able to best Dormammu and bring back Thunderstrike from shards of glass has barely been seen since. Now she's child-like. Seemingly naive like she's still in her teens. Her powers still like they were at the start of her career where they could back-fire. They just seem to lack any imagination on what to do with her besides retcon her and have her be the plot device. A catalyst to events.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    All Wanda needs is editors who tell other editors that there are limits to what they can do with her. If after House of M the X-Men editors had been told: "hey, we may want to bring back the Scarlet Witch later, please don't make her responsible for a bus full of kids blowing up," no one would be mad that she's back and walking around free.

Marvel barely even cares about turning their actual stars into fascists and murderers for the sake of an event, for a B-lister like Wanda they just don't care.
    Yeah, true enough. Still haven't been able to completely wash the taste of Civil Wars I and II out of my mouth when it comes to Iron Man and Captain Marvel, while at least Secret Empire had the decency to ultimately say that murdering fascist HYDRA-Cap wasn't the real Captain America, after all, so it's easier to move past that for him. Not even gonna touch AvX.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Well, the actual stars have the fans to back them up, they can just choose to forget those.
    Not so much about the lower tiers.

Man, I’d love to find out that the Wanda since Busiek left isn’t the real one and the real one has been imprisoned somewhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Man, I’d love to find out that the Wanda since Busiek left isn’t the real one and the real one has been imprisoned somewhere.
    It is Lore all along!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHA

Sweet Jeansus, what the hell, Maximoff.

I know it's petty to enjoy this, but after years of the X-Men getting the exact same treatement writing wise I'm perfectly fine with this throwing Wanda under the bus thing. I do hope that we can eventually adress these things in a more serious manner but they are clearly going another direction with the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHA

Sweet Jeansus, what the hell, Maximoff.

I know it's petty to enjoy this, but after years of the X-Men getting the exact same treatement writing wise I'm perfectly fine with this throwing Wanda under the bus thing. I do hope that we can eventually adress these things in a more serious manner but they are clearly going another direction with the tone.
    Years for Wanda haven't been any better. The X-Men weren't treated well especially from 2014 on, but they've been dogging Wanda with this imposter version since 2004.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Look at the Wanda stans blaming it on the X-writers bias.

The X-Men were always portrayed as bullies when it comes to confront Wanda in the past. Nothing to say about that at the time?