Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    All-New Member

I'm all for this mini.
    It's always interesting to see what writers that normally don't do comics can do, and how different is their spin on the characters and stories.
    That said, I hope he doesn't turn into the new "main" batman. It has nothing to do with race, its just that for me Bruce is Batman and it's turning kind of repetitive the change of the batman mantle. They already done it with azrael, Dick and Gordon (those are the ones I remember at least). There are endless story arcs you can create without needing to change who is beneath the cowl

In one of BC's recent articles they referred to the mini as not in continuity, but as we know Jim Lee said that this mini will have a huge impact on the line, which implies continuity.

You should usually take what the source says 100% but DC's comics never live up to what they say so who knows now.

Well here we go, apparently it’s called The Next Batman and will be 4 issues long in January and February.

"In this future, Gotham City is controlled by the Magistrate. This villainous regime has taken control of the city, now under constant surveillance. All masked vigilantes have been outlawed and Batman has been killed. But led by an all-new Batman, a new assembly of Gotham’s guardians rise to give hope to all of those who lost it!"

https://www.cbr.com/batman-dc-future-state/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Nick Derington art of the new Batman

5264FD68-9D99-4078-A245-C31A5E2F4654.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Nick Derington art of the new Batman

5264FD68-9D99-4078-A245-C31A5E2F4654.jpg
    I wasn't expecting Luke to cover his face but I guess he's following proper health procedures .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't expecting Luke to cover his face but I guess he's following proper health procedures .
    I kinda expected they would go this route if they stuck to a more traditional Batman suit for him, otherwise they'd be wonder how Batman suddenly got such a glorious tan
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

His suit looks like the Rebirth Batsuit by Capullo.

Astonishing Member

I see they're going for a more hard-traditional look of the presumably Luke Fox Batman. Would have preferred more incorporation of Luke's Batwing style beyond just a full cowl that imitates his helmeted appearance.

But oh well, I suppose. Just hope this turns out well, even if it'll be criminally short lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well here we go, apparently it’s called The Next Batman and will be 4 issues long in January and February.

"In this future, Gotham City is controlled by the Magistrate. This villainous regime has taken control of the city, now under constant surveillance. All masked vigilantes have been outlawed and Batman has been killed. But led by an all-new Batman, a new assembly of Gotham’s guardians rise to give hope to all of those who lost it!"

https://www.cbr.com/batman-dc-future-state/
    I sincerely wonder who this "new assembly of Gotham's guardians" are? Hope there's room for Duke, and ideally Harper, too.

Astonishing Member

I like his look in Justice League more. It has a more contemporary flair that feels more Luke, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I sincerely wonder who this "new assembly of Gotham's guardians" are? Hope there's room for Duke, and ideally Harper, too.
    Probably a collection of all the other Batfamily characters getting one-shots or appearing in said one-shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I like his look in Justice League more. It has a more contemporary flair that feels more Luke, in my opinion.
    It definitely seems more like a Luke costume or an evolution of the Batwing look as Batman and not the Rebirth costume with a facemask.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably a collection of all the other Batfamily characters getting one-shots or appearing in said one-shots.

It definitely seems more like a Luke costume or an evolution of the Batwing look as Batman and not the Rebirth costume with a facemask.

This is probably one of my favorite Batsuits, if John Ridley and the Bat-creative regime for his Batman can pull off a compelling story, I may have a new addition to my collection of personal favorite Bat books.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."