Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thoughts:

- With all these cancellations, I'd expect we're in for a line-wide relaunch, but with everything going on I don't think it's going to be as extensive a relaunch as I was expecting.

- Excited for John Ridley's book and happy it's being released.

- Not surprised to see Tynion bringing back Harper and her brother for a Punchline one-shot. Has Punchline happened yet? I'm not sure. Her normal self actually looked cuter though.

- "The mysterious vigilante known as Ghost-Maker has known Bruce since they were teenagers, and he’s made his decision. It’s time Gotham City had a new hero." Why do I feel like I've seen this before? I've seen someone compare this guy to Moon Knight, and I can kind of see it.

- Why would anyone want Punchline out of prison? I guess that spoils that she gets caught, too. I guess Clownhunter doesn't make exceptions for "reformed clowns," not that I blame him for going after Harley.

- "What If Hush were Batman?" I guess I can see the appeal.

- I guess Flashpoint still exists, although didn't Convergence confirm that? I forget.

- "Evil Super Pets." When you think you've seen everything...

- "Hawkgirl battles the Mindhunter for the soul of the man she loves: Martian Manhunter!" I guess we're still going with that relationship? Okay.

- Now Luthor has second thoughts? Of course...

- I hope Commissioner Montoya throws the book at Harley.

- I wonder if Zahn and Sera are meant to parallel Jor-El and Lara to some degree.

- "We found a monster" - Isn't that supposed to be Stanley and his monster?

- That is the perfect last cover for an Aquaman book .

- So...is The Batman's Grave #12 going to be the last comic Warren Ellis ever writes?

- Catwoman wearing a mask? How socially conscious of her.

- The Mirror is...kind of there, but wasn't expecting the Black Casebook to come back.

- Oh hey, the real Carol Ferris finally comes back .

- Hawkman trying to save his love from Hath-Set seems like a typical but fitting way to end a Hawkman book.

- Seems like yet another sad and reflective end for a Titans team.

- The new Young Justice feel like they're ending as soon as they began.

BANNED

American Vampire 1976 #2
    Action Comics #1027
    Superman #27
    The Batman's Grave #12 (last issue)
    Hawkman #29 (last issue)

Haha, I'm almost DC free now. Sad to see Hawkman go though. That was a great run from Venditti

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Also edit to an article that interviews Jim Lee suggests a return of Milestone next year or something
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...comics-1307413
    No NO No It's not Milestone's job to be DC's diversity-we did that dance in the 90s.

What is Dc doing with it's POC that they OWN. Rorschach doesn't look like it's about Reggie.

Given the state of the line-Black Lightning. I don't want to hear about tv shows and movies don't do CRAP. Not when we have seen folks get books based on tv shows and no one threw a fit. Deathstroke say HI.

I can list a ton of book with white folks as lead and NOBODY got made. Kudos were given for letting the likes of Sugar & Spice, Adam Strange and others. The MERE suggestion of a POC-50+ youtube videos screaming woke go broke, we need to boycott, it's doomsday and folks need to be threatened.

Black Lightning & Vixen held tv shows. Not Sugar & Spice.
    Cassandra Cain held a book for 6 years. Not Sugar & Spice.
    Steel did it for 5. Not Adam Strange.
    Cass and Aqualad have OGNs that are selling. NOT Martian Manhunter. Not Cap Atom.

Why is this an issue at THIS company? This constant push back. Why is it a problem HERE?
    You can't justify exclusion with Miles Morales and every other POC led mini, ongoing or one shot at other companies. Milestone equals exclusion.

What are you doing with WHO you own.

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Maybe they can send Carter and Shayera to the JSA comic they supposedly will launch. It would make things a little better.
    I hope they do this that will be awesome ! And i want a world 2 book !!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No NO No It's not Milestone's job to be DC's diversity-we did that dance in the 90s.

What is Dc doing with it's POC that they OWN. Rorschach doesn't look like it's about Reggie.

Given the state of the line-Black Lightning. I don't want to hear about tv shows and movies don't do CRAP. Not when we have seen folks get books based on tv shows and no one threw a fit. Deathstroke say HI.

