Amazing Member

Default Question about Johnathan Hickman's Run

So I'm just now getting to the party on this one. I just recently ordered the House of X/ Powers of X Hardcover.

If I want to collect more of Hickman specific issues and want only Hardcover, what's going on with that? I looked on amazon and his name is some X men trades and Dawn of X trades. Is his run ever going to be collected on hardcover? Maybe they are waiting to just do Omnibuses?

I've heard a lot of hype for Hickman on X-Men. Would you guys still back it though. Sounds like he's been on it a while now.

They'll collect it, and they'll keep collecting it. Over and over and over and over and....

Personally it bores me to tears.

Yeah if you want it exclusively in HC you'll be waiting for them to collect them. They may do individual collections of a year or so or maybe just save it for omnibus.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
    So I'm just now getting to the party on this one. I just recently ordered the House of X/ Powers of X Hardcover.
    It's still early days in the run, (not a year has passed and owing to the Pandemic and delays in comics time it's not a full year yet) so you aren't late to the party by any means. Reading HoX/PoX in and of itself will help you understand most of the stuff that happens later.

If I want to collect more of Hickman specific issues and want only Hardcover, what's going on with that?
    Nothing concrete is announced on just the Hickman issues. Most of the Hickman X-Men run is single issues for the time being.

Is his run ever going to be collected on hardcover?
    Eventually, I expect it will yeah.

I've heard a lot of hype for Hickman on X-Men. Would you guys still back it though. Sounds like he's been on it a while now.
    If you read House of X/Powers of X and like and enjoy it you will probably like the rest of the run.

I think this is the most exciting time to be an X-Men fan in a very long time and the X-Men comics and tie-in books are the best stuff Marvel is putting out now.

Amazing Member

This sounds good then. I didn't realize it really hasn't been a whole year since he's been on the books. For some reasons it felt longer in my eyes.

I also know Apocalypse seems to be a key player here, and I'm hoping he's put to good use as he's one of my favorite characters. I'm looking forward to it.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I think HoxPox is defnitely worth a hardcover as it's a good read full of interesting ideas.

All I can say about a HC of his ten X-Men issues so far is that it would be a ridiculously unfulfilling read with so many things introduced in one issue and then dropped like a stone straight away. There's a couple of legitimately excellent issues in there (4 & 7 spring to mind), but some absolute bobbins too, and the last issue convinced me to drop the book as it was one of the most boring issues of a supposed 'flagship' title I have ever read, coming on the back of a boring two-parter previously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
    This sounds good then. I didn't realize it really hasn't been a whole year since he's been on the books. For some reasons it felt longer in my eyes.
    That's because it's been a very dense few months. 12 issues of HoX/PoX were published once-a-week over two months. Then after that it's been raining X-books with some 6 X-books a month. So it's been packed with content and filled with stuff.

There's real value in these books for the most part, more stuff happens in a single issue than other titles.

I also know Apocalypse seems to be a key player here, and I'm hoping he's put to good use as he's one of my favorite characters. I'm looking forward to it.
    Apocalypse is at his best, or near his best in Hickman's run. You will have a grand time reading him. He's a major character in Excalibur and also in Hickman's X-Men #4 and X-Men #7 (both of which are standalone and can be read independently, after you read HoX/PoX).
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 08-15-2020 at 09:14 AM.