Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Gotham Knights

Despite the awkward looking game play of the trailer, this Gotham Knights at least looks fun.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is a wait and see for me. I'll wait before buying it on release. As someone joked , Warner Media was handed a literal license to print money with the Batman Arkham name and series and didn't seem to understand that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is a wait and see for me. I'll wait before buying it on release. As someone joked , Warner Media was handed a literal license to print money with the Batman Arkham name and series and didn't seem to understand that.
    I always felt that WB should have gone with a Batman Beyond game to follow up on Knight. The ending of Knight was the perfect setup for one.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I always felt that WB should have gone with a Batman Beyond game to follow up on Knight. The ending of Knight was the perfect setup for one.
    They had a literal past , present and future to do really. How do you boggle a money making series like this ? Batman : Arkham Beyond could have sold gangbusters.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Last fall there was some leaked concept art of a game with Damian Wayne as the playable character, but ended up getting canned. I think that would have been interesting.

I loved the Arkham games, but this just looks like every other game now.

So is Langstrom actually dead or is that corpse going to morph into a mutant bat...he was definitely experimenting with hybrids (which is what the Court wanted?).

I like how much of a dork Tim seems to be. I'm not loving Babs' VA work though.

The Freaks? Are they supposed to be like the Mutants?

Thug dialogue has taken a downturn compared to the Arkham games. I mean, grass!?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is Langstrom actually dead or is that corpse going to morph into a mutant bat...he was definitely experimenting with hybrids (which is what the Court wanted?).

I like how much of a dork Tim seems to be. I'm not loving Babs' VA work though.

The Freaks? Are they supposed to be like the Mutants?

Thug dialogue has taken a downturn compared to the Arkham games. I mean, grass!?
    So I wasn't the only one who thought the freaks were the mutants. They look and act like them. They should have given them the name.

Langstorm better turn into Man bat. It would be a complete waste of his character to kill him off. Also, no Francine?

So I wasn't the only one who thought the freaks were the mutants. They look and act like them. They should have given them the name.

Langstorm better turn into Man bat. It would be a complete waste of his character to kill him off. Also, no Francine?
    Well, after Arkham Knight maybe it's for the best Francine's not in it...

They’ve released gameplay of a boss fight with Harley. Her design is interesting, but the voice actor isn’t very strong imo.

Boss fight gameplay is probably the best combat I’ve seen from this game. Hopefully there’s more like that in the game. Boss fight itself was fairly basic overall! But got me slightly more optimistic for the game. I’m mostly looking forward to seeing more of Gotham

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Gotham Knights is about to announce new free story DLC with the three villains in the main game teaming up for one big scheme, plus some new variations of enemies and the like. Seems to be a case of too little too late?

I started playing the game and it is mediocre. I wish WB montreal kept the Arkham combat because the one they created for this game is boring. There's nothing satisfying about it. The loot feels pointless. Traversal is infuriating. The grapple hook targeting is wonky andneeding to unlocking the main traversal is dumb. The batcycle is the only thing that gets me around that isn't crap.

I do like how loaded this game is with lore and easter eggs. The emails the characters get have a bunch of deep cuts.