Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default DC Comics Solicitations - November 2020

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-novemb...solicitations/

CBR has them up, too, but there is a formatting problem making the text shift further to the right into tinier and tinier columns until it just disappears off the right side of the page. I'm sure they'll fix that soon.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...november-2020/

Many cancellations, some of which I either expected or am not surprised, some which are unexpected and worth discussing.

Other changes worth talking about too.

Not surprised about Hawkman, and I’m wondering what they’re going to do with titans/young justice. I’m just going to wait until the dust settles for dc and marvel, before I try collecting comics again.

Quite surprised by Young Justice and Suicide Squad cancellation, to be honest.

Ultimate Member

How is a book bimonthly if you list one issue?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How is a book bimonthly if you list one issue?
    It means every other month, doesn't it? I think twice monthly is semi-monthly.

Mighty Member

With so much happing at dc,with the Firing staff ,Dan dido and the cancellations of comics.I wonder if everything thats going on at dc is related to covet 19.And that these are the end times for dc

So DC will cancel Hawkman and John Constantine: Hellblazer in the same month? Two of the Top 3, the other one, The Green Lantern will end in issue 12.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Quite surprised by Young Justice and Suicide Squad cancellation, to be honest.
    Yeah especially with the writers that are attached to this books.

Is any of Bendis Wonder Comics Book still going on or all they now all cancelled?

Cancelling Sucide Squad at issue #11 seems very odd, usually they keep books going for at least a year (12 issues).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yeah especially with the writers that are attached to this books.

Is any of Bendis Wonder Comics Book still going on or all they now all cancelled?

Cancelling Sucide Squad at issue #11 seems very odd, usually they keep books going for at least a year (12 issues).
    Most of his Wonder Comics stuff was billed as mini or maxi series right from the start. They were all great but they weren’t huge sellers at all, so it’s no surprise most of that stuff is ended.

Incredible Member

Joker/Harley Criminal Sanity is now an 8-issue series. It was 9.

Justice League Dark sounds like it could actually end; if not, the final issue could very well be December.

A few comics that have, during the Rebirth era, always had a variant cover, but for the first time in November won't, are:
    Aquaman
    Batman Beyond
    Hawkman
    Justice League Dark
    Suicide Squad
    Teen Titans

Maybe in some cases that's because the title is ending, but not all of them are. Maybe DC expects fewer orders for a title that's ending, and therefore not enough interest to print a variant.

There's a lack of clarity if Aquaman is final, but it seems to me from the solicit text that it is.

Red Hood continues as a solo title, dropping the "Outlaws" from the title.

Teen Titans has spun its wheels for a long time. Damian had gone so bad, how could he lead the group further? Lots of people expected this title was going to end soon, and wondered how it lasted this long.

Surprised DC would cut Suicide Squad so quickly. Everyone who read it, liked it, and was it the first in-continuity book Tom Taylor was doing for DC? He deserved a longer run with that book.

All these cuts were planned before the layoffs - is DC going to cut even more than this?

Cancels so far this half year:
    Supergirl
    Harley Quinn
    Batgirl
    Terrifics
    Batman and the Outsiders
    Justice League Odyssey
    Aquaman (probably)
    Hawkman
    Suicide Squad
    Teen Titans
    Young Justice
    John Constantine: Hellblazer
    Manhunter (before it was released)

Books naturally ended or ending:
    Jimmy Olsen
    Lois Lane
    Metal Men
    Batman's Grave
    Wonder Woman Dead Earth
    The Question/Vic Sage

Did I miss anything?

Incredible Member

So they are printing two issues of Tales of the Dark Multiverse, but are promising 5 altogether, so 3 more coming in December?

There were already a half dozen of these - they've even be collected to HC or TPB. Were they really that popular? I bought most of them and they weren't worth it, so I'm not planning to get more of these. If I have a strong urge to read about some other nightmare universe, I have literally 24 of the Death Metal books, one-shots and tie-ins to choose from.

Extraordinary Member

Seeing all of these Dark Nights one shots is making me stick to my decision to stop grabbing anything from the story other than the main book and Justice League (after the September one shots). I thought the September ones were just because there was no main book that month.

I will probably have to pick up that Punchline one shot though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Maybe in some cases that's because the title is ending, but not all of them are. Maybe DC expects fewer orders for a title that's ending, and therefore not enough interest to print a variant.

There's a lack of clarity if Aquaman is final, but it seems to me from the solicit text that it is.
    DC is pretty much always upfront about FINAL ISSUE. While I can see what people want to latch on to, the use of finale in the solicits is referring to wrapping up KSD's run, and is often used that way without meaning cancelation.

Wow, in the last 2 months DC has cancelled at least half the titles I collect.
    Will I replace these with Batbooks and spinoffs? Aw. Hellz. No.

I know people were predicting the implosion, but wow is this getting me out of the habit in a hurry. Especially surprised about Young Justice. Just wow.

BANNED

Very good stuff. Hope to see more Batman. Don't care much for teen heroes books getting axed. Hawkman is a bummer but they can just send him to the JL.

Looks like most titles will either end for good or get a relaunch. I'm surprised Red Hood seems to be an exception.