THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman November 2020 solicitations

SUPERMAN #27

written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and DANNY MIKI
    variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and DANNY MIKI
    ON SALE 11/10/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    A cosmic-level threat has come to Metropolis! Synmar has traveled across the galaxy to unleash hell on Superman—and our hero must learn that this creature is so alien that he will have to reinvent how he’s going to fight! To that end, Superman goes to the source to learn where this new nemesis came from, only to find himself in a corner of the galaxy he’s never seen before, way off the map—and he may find the return journey even harder than getting there in the first place!
    Featuring an appearance by the Justice League and a new foe unlike anything the Man of Steel has ever faced, this epic slugfest is brought to you by Brian Michael Bendis with art by Ivan Reis and Danny Miki!

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #11

art by RYAN SOOK and
    WADE VON GRAWBADGER
    Cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    ON SALE 11/24/20
    For a thousand years, the planet Krypton has been rebuilding itself, and the House of Zod has kept the legacy of Krypton alive throughout the galaxy. For a thousand years, the capital city of Kandor—home of the hero known as Mon-El—has been a beacon of hope across the universe. But now the shocking news that Superboy has come to live in the 31st century with the Legion of Super-Heroes has awoken Krypton’s greatest foe! How can the Legion of Super-Heroes stop the destruction of New Krypton? Plus, delve into the mystery behind Gold Lantern!

YOUNG JUSTICE #20

written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    card stock variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    ON SALE 11/3/20
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FINAL ISSUE
    For the first time in months, the entire Young Justice team comes together to face a threat bigger than anything they’ve faced before. Just as the team has come to grips with their fractured legacy, someone from Young Justice’s past has come back to murder them! Guest-starring the Wonder Twins, Dial H for Hero, and Naomi—plus some other Wonder Comics surprises too hot to mention here! Don’t miss this final issue from the Eisner Award-nominated co-writers of Naomi!

ACTION COMICS #1027

art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    card stock variant cover by GARY FRANK
    ON SALE 11/24/20
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    Is Superman on the ropes? An epic battle rages across the skies of Metropolis! The House of Kent, Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, the Legion of Super-Heroes’ Brainiac 5, and Young Justice’s Conner Kent all unite to face an enemy from another dimension unleashed by the Invisible Mafia! This kind of power can lay waste to an entire family of super-people!
    All of this plus the future of the Daily Planet revealed! Another epic Superman story for the ages by the team of Bendis, Romita Jr., and Janson!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Also, just because it's pretty

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Well, if it wasn't for the presence of big names like Romita or Reis these solicits would strongly resemble those leftover issues which are a sign of the imminent end of a run.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Hold up, not only is this version Mon-el from New Krypton but he descends from the city of Kandor, the city that Rogal Zaar murdered and then was resurrected as a mini Lazarus pit army by Zod? I have a feeling that is going to have some pretty serious implications for Mon-els backstory.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Saw that Young Justice has been cancelled.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...tice-and-more/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hold up, not only is this version Mon-el from New Krypton but he descends from the city of Kandor, the city that Rogal Zaar murdered and then was resurrected as a mini Lazarus pit army by Zod? I have a feeling that is going to have some pretty serious implications for Mon-els backstory.
    Well bendis has been hinting at something big with him for quite some times now.

Also, that main cover for LoSH... right in the feels !
    Last edited by Korath; 08-14-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well bendis has been hinting at something big with him for quite some times now.

Also, that main ciover for LoSH... right in the feels !
    I agree on that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Then the questions are is Mon-El from Daxam and is his real name Lar Gand like his tag says in issue 2? Or was that him creating a sort of "secret identity" in order to hide who he really was from Jon?

Though it is seems more and more fitting to assume that Daxam and Daxamites as we knew them in other continuities maybe aren't a thing anymore.

YJ cancelled, wtf

Give Conner his own series and make him great again

If YJ got the boot..... I'd bet my ass Legion is Ending at 12.

Another failed relaunch is not a good look, but hopefully the Legion can survive another. I feel bad about YJ though, most of these characters outside the ones directly connected to the Trinity are going to fall into oblivion in light of the Implosion.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-14-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    most of these characters outside the ones directly connected to the Trinity are going to fall into oblivion in light of the Implosion.
    Honestly, I'm okay with that. The newer members are part of the reason I didn't like this run. Same for the current Teen Titans.

I am really sad for Conner, Cassie, and Bart though. There's a chance Bart could stick around as a supporting character in Flash. But Conner's only hopes now are in Super books that I've already dropped (and he's not enough to get me reading again), and I don't see Cassie being used very often in Wonder Woman. Has she been used at all in that book yet?

This really is a shame. Of all the books they were putting Bendis on, Young Justice was the only one I had nothing but confidence in. I just knew he was gonna knock it out of the park. But, alas. Even that ended up being a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    YJ cancelled, wtf

Give Conner his own series and make him great again
    Please! I'd be all over a solo Conner book!
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-14-2020 at 10:51 PM.

I would totally support a Conner solo title again. I am shocked at Young Justice getting cancelled, but I'm unsure if there won't be a relaunch of it and other cancelled titles within the year.
    YJ I'd think would be a title they'd keep since the animated series is an ongoing success.

Young Justice was selling around 20k mark before Covid related shutdown. Probably thats not where DC wants it and especially not with Bendis at the helm.

If they used the YJ4,and added well known characters like aqualad, ms martian, static, and blue beetle I bet the book would have done atleast a lil better. Oh and not been spinning it's wheels for so many issues.

This version of Conner is so underdeveloped I can barely see how he would have his own book