I can list a ton of book with white folks as lead and NOBODY got made. Kudos were given for letting the likes of Sugar & Spice, Adam Strange and others. The MERE suggestion of a POC-50+ youtube videos screaming woke go broke, we need to boycott, it's doomsday and folks need to be threatened.

Black Lightning & Vixen held tv shows. Not Sugar & Spice.
    Cassandra Cain held a book for 6 years. Not Sugar & Spice.
    Steel did it for 5. Not Adam Strange.
    Cass and Aqualad have OGNs that are selling. NOT Martian Manhunter. Not Cap Atom.

Why is this an issue at THIS company? This constant push back. Why is it a problem HERE?
    You can't justify exclusion with Miles Morales and every other POC led mini, ongoing or one shot at other companies. Milestone equals exclusion.

What are you doing with WHO you own.
    You havent even looked at the solicits...

Lets be honest - they could have the ghosts of james baldwin and jean michel basquiat do a book and you'd still not buy it off the racks.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    You havent even looked at the solicits...

Lets be honest - they could have the ghosts of james baldwin and jean michel basquiat do a book and you'd still not buy it off the racks.

oh I didn't buy Naomi, Far Sector, Batwing, Doomed, Batman & Outsiders, Michael Cray, New Superman, Cyborg, Dial H, Batman & Signal, Shadow of the Bat & You bought me the Ocean.

They are not here with Excellence, Relay, Creature Features, Savage Dragon, Midnight Tiger, Black, Black AF, Check This, Backstaggers, Gasolina, Farmhands, Urban Legendz, Stealth, Abbot, Bitter Root, Bingo Love, Black mage, Black jack, Genius, Cash & Carrie, Noble, Dead Letters, Livewire, Shadowman, Quantum & Woody, Concrete Park, Curse, Crucified, The Mall, Mall, Dead Beats, The Deep, Divinity 1-3, EXO, Fence, Goldie Vance, Sex, Freeze, Resonant, Going to the Chapel, Illegal, Ignited, Kick Azz, Killers, The Man who Fuped Time, Strike, Sabre, Miles Away, Motor Crush, On the Stump, Planet of Nerds, Prodigy, Quincredible, Cellies, Rivers of London, Sci-fu, Skyward, Reyn, Quiet Kind, Shades of Magic, Seven Secrets, Power Rangers, No Mercy, Wrong Earth, Shaft, Number 13, Blackjack, Sabre, The Source, Stronghold, Vescell, Virgil, Watson & Holmes and Black History in its own words (a book with Baldwin & Basquiat in it).

So tell me what I DON'T buy again?

What Dc chose not to do-these companies did. Without tv shows or movies. With some of the same talent that DC squandered.

Now my POINT was when Milestone was around the first time-that was Dc's diversity.

From 1993-1997 Milestone's run.
    Only Black Lightning saw a solo that was ill fated was created during their run.
    Steel had his book. Already running.
    John Stewart lost his.
    Hotspot and the 96 Titans were introduced.
    Kyle had his book. Already running.
    Conner hawke had his. Already running.
    Amazing Man 2 was introduced.
    3 ongoings versus 7 ongoings 4 minis (257 Milestone books) (own all of them BTW)

John Ridley's books nor Far Sector can be the only stuff they put out when Milestone returns. There need to be more folks be it floppies or ogn. You have to develop your POC to stand on their OWN because Milestone can leave and what do you have? Ready to stand alone?

Because everyone else is doing it.

Incredible Member

oh I didn't buy Naomi, Far Sector, Batwing, Doomed, Batman & Outsiders, Michael Cray, New Superman, Cyborg, Dial H, Batman & Signal, Shadow of the Bat & You bought me the Ocean.

