Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Considering that the zombies did not leave Genosha in all this time and it seems that they can pass through the portal (And considering that some can fly, they do not even need to swim to Africa), it is very likely that they left them inactive until that the cotati reactivate them.

Perhaps they were hoping they could arrange all this quietly before Krakoa realized it.
    Maybe the staff is supposed to anchor them there?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHA

Sweet Jeansus, what the hell, Maximoff.

I know it's petty to enjoy this, but after years of the X-Men getting the exact same treatement writing wise I'm perfectly fine with this throwing Wanda under the bus thing. I do hope that we can eventually adress these things in a more serious manner but they are clearly going another direction with the tone.
    why is the avy so fitting for the comment

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Look at the Wanda stans blaming it on the X-writers bias.

The X-Men were always portrayed as bullies when it comes to confront Wanda in the past. Nothing to say about that at the time?
    It depends. With childrens crusade many were more thinking that the blame was deflected to doom successfully.

With Uncanny avengers, most wanda fans I know kinda hated how Remender made her his mouthpiece and how antimutant it was.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 08-13-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

The X-Men were always portrayed as bullies when it comes to confront Wanda in the past. Nothing to say about that at the time?
    It's a valid opinion. Of course, this ignores how Wanda was badly written in the Avengers by various writers long before House of M, and who were among their ranks? Bendis and Byrne.

The X-men were bullies in those encounters now? That'd certainly new to me since many people agreed with them when they did it in the relevant threads. Perhaps they should have focused their ire on bad writing than the person being bullied by them.

Perhaps it takes Wanda and Strange a month to devise a solution to the zombie problem, and they arrive in the nick of time to save the X-Men from being overwhelmed by the zombies.
    Perhaps the magic stick was left behind in order to keep the zombies bound to the island and prevent them from leaving.

Hickman was an Avengers writer too. It's not an office bias thing. Neither were her portrayals before this point. And bullies? Lol. I didn't get that take. They came after her and then the writers had them leave in Children's Crusade.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Strange scolding Wanda like a child is sending me. That explains why Illyana is the future sorceress supreme, not the pretender.
    I’m pretty sure being the avatar of Cthon already disqualified her?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Hickman was an Avengers writer too. It's not an office bias thing. Neither were her portrayals before this point. And bullies? Lol. I didn't get that take. They came after her and then the writers had them leave in Children's Crusade.
    Children's Crusade had them appear as the obsessed bullies and Wanda the Genocidal witch was the victim. In AvX the Phoenix 5 wanted to get poor Wanda who was suffering so much. In Uncanny we were supposed to see Rogue as the bad guy for going after Wanda.

The Pretender has had the victim status to hide behind for years, despite having committed Genocide.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Didn’t Hickman outright say that Avengers and F4 were for paycheques and X-Men we’re where his interest lay?

Considering this would have been coming out around the time Darkhold and WandaVision were meant to come out, this feels like a spiteful jab by the X-books towards the rest of Marvel and a shamelessly manipulative way of rallying the x-fans during the midpoint of pre X of Swords books

Children's Crusade had them appear as the obsessed bullies and Wanda the Genocidal witch was the victim. In AvX the Phoenix 5 wanted to get poor Wanda who was suffering so much. In Uncanny we were supposed to see Rogue as the bad guy for going after Wanda.

The Pretender has had the victim status to hide behind for years, despite having committed Genocide.
    I did not get that impression. They wanted to hold her accountable. She wanted to be held accountable. Her former father and the Avengers stopped that. I did not see suffering in AvX. As a matter of fact she only appears a few times. In AvX #0, #6 and then at the end of the event. So she doesn't even have much panel time.

Rogue was written very poorly in UA. And it dumped on a lot of the progression the character had earlier. But they eventually made her a leader of that team, which was better for her.

The antagonistic, childish title is not a surprise. You are reading victim status into it.

I wanted Wanda to have a redemption arc. It didn't really happen. Because they never cared. They didn't even care enough to make her a villain. Just a vague antagonist because she messes up a lot. If they had done a full arc for her that had a beginning, middle and end, it'd have been much better. Instead we had one fumble after another. And every time they revisit this story it's yet another failing. Because they never treat her as a full character. She's just a catalyst. And when they are done with that, she usually goes away for a while. She hasn't had enough panel time to be a victim, villain or anything. And was gone for 7 years, then another 6 months, then disappeared for another year.

You had what, 6 x-books even when Marvel cut back? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Didn’t Hickman outright say that Avengers and F4 were for paycheques and X-Men we’re where his interest lay?

Considering this would have been coming out around the time Darkhold and WandaVision were meant to come out, this feels like a spiteful jab by the X-books towards the rest of Marvel and a shamelessly manipulative way of rallying the x-fans during the midpoint of pre X of Swords books
    I don't know. Hickman is mostly jokes and trolls. Or was on Twitter. I don't think he's even there anymore.

The narrative was that Vision was being unfair and mean to Wanda pre Avengers vs X-Men because he was angry at her for using him as a weapon and killing him. It was just ridculous

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The narrative was that Vision was being unfair and mean to Wanda pre Avengers vs X-Men because he was angry at her for using him as a weapon and killing him. It was just ridculous

She has a mental breakdown during that event, and the people who knew about it like Dr. Strange didn't go to her when she needed it or warn anyone else to prevent it from escalating into what happened despite the fact he spent pages telling everyone he knew every single moment of her life from the instant she was spiralling. And thanks to that failure she lost friends and ruined lives because he couldn't pick up a telephone. This is meant to be what he's good at.

Vision's concerns where understandable, however, it was valid for them to tell him to knock it off. And this wasn't getting into how the Avenger gossiped behind her back and Hawkeye turned against her ASAP despite the fact he's not a casual acquaintance but a close friend and someone who has loved her since he first met her.

There are layers here, except since she's not an X-man she's not allowed to have that space.

Wait why was it valid for them to tell Vision to knock it off? Trauma is valid only for our faves now?

Astonishing Member

Wait why was it valid for them to tell Vision to knock it off? Trauma is valid only for our faves now?
    Please don't straw man my arguments, I already said his concerns were understandable. And this completely ignores Wanda's mental state at that moment, she doesn't do this for kicks like Selene does. Caring about trauma and mental illness should be consistent, not only for favourites. She's not living large out of her tragic mistakes like Cyclops is, she tried to fix things he may as well be from a parallel universe where he wasn't in the PF.

Technically it isn't Vision's place. It was Tony's, since the mansion was his. But Vision is also valid about being hurt too. But those two had plenty of that towards each other over the years. Ever since Vision was taken over by ISAAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Please don't straw man my arguments, I already said his concerns were understandable. And this completely ignores Wanda's mental state at that moment, she doesn't do this for kicks like Selene does. Caring about trauma and mental illness should be consistent, not only for favourites. She's not living large out of her tragic mistakes like Cyclops is, she tried to fix things he may as well be from a parallel universe where he wasn't in the PF.
    This is on the verge of becoming a meme.

You said the others were right to tell him to knock it off. He was killed by Wanda, that's a traumatic experience and if you were to face your killer I doubt you wouldn't be driven by your emotions.

You misdirecting about Scott or any other villain doesn't change the fact that Wanda is still going around making huge messes like M'Day (should I remind you again that she went to Doom herself? She did the same thing that she did here in Empyre, essentially).