Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Despite my reservations I have to admit that it's awesome to see a populated Gotham finally.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's safe to say this isn't the Arkham continuity. So much just doesn't line up. I'm not oppose to a fresh start for Batman in games.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/22/21...eal-dc-fandome

On all consoles and both solo and multiplayer, thank god.

BANNED

It's unexpected doing a Batman game without Batman (though I think he'll eventually turn up in some form in the final game).

Not too enthused about the Court of Owls as antagonists, as anything in fact.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Yeah, I’m honestly expecting it to be revealed somewhere in the late game that Bruce isn’t dead after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah, I’m honestly expecting it to be revealed somewhere in the late game that Bruce isn’t dead after all.
    I think the second half will have Batman and the finale will have us play as him and the entire Batfamily in the closing missions and post-game and DLC.

Gotham Knights seems to be a total continuity reset and reboot. It's obviously not consistent with the events of Rocksteady's trilogy. So the WB Batman games from Origins through Knights will be its own thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think the second half will have Batman and the finale will have us play as him and the entire Batfamily in the closing missions and post-game and DLC.
    I wouldn't be surprised by any of this. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if the main Talon is actually a brainwashed Bruce.

Gotham Knights seems to be a total continuity reset and reboot. It's obviously not consistent with the events of Rocksteady's trilogy. So the WB Batman games from Origins through Knights will be its own thing.
    It does seem possible that they might pull a Captain America and reveal he's not dead, or even have him turned into a Talon, which would be an interesting twist.

Knights is definitely in its own universe, not even connected to Origins. I think it's no bad thing to give themselves a fresh start.

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-...cters-detailed

Big details here! Most important are that you only can have two heroes at once but it is solo as well as co-op, and that it's Tim Drake as Robin, not Damian Wayne.

This looks awesome and I damn sure cannot wait to buy this bad boy.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    My personal take? The Court of Owls turned Bruce into the Talon we see at the end of the trailer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-...cters-detailed

Big details here! Most important are that you only can have two heroes at once but it is solo as well as co-op, and that it's Tim Drake as Robin, not Damian Wayne.
    Interesting. I'm honestly surprised it's Tim and not Damian. Though now that I've seen the Freeze level gameplay on Youtube that's more obvious (the voice acting is definitely more Tim).

I can play as Tim AND Jason in the same game? Ok, WB Montreal, I'm listening.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The thing I dislike about Knight is how much the Batmobile is integrated into the game. If it merely your main method of getting around the map it would have been fine but so much of the game resolves around the damn thing. From solving puzzles, boss battles (which took a serious nose dive compared to Origins), competing specific missions. It was so damn clustersome. I played it on PC which was a goddamn broken and continues to be.
    That's fair. I definitely agree that they put too much emphasis on the tank battles. I didn't mind the batmobile centered puzzles, however. The car was the big new toy, it was fun to use it. And I loved how seamlessly you could integrate it into the combat flow and actually use it to your advantage. But I can absolutely see how that might not be everyone's take.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Origins isn't going to splinter off into it's own thing. Arkham Knight had a tons of references to it and even followed up on a few things. It's firmly entrenched in Arkham continuity.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

looks good i cant wait for a deadshot dlc