Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Just out of curiosity do you even like the character? I only ask because it’s a pretty odd complaint to make. Kinda like reading Deadpool and complaining it isn’t serious enough.
    To be fair, Logan jerkass attitude has been written better in other instances, in this case he is being kind of petty to Magneto and The Council for a comedic scene.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-15-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Then maybe Percy will close the Vampires and Pollen stories on this and issue 5 before the crossover.
    I think that Pale Girl will come back with another scheme, i'm not sure about the vampires, it might end there, but it also might be part of a future storyline, it wouldn't be a surprised if Krakoa clash with then.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that Pale Girl will come back with another scheme, i'm not sure about the vampires, it might end there, but it also might be part of a future storyline, it wouldn't be a surprised if Krakoa clash with then.
    They already put Omega Red as a spy on Krakoa and have been fighthing the Avengers at a distance so I can see a confrontation between them Krakoa and the Avengers in the near future.

The pale girl will definitely be back maybe she has a connection with Mikhail, Colossus and Illyana, I like the pale girl as a villain, she´s not overpowered and has an interesting background so far.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Just out of curiosity do you even like the character? I only ask because it’s a pretty odd complaint to make. Kinda like reading Deadpool and complaining it isn’t serious enough.
    Logan is usually not as childish as to piss on someone's helmet.

To be fair, Logan jerkass attitude has been written better in other instances, in this case he is being kind of petty to Magneto and The Council for a comedic scene.
    Maybe, but no jerkass attitude at all is even more unsettling, imho…

Anyway, someone has to be the “court jester“.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

This preview was hilarious and totally how Logan would've reacted to the council. Ala Peter Griffin, "Shut up Mags"

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Logan is usually not as childish as to piss on someone's helmet.
    Again, I don't think this is meant to be taken seriously just a joke that's been used in response to the QC's reaction, Just to annoy them more and make sure he's had the last word

Astonishing Member

I think that this is before the russian dolls thing, he doesn't know that yet. Also, no he didn't got his ass handed, he killed the soldiers, he saved Jeff and stopped the operation of the Pale Girl even if she did escape.
    Well the issue before the last #2 ,he straight up stabbed the cop, on the boat and took the pollen to the Russians under her control.They somehow just avoided that tale between issue 2 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well the issue before the last #2 ,he straight up stabbed the cop, on the boat and took the pollen to the Russians under her control.They somehow just avoided that tale between issue 2 and 3
    Logan stabbing Jeff was actually a psychic illusion by Quentin Quite as revealed in #3. Orchestrated by Logan who has decided he needs to plan ahead a bit more.

EDIT: Wolvie also took down the Russians when getting to the base along with help from the Marauders. Is it possible you may have missed issue 3??
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 08-15-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Logan stabbing Jeff was actually a psychic illusion by Quentin Quite as revealed in #3. Orchestrated by Logan who has decided he needs to plan ahead a bit more.

EDIT: Wolvie also took down the Russians when getting to the base along with help from the Marauders. Is it possible you may have missed issue 3??
    Good plan granted,but the helmet was of no help and ultimately she escaped, and I don't think the nesting dolls happened before issue #4. It would be strange to be out of sequence since X force and Wolverine basically harmoniously tell one story

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Good plan granted,but the helmet was of no help and ultimately she escaped, and I don't think the nesting dolls happened before issue #4. It would be strange to be out of sequence since X force and Wolverine basically harmoniously tell one story
    I think it does happen before this issue just because this is a completely different story. I imagine before the covid delays things would have made more sense as x-force was biweekly and wolverine was monthly so I think we'd be seeing things paced a bit better. However right now I reckon they're trying to just get X of Swords on track for its original release window, so everything is just being released when it can for certain titles! That's my theory anyway

Astonishing Member

Glio is right though he could ask Forge to make him a helmet, the boat they were on had psionic shielding but he somehow needs to steal a helmet when they have psionic shields already...I know the writers want to make him cool and all but there is no need to stir the hornets' nest like that, unless his plan is to sow discord in the QC that he doesn't trust then maybe but If not there is no payoff

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I think it does happen before this issue just because this is a completely different story. I imagine before the covid delays things would have made more sense as x-force was biweekly and wolverine was monthly so I think we'd be seeing things paced a bit better. However right now I reckon they're trying to just get X of Swords on track for its original release window, so everything is just being released when it can for certain titles! That's my theory anyway
    Then again just thinking about it, there could be some connection due to the helmet being given back in this issue. I guess we'll find out! Also was it stated in x-force that these Russians were taken from wolverine'a mission in wolverine #3?

This is amazing. Pure Logan. If you don’t know now you know.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

This gag to me doesn't feel like it helps Wolverine or Magneto. For me it doesn't ring true, or feel like something that Claremont or Hickman would put in for example. Plus to me it's just not a great gag. It's uh, I dunno, well Calvin and Hobbes involves peeing on stuff. Maybe Beavis and Butt-head. Doesn't fit here. I dunno, call me crazy, I don't think it's a great choice.

Not to say bathroom humor is off limits, it is just baffling a bit that this is what they went with. If you're going to write a way for Wolverine to get back at Magneto, this wouldn't make it to the second draft I feel.
    Last edited by SavageJudgeDredd; 08-15-2020 at 03:28 PM.