Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I'm so pumped! I saw the city map. It's almost time!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To add to the previous discussion, Arkham Origins was the second best of the Batman games after City. There I said it. It was highly underrated and WBM did not deserve the hate that they got

I dont like the idea of announcing the two games at the same time. Should have spaced them out
    I loved the story of Origins, it and City are the best in that regard. But for me the game wasn't as full at the rocksteady games. And the mechanics weren't as sharp and smooth as City and Knight imo. Tried playing it on PS Now and it feels clunky, part of that is because it won't let you download you have to stream it. But I just remember thinking the story was superior but the level of detail and gameplay wasn't as good when it came out. I'm hoping they adopt Rocksteadys riddle system. The trophies are cool but I'm talking more about the scanable environment riddles. I think Origins just had like plaques on buildings you could scan but I could be wrong. Been awhile

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I completely agree with your ranking here

I know that Origins got hate for the multiplayer and glitches. I came in a few months before AK and never played the MP so that had no bearing on my opinion and any issues that it had, were long since patched up. What we got was a great game with great story and pacing
    It also gets flak for being derivative, and the shock gloves making combat piss easy. Judging by how Knight went down staying with the tried and true isn't always a bad thing.

I imagine WB Montreal has probably had enough time to make this game their own instead of having to just re-use or playing off a lot of Rocksteady's assets, although I imagine some of what they did for Knight will factor into this game.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The original game plan from WB was that there would be a Batman game every 2-3 years like the Assassin's Creed franchise. But the reaction to Origins made them slow that idea down a lot. And I agree Origins gets a lot of hate for no reason. It had a decent story and I loved the electric gloves where your combos would fly off the chart as they say.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

New codes on the redacted website appear to have suggested both Batgirl as playable and Two-Face as a villain.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro...-13149967/amp/

Did they even SAY which consoles this was actually going to be on? Kind of important information!

Also I am worried that this is BLATANTLY ripping off Marvel's Avengers, which is a game people are already concerned about. Given SS is likely to do the same I do fear comic audiences are going to get tired fast if we have three games with the same aspects of stats and costumes and trying to force multiplayer onto the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Did they even SAY which consoles this was actually going to be on? Kind of important information!

Also I am worried that this is BLATANTLY ripping off Marvel's Avengers, which is a game people are already concerned about. Given SS is likely to do the same I do fear comic audiences are going to get tired fast if we have three games with the same aspects of stats and costumes and trying to force multiplayer onto the player.
    Seeing how this game is using the same gameplay as the Arkham games we know that the foundation is excellent. The RPG elements that's been added is the real worry. That's prime for monetization

Fantastic Member

Do we know which Robin that is yet? Damian or Tim?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Not explicitly that I've seen yet. The design screams Damian, though the staff says Tim. I assumed Damian watching the trailer initially, but seems inconclusive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Going by the look I would say Tim. I am also surprised given her show that there's no Batwoman. Maybe she'll be a DLC character.

This game really needs to have a more indepth look on how it works. 20 minutes really wasn't enough time to know for sure what it's like.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    My personal list is --

1#- Arkham City
    2#- Arkham Asylum
    3#- Arkham Origins
    4#- Arkham Knight
    I'm surprised how much hate Knight gets around here, I thought it was excellent, though not the masterpiece that City was. Loved the Batmobile, though not so much some of the tank battles. The story was a little bit dragged out, but they wanted to build Jason's backstory so I can forgive most of that. And the gameplay was super, super smooth. Easily the best game in the series in that respect.

Origins also gets a lot of hate, and I totally understand why. It rehashed a lot of what came before in terms of gameplay, without adding anything new other than the shock gloves. Which are basically easy mode, and kill all the challenge in the late game. I shouldn't have to choose not to use a mechanic in order to feel challenged by a game, that's just poor design. But the story is excellent, maybe the strongest of any of the Arkham games. And I absolutely adored their take on Bane, it was so nice to see the character given some respect before they turned him into the mindless Not-Hulk from Asylum at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm surprised how much hate Knight gets around here, I thought it was excellent, though not the masterpiece that City was. Loved the Batmobile, though not so much some of the tank battles. The story was a little bit dragged out, but they wanted to build Jason's backstory so I can forgive most of that. And the gameplay was super, super smooth. Easily the best game in the series in that respect.
    The thing I dislike about Knight is how much the Batmobile is integrated into the game. If it merely your main method of getting around the map it would have been fine but so much of the game resolves around the damn thing. From solving puzzles, boss battles (which took a serious nose dive compared to Origins), competing specific missions. It was so damn clustersome. I played it on PC which was a goddamn broken and continues to be.

Youtube video of the gameplay footage