Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am excited we are back with the main team! The alt universe "Captain Britains" in the last issue was ok, but I wanted to see what happened to everyone, and poor Jubilee just wants to get her baby back!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Awwww!! Poor Jubes and Shogo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

As someone who fell off Excalibur after the second issue, is there anything of note or important to know leading into X of Swords? Cause Tini is pretty involved in the upcoming crossover. Should I go back and read the spoiler threads for the last couple issues, or do you think I'll be good?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    As someone who fell off Excalibur after the second issue, is there anything of note or important to know leading into X of Swords? Cause Tini is pretty involved in the upcoming crossover. Should I go back and read the spoiler threads for the last couple issues, or do you think I'll be good?
    Honestly? Mostly nothing. Apocalypse took over Avalon and put a puppet king in place, vivisected Morgan, and spent a few issues collecting magic pieces for some kind of spell. Everyone just sort of went along with it. Jamie made a few copies of the team to be a fake Captain Britain corp and tried to take over the Star Citadel. That's pretty much it.

UHUH... Spent six months waiting for this. Jubes better get some REAL payback. This "holed up inside a magic tree after someone tried to kill her son" thing isn't cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    UHUH... Spent six months waiting for this. Jubes better get some REAL payback. This "holed up inside a magic tree after someone tried to kill her son" thing isn't cutting it.
    If I had a dollar for every time I was holed up inside a magic tree, I swear...

mozzle, issue #12 is listed as a prelude on the X of Swords checklist so that will likely be the MOST connected issue. •-[A]-• has been trying to get access to the Arrako transit thingy but it hasn't really happened yet.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If they thought it was bad the first time Jubes went off, just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Yay another unexciting issue with basic dialogue.

She just doesn’t excite me as a writer. I don’t see what others are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    Last couple issues were very good, you could check them out. But there's little info you need for XoS at this point, you should be good. This issue is Path to XoS so probably it will be more important.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Totally forgot what happened to Shogo.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

None of Excalibur issues were good. It is easy the lowest quality DOX book right now.
    I am sad for Marcus To. He deserves better.

I hope it will end with Swords of X and characters will be saved in other projects by better writers.

Everyone is so quick to be negative these days.

I’m really looking forward to the issue. Excalibur’s picked up a lot of steam over the last couple of issues.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    None of Excalibur issues were good. It is easy the lowest quality DOX book right now.
    I am sad for Marcus To. He deserves better.

I hope it will end with Swords of X and characters will be saved in other projects by better writers.
    Matter of opinion of course. to me it is not the lowest quality DOX book, but it is close to it. Quite some characters seem to play supporting roles, well actually, the whole team, except Betsy and a bit for Rictor, seem to play a supporting role with barely any developments.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Totally forgot what happened to Shogo.
    He was shot by Saturnyne twinktwunk army. Then Jubes jumped to his rescue, but I think that both were armed and captured by those forest people.