Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Gotham Knights

Eurogamer confirmed that WB Montreal new game will be revealed at Fandome on August 22nd.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status...039409664?s=21

Now, that's something i'm going to keep an eye on.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Very excited to see this revealed! I seem to be one of the few people who liked aspects of Arkham Origins more than the core trilogy so I have reasonable confidence in Warner Montreal to do a great Batman game, especially if the Joker isn't the main villain for once (don't mind him appearing, just don't have him be part of the main story this time) that single player still is the focus (regardless of whatever inevitable tacked on multiplayer there is) and we get to play as the whole Bat Family (or at least Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl).

It's also one of the first panels, right after Wonder Woman 1984, and supposed to be about 20 minutes long (same with the Suicide Squad game).

The Bat is back .

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Very excited to see this revealed! I seem to be one of the few people who liked aspects of Arkham Origins more than the core trilogy so I have reasonable confidence in Warner Montreal to do a great Batman game, especially if the Joker isn't the main villain for once (don't mind him appearing, just don't have him be part of the main story this time) that single player still is the focus (regardless of whatever inevitable tacked on multiplayer there is) and we get to play as the whole Bat Family (or at least Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl).

It's also one of the first panels, right after Wonder Woman 1984, and supposed to be about 20 minutes long (same with the Suicide Squad game).
    The Story of Origins was better imo. They seemed to understand the characters a bit better. But other then that I thought Arkham games were superior. But yea im still excited, Rocksteady cracked the code WB Montreal as the blue print for the game mechanics. They just need to craft and good story and world.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The Story of Origins was better imo. They seemed to understand the characters a bit better. But other then that I thought Arkham games were superior. But yea im still excited, Rocksteady cracked the code WB Montreal as the blue print for the game mechanics. They just need to craft and good story and world.
    Agreed, Origins really was a case of’if it’s not broken don’t fix it’ and it always annoyed me how much flak it got simply for not being made by Rocksteady or having different actors for Batman and Joker (who did a great job by the way).

The rumours are that this game is something of a refresher for Batman games and might not be connected to the Arkham games, which I am open to. Curious to see how the game works in terms of characters and the various villains in play - given the way the game has maintained its mystery for so long outside the idea that the Court of Owls are the main threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Agreed, Origins really was a case of’if it’s not broken don’t fix it’ and it always annoyed me how much flak it got simply for not being made by Rocksteady or having different actors for Batman and Joker (who did a great job by the way).

The rumours are that this game is something of a refresher for Batman games and might not be connected to the Arkham games, which I am open to. Curious to see how the game works in terms of characters and the various villains in play - given the way the game has maintained its mystery for so long outside the idea that the Court of Owls are the main threat.
    A lot of the rumors about the game have involved a fully playable Batfamily so I'm curious how that will play into missions and free roam and how you switch between characters.

I also wonder if they'll keep the Batmobile or just go back to normal Arkham traversal.

To add to the previous discussion, Arkham Origins was the second best of the Batman games after City. There I said it. It was highly underrated and WBM did not deserve the hate that they got

I dont like the idea of announcing the two games at the same time. Should have spaced them out

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To add to the previous discussion, Arkham Origins was the second best of the Batman games after City. There I said it. It was highly underrated and WBM did not deserve the hate that they got

I dont like the idea of announcing the two games at the same time. Should have spaced them out
    For me it’s Arkham City>Arkham Origins>Arkham Knight>Arkham Asylum. And that’s definitely not saying that Asylum is a bad game either. But I would love to see a remastered Origins just like Asylum and City got.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of the rumors about the game have involved a fully playable Batfamily so I'm curious how that will play into missions and free roam and how you switch between characters.

I also wonder if they'll keep the Batmobile or just go back to normal Arkham traversal.
    I am personally hoping for Bruce, Dick, Tim or Damian and Barbara at launch, and then DLC later adding Jason, Kate, Selina and the other Robin. Ambitious I know.

Extraordinary Member

If this game doesn't have a playable Cassandra Cain in it I will be supremely disappointed but not surprised.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

My personal list is --

1#- Arkham City
    2#- Arkham Asylum
    3#- Arkham Origins
    4#- Arkham Knight
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Beware the Court of Owls, that watches all the time,
    Ruling Gotham from a shadowed perch, behind granite and lime.
    They watch you at your hearth, they watch you in your bed.
    Speak not a whispered word about them, or they'll send the Talon for your head.

FIVE DAYS.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

My personal list is City > Origins > Asylum > Knight

I understand a lot of the hate Origins tends to get but it's every overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    My personal list is City > Origins > Asylum > Knight

I understand a lot of the hate Origins tends to get but it's every overblown.
    I completely agree with your ranking here

I know that Origins got hate for the multiplayer and glitches. I came in a few months before AK and never played the MP so that had no bearing on my opinion and any issues that it had, were long since patched up. What we got was a great game with great story and pacing