Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

Fantastic Member

Im Optomistic for this, looked decent to me, need to see more though.

It...looked pretty generic, not like a Batman game at all to me. I'm just being honest. It looked like a typical action, adventure game, except lacking everything that made the Arkham games cool like (true) stealth and true combat. And skmeone mentioned the voice acting being weak; that's for true. And the story is boring; Bruce is dead (again? I swear, this modaphucka fakes his own death/dies these days more often than he stays alive - DKR, Final Crisis, Arkham Knight, DKRises, Gotham Knights...) and now his allies take his place. But we all know he's going to show up again. There's no way he won't; it's WB - they can't help themselves.

Ugghhhhh can I get ONE DC video game that doesn't look silly?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

One thing I wanna know is whether we get to pick which two heroes go on missions together. Could lead to some interesting dynamics and interactions if we can.

The trailer makes you think it starts off where Knight left off but then quickly was like naw. Bruce is assumed dead but this is a different world

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    One thing I wanna know is whether we get to pick which two heroes go on missions together. Could lead to some interesting dynamics and interactions if we can.
    I wonder if other heroes only appear during missions for co-op.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The gameplay footage video mentions the game's villains having story arcs. I'm curious to know what's Freeze's endgame by recreating the climax of Batman & Robin.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The gameplay footage video mentions the game's villains having story arcs. I'm curious to know what's Freeze's endgame by recreating the climax of Batman & Robin.
    There were rumours a while ago about this game where they were going to have the main story with the Court of Owls and then have fewer side missions than the Arkham games but try to make them as epic and ambitious as the main storyline, with the rumours implying that we would get a Ras/League of Shadows side story, a Harley Quinn breaking Joker out of Arkham story and a Mister Freeze story. And we can assume from the pre event teases that a Two Face story is possible as well.

BANNED

Instead of putting everything into 1 character, lets have 4 reduced versions of 1 character to play with. This is probably why they don't have you play as Batman.

That boss battle with Mr.Freeze is terrible. The guy basically stands there to let Batfam members hit him and with a health bar, its gonna be button mashing.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 08-23-2020 at 02:12 PM.

So is Jason gonna just be shooting people the whole games while the other 3 scold him for it? Or are those non lethal bullets. Batmans gone i think the other 3 need to turn the other way and let Jason take some villians off the board... permanently

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So is Jason gonna just be shooting people the whole games while the other 3 scold him for it? Or are those non lethal bullets. Batmans gone i think the other 3 need to turn the other way and let Jason take some villians off the board... permanently
    He's using rubber bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's using rubber bullets.
    Ah and just like that my dreams are crushed.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    There were rumours a while ago about this game where they were going to have the main story with the Court of Owls and then have fewer side missions than the Arkham games but try to make them as epic and ambitious as the main storyline, with the rumours implying that we would get a Ras/League of Shadows side story, a Harley Quinn breaking Joker out of Arkham story and a Mister Freeze story. And we can assume from the pre event teases that a Two Face story is possible as well.
    One rumor a long while back was the game would have a lot of DLC down the road added to it. Like if you get season pass more side missions and rogues are out there to do. That there would be more DLC content than what Arkham games had , way more.

No idea if that is gonna be true or not. I will give it a shot to see how it is.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One rumor a long while back was the game would have a lot of DLC down the road added to it. Like if you get season pass more side missions and rogues are out there to do. That there would be more DLC content than what Arkham games had , way more.

No idea if that is gonna be true or not. I will give it a shot to see how it is.
    I buy it especially considering thats been a staple of the Arkham games. I think they'll have a long DLC roadmap to help tide people over until Suicide Squad the following year

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I buy it especially considering thats been a staple of the Arkham games. I think they'll have a long DLC roadmap to help tide people over until Suicide Squad the following year
    Suicide Squad won't be the same type of game. They can co-exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Suicide Squad won't be the same type of game. They can co-exist.
    Them being the same type of game or not is irrelevant. It makes sense to have a steady stream of content drops for this game in the year leading up to Suicide Squad then a one and done release given the type of game it is and the history behind the previous games. A year post release, the hype for GK will have died down and it will be just in time for SS to take over the mindshare of gamers anyway, especially since its being made by the A-tier studio. The two games have overlapping audiences and the bulk of the people that play GK will have moved over to SS when it comes out, which wouldnt be surprising since again they will come out about a year apart
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-25-2020 at 08:46 PM.