They are not here with Excellence, Relay, Creature Features, Savage Dragon, Midnight Tiger, Black, Black AF, Check This, Backstaggers, Gasolina, Farmhands, Urban Legendz, Stealth, Abbot, Bitter Root, Bingo Love, Black mage, Black jack, Genius, Cash & Carrie, Noble, Dead Letters, Livewire, Shadowman, Quantum & Woody, Concrete Park, Curse, Crucified, The Mall, Mall, Dead Beats, The Deep, Divinity 1-3, EXO, Fence, Goldie Vance, Sex, Freeze, Resonant, Going to the Chapel, Illegal, Ignited, Kick Azz, Killers, The Man who Fuped Time, Strike, Sabre, Miles Away, Motor Crush, On the Stump, Planet of Nerds, Prodigy, Quincredible, Cellies, Rivers of London, Sci-fu, Skyward, Reyn, Quiet Kind, Shades of Magic, Seven Secrets, Power Rangers, No Mercy, Wrong Earth, Shaft, Number 13, Blackjack, Sabre, The Source, Stronghold, Vescell, Virgil, Watson & Holmes and Black History in its own words (a book with Baldwin & Basquiat in it).

What Dc chose not to do-these companies did. Without tv shows or movies. With some of the same talent that DC squandered.

Now my POINT was when Milestone was around the first time-that was Dc's diversity.

Only Black Lightning saw a solo that was ill fated was created during their run.
    John Stewart lost his.
    3 ongoings versus 7 ongoings 4 minis (257 Milestone books) (own all of them BTW)

John Ridley's books nor Far Sector can be the only stuff they put out when Milestone returns. There need to be more folks be it floppies or ogn. You have to develop your POC to stand on their OWN because Milestone can leave and what do you have? Ready to stand alone?

I dont need to tell you what you dont buy because you already told us in wakeneurons thread you dont buy DC off the racks. So... wakeneurons thread you dont buy DC off the racks but now you do buy DC off the racks. Quite the mystery. Not the bins, the racks.

Youve just listed 11 books you said you bought off the racks.. thats what theyve tried to do and now they are trying this.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

John Stewart lost his.

There's something wrong when while skipping the list (because I got the intended effect) my eyes picked up one word out of the stack at a glance.

My God. Maybe misandrists are right about us blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- With all these cancellations, I'd expect we're in for a line-wide relaunch, but with everything going on I don't think it's going to be as extensive a relaunch as I was expecting.

- Excited for John Ridley's book and happy it's being released.

- Not surprised to see Tynion bringing back Harper and her brother for a Punchline one-shot. Has Punchline happened yet? I'm not sure. Her normal self actually looked cuter though.

- "The mysterious vigilante known as Ghost-Maker has known Bruce since they were teenagers, and he’s made his decision. It’s time Gotham City had a new hero." Why do I feel like I've seen this before? I've seen someone compare this guy to Moon Knight, and I can kind of see it.

- Why would anyone want Punchline out of prison? I guess that spoils that she gets caught, too. I guess Clownhunter doesn't make exceptions for "reformed clowns," not that I blame him for going after Harley.

- "What If Hush were Batman?" I guess I can see the appeal.

- I guess Flashpoint still exists, although didn't Convergence confirm that? I forget.

- "Evil Super Pets." When you think you've seen everything...

- "Hawkgirl battles the Mindhunter for the soul of the man she loves: Martian Manhunter!" I guess we're still going with that relationship? Okay.

- Now Luthor has second thoughts? Of course...

- I hope Commissioner Montoya throws the book at Harley.

- I wonder if Zahn and Sera are meant to parallel Jor-El and Lara to some degree.

- "We found a monster" - Isn't that supposed to be Stanley and his monster?

- That is the perfect last cover for an Aquaman book .

- So...is The Batman's Grave #12 going to be the last comic Warren Ellis ever writes?

- Catwoman wearing a mask? How socially conscious of her.

- The Mirror is...kind of there, but wasn't expecting the Black Casebook to come back.

- Oh hey, the real Carol Ferris finally comes back .

- Hawkman trying to save his love from Hath-Set seems like a typical but fitting way to end a Hawkman book.

- Seems like yet another sad and reflective end for a Titans team.

- The new Young Justice feel like they're ending as soon as they began.
    About ghost maker; moon knight wears a parachute as a cape, not as his pants.