Default Best way to collect DC vs Marvel 90s crossover

I own dc vs marvel #1 floppy and Green Lantern Vs Silver surfer

What is the best way to collect that whole story in tpb?
    20200813_184032.jpg

Incredible Member

all has been collected into tpbs before relationship soured between the 2 companies

The Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. I collect the old original 70s/80s crossover - superman vs spider-man,hulk vs batman, teen titans vs x-men etc

The Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. 2 collect the newer ones like batman vs punisher , batman and captain america, superman/silver surfer etc

the Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. 3 collected spider-man/batman batman/daredevil,superman vs hulk, team 7/x-men for some reason, has no place in this collection

the Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. 4 collects the green lantern/silver surfer , the 2nd batman/spider-man, galacus vs darkseid, superman/fantastic four

then dc vs marvel tpb which should be accoimpanied by The Amalgam Age of Comics: The Marvel Comics Collection and The Amalgam Age of Comics (The DC Comics Collection) - all the one-shots from amalgram. dc and marvel released another one shots a few months later which was again collected as Return to the Amalgam Age of Comics: The DC Comics Collection and Return to the Amalgam Age of Comics: The marvel Comics Collection.

access himself has 2 more minis - all access and unlimited access where he faced more hijinx from marvel and dc characters.

then there's the magnus opum of them all and the final crossover - the jla/avengers by perez/busiek which has been collected in tpb

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I own dc vs marvel #1 floppy and Green Lantern Vs Silver surfer

What is the best way to collect that whole story in tpb?
    20200813_184032.jpg
    The power of Ebay! There are a number of auctions for the trades

All Access and Unlimited Access were kind of hidden gems of that crossover. we got even more interesting crossovers as it dealt with reality and time being altered so they weren't limited to the heroes of that time. so there's a few pages of Hal Jordan vs Hulk and Silver Age Avengers vs Silver Age JLA (minus The Trinity).

Incredible Member

marvel vs dc was such a huge deal but all the fights were never given enough time and space to breathe , all cramped into 4 parts with the voting fiasco that has wolverine beating lobo and storm beating wonder woman. they could have put wolverine against superman and wolverine would still have won the voting. all access was interesting but it falls under company crossover rules - no character or team were made to look weak hence why x-men can actually stalemate the jla.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I've found the trades to be pretty pricey.
    Most single issues are still available pretty cheap.
    And while the mini series was fun, the Amalgam issues a blast and the two Access minis worth a read, what I REALLY enjoyed were the one-shots from around that time.
    Spider-Man/Batman (Carnage & Joker)
    Batman/Spider-Man (Kingpin & Ras Al Ghul)
    Batman/Daredevil
    Batman/Captain America
    Batman/Punisher
    Punisher/Batman (First JR Jnr Batman!)
    Green Lantern/Silver Surfer
    Then of course the big one, JLA/Avengers
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    all has been collected into tpbs before relationship soured between the 2 companies

The Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. I collect the old original 70s/80s crossover - superman vs spider-man,hulk vs batman, teen titans vs x-men etc

The Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. 2 collect the newer ones like batman vs punisher , batman and captain america, superman/silver surfer etc

the Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. 3 collected spider-man/batman batman/daredevil,superman vs hulk, team 7/x-men for some reason, has no place in this collection

the Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. 4 collects the green lantern/silver surfer , the 2nd batman/spider-man, galacus vs darkseid, superman/fantastic four

then dc vs marvel tpb which should be accoimpanied by The Amalgam Age of Comics: The Marvel Comics Collection and The Amalgam Age of Comics (The DC Comics Collection) - all the one-shots from amalgram. dc and marvel released another one shots a few months later which was again collected as Return to the Amalgam Age of Comics: The DC Comics Collection and Return to the Amalgam Age of Comics: The marvel Comics Collection.

access himself has 2 more minis - all access and unlimited access where he faced more hijinx from marvel and dc characters.

then there's the magnus opum of them all and the final crossover - the jla/avengers by perez/busiek which has been collected in tpb
    Thank you very much for the detailed response...

Which of those books though would follow after the #1 issue I posted? Specifically would like to see how that story unfolded... or just better off getting singles.

Thanks as well to everyone else!

I decided to by crossover classic 2 and 3 and 2, 3, 4 issues os dc versus marvel

Thanks again everyone

Incredible Member

i would highly recommend jla/avengers. nobody does it better than george perez

Last edited by marshal88; 08-14-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i would highly recommend jla/avengers. nobody does it better than george perez

Seems like copies of that are going for hundreds of $

Unless you know where to find for cheap...?

Incredible Member

ebay perhaps, i think singles as set 1-4 can be gotten for less than hundred. the tpb and deluxe hardcover are harder to find.