Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    If nothing else the Manapul run was beautiful to look at.
    Oh yeah, Manapul is probably the best Flash artist, or at least top 3 (Weringo and Kollins are favorites too).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

I’m happy that I had the best Flash stories ever written about my favorite character during the best time in DC comics. 1987 to 2007ish. You can have the New 52/rebirth era and whatever other nonsense they put out before they eventually stop publishing. I’ll always have my Flash volume 2 comics to reread.
    how do you think that comes off sounding? Whatever have fun with your outdated and overbaked comics to satiate your nostalgia from the literal dark ages /s

I love GL Rebirth.
    i know but most Kyle fans didn't have the same feelings as you and felt more like what you believe about Flash Rebirth

Also earlier you talked about anecdotal evidence. I know plenty of people who grew up with Wally West but prefer Barry Allen. Even then it is still mostly generational. If I was more into contemporary stuff I'd probably like Wally over Barry. But I like Barry because he is just a really simple and straightforward character with an interesting background. I just think Wally isn't nearly as interesting as a hero than Barry

And as a final note I'm also not entirely happen with the landscape at either DC or Marvel. I dropped most of my DC titles that haven't been canned already. Though I'm still optimistic and have enjoyed Williamson's last run and love Joker War. Hopefully this is a good sign and turn around. But I do have to give a shout out to Cates' THOR which is becoming one of my favorite comic runs
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 08-23-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Comparing Kyle and Wally doesn't quite work, Wally run define the modern Flash mythos and pretty much every adaptation use that as a source, having the most well regarded run. Kyle was never that sucessfull and you could even make an argument that he limited the franchise. So GL Rebirth was definetly far more positive considering the amout of satelite titles that they got out of it.
    Yeah it wasa Great time to be a GL fan. Everyone shined and even had their own books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    i know but most Kyle fans didn't have the same feelings as you and felt more like what you believe about Flash Rebirth

Also earlier you talked about anecdotal evidence. I know plenty of people who grew up with Wally West but prefer Barry Allen. Even then it is still mostly generational. If I was more into contemporary stuff I'd probably like Wally over Barry. But I like Barry because he is just a really simple and straightforward character with an interesting background. I just think Wally isn't nearly as interesting as a hero than Barry

And as a final note I'm also not entirely happen with the landscape at either DC or Marvel. I dropped most of my DC titles that haven't been canned already. Though I'm still optimistic and have enjoyed Williamson's last run and love Joker War. Hopefully this is a good sign and turn around. But I do have to give a shout out to Cates' THOR which is becoming one of my favorite comic runs
    I guess my point is just that nothing is absolute. Plenty of people like characters they didn’t grow up with. Or even music, movie etc.

Oh yeah, Manapul is probably the best Flash artist, or at least top 3 (Weringo and Kollins are favorites too).
    He’s definitely up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    how do you think that comes off sounding? Whatever have fun with your outdated and overbaked to satiate your nostalgia /s

Call Wallys run outdated all you want. It’s still considered the best Flash comics by many comics fans. I don’t see people anywhere raving about ANY Flash comics since 2009.

You think because something is old it’s outdated? Lol.
    Last edited by Hol; 08-23-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Call Wallys run outdated all you want. It’s still considered the best Flash comics by many comics fans. I don’t see people anywhere raving about ANY Flash comics since 2009.
    He was being sarcastic.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    At least in the US, we're always trained to back a horse and pick a side. You can't like cola, you gotta pick Coke or Pepsi; Wars or Trek; Marvel or DC. So on and forth.
    A wise old Jedi Master I met on Dagobah once told me that to grow, we must unlearn what we have learned.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

He was being sarcastic.
    You really think so? I understand sarcasm pretty well but I don’t think that’s where he was going here.

Being sarcastic would be telling me to have fun rereading the best Flash comics ever. Wink wink. I think he was being pretty direct.
    Last edited by Hol; 08-23-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    At least in the US, we're always trained to back a horse and pick a side. You can't like cola, you gotta pick Coke or Pepsi; Wars or Trek; Marvel or DC. So on and forth.
    Who started that by the way? I can see sports fans doing that, sports fans do that in every country, but comics games and soda?

You really think so? I understand sarcasm pretty well but I don’t think that’s where he was going here.

Being sarcastic would be telling me to have fun rereading the best Flash comics ever. Wink wink. I think he was being pretty direct.
    He put an S, i think that that mean sarcasm.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

He put an S, i think that that mean sarcasm.
    Lol oh is that a thing? I have no clue.

Lol oh is that a thing? I have no clue.
    For some people, yeah.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

For some people, yeah.
    Gotcha. I hadn’t seen it before.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

A friend of mine is 21 years older than me. He was reading comics in the 60s and he loves Barry but prefers Wally as well. He just likes the character more. I don’t think it’s so unusual. Wally was written very well for 20 years. Not a lot of characters are so lucky.
    I didn't say it was unusual, but it's not the prevalent view. All you need to do is go through all of the Flash discussions online that are archived to see that most fans prefer their first "love."
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?