Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Greatest preview ever!

And yeah, I'd say that makes them even. Magneto rips the adamantium out of Wolverine's body. Wolverine takes Magneto's helmet after getting him drunk and uses it as a piss bucket.

Perfectly even.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Greatest preview ever!

And yeah, I'd say that makes them even. Magneto rips the adamantium out of Wolverine's body. Wolverine takes Magneto's helmet after getting him drunk and uses it as a piss bucket.

Perfectly even.
    Not even close But I loved the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Greatest preview ever!

Perfectly even.
    To be fair, Logan crippled him in Eve of Destruction, this was more for dismising his concerns about Omega Red in spite of what he said.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    No matter how much he may disagree with the island's self-appointed leadership, I doubt he'd just leave all those mutant kids at the mercy of almost every X-Men villain ever. While he likes to run off and play loner, he only tends to do that when he believes he's not needed. So I predict he'll bite his tongue and play ball for as long as necessary, ready to do what he does best should it ever come that far.
    The problem is that Logan here is not protesting about any of the things the Quiet Council has done, they didnīt even handed him that mission, they are just questioning his actions so he will still be following their orders just with a bad actitude. This makes him look like a child who protests with Dad in this case Charles, why he has to play nice. This just makes him look childish and a dick with an actitude of "I like to do to others what I donīt like them to do to me" compared to his general actitude before, when he did have a problem with authority, it at least had a reason to be and acted acording to the situation. It also makes him look hypocritical, given the fact he admitted in the past that when Magneto pullued the adamantium out of him he had been pressuring him too much, at the time Jean, Charles and him were attacking him mentally and physically and Magneto answered in kind so itīs not like Magneto attacked him out of the blue. This also forgets another time Wolverine took revenge on Magneto, but I also get Percy just wants to do a fun scene for his favourite character with an antagonist that hurted him in the past, thatīs fair so maybe I am expecting too much of this story:

About the Omega Red and mutant Children issue: I think that was out of character for Magneto given heīs usually quite protective of children but especially mutant children and made a point of personally rescuing them from danger. I think Percy wrote that scene to put tension between them and prepare the confrontation for this issue but itīs OC given both Magneto and Wolverine had shown in the past their protective actitude with children.

Exodus: I donīt think Exodus will give it too much thought to be honest, Exodus has his own problems with Magneto, in fact he tried to kill him when Magneto lost his powers after decimation and Magneto attacked Cargill after she attacked Xavier. Exodus looks up to him like a leader who COULD BE more great if he took more radical or different actions, the fact Magneto has tried to make nice with the X-men in the past and tried to follow the X-men has make him dissapointed on him so their relationship is way more distant to say the least so him having a closer relationship with Apocalypse on Excalibur makes more sense. In character I can see Exodus thinking that Wolverine was out of line but Magneto is more than strong enough to punish wolverine himself if it came to it if Magneto chooses to do nothing is because he has become weak. I personally would like for them to have a better relationship just with Exodus taking a more balanced view on things. Magneto is in that uncomfortable place where heīs never going to be good enough for the heros and has become way too soft or has betrayed his own beliefs in the eyes of other villains or antagonists.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-15-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fun preview. The wry smile on Logan's face makes it feel a bit more like a joke to me! No actual piss lol. I think it's fun and people are taking the whole interaction too seriously lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Fun preview. The wry smile on Logan's face makes it feel a bit more like a joke to me! No actual piss lol. I think it's fun and people are taking the whole interaction too seriously lol
    Yeah i was thinking the same for a while, i really doubt he actually pissed in the helmet, he just wanted some petty payback for issue 1.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well If I look for the funny side I can see:

Magneto thinking "My head hurts too much, I already knew he was a savage but I didnīt need graphic evidence of this" and telling Logan "Keep it, you get mind controlled every other week, you need it more than me" Excuse "goes to take a shower"

Apocalypse is like: Why did we had a meeting for this? Xavier should take better care of his domestic issues.

Exodus: This is beneath us, why are we wasting time with this again?.

Mystique and Sinister: LOL take that Magneto.

Charles Thinking)Not this again, Logan you already did this actitude thing with Scott, when will you mature at last?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-15-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Wolverine can really put a spin on things 'Took out the pollen lab' yeah right got his ass handed to him with the helmet on and got russian nesting dolls on Krakoa that stole the sword.I'm surprised no one on the council mentioned that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Wolverine can really put a spin on things 'Took out the pollen lab' yeah right got his ass handed to him with the helmet on and got russian nesting dolls on Krakoa that stole the sword.I'm surprised no one on the council mentioned that.
    I think that this is before the russian dolls thing, he doesn't know that yet. Also, no he didn't got his ass handed, he killed the soldiers, he saved Jeff and stopped the operation of the Pale Girl even if she did escape.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-15-2020 at 09:54 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

This issue will be about Omega Red and the Vampire nation maybe the russian dolls will be in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    LMAO just Logan bein Logan... best he's been written in a good long while and this IMO is the best book since the whole Krakoa business started.
    So true! This is the best he’s been written since the 80s possibly ever. While some have gotten it right in between none with the consistency of Percy. Just such a good Wolverine book. And the art duo is amazing to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This issue will be about Omega Red and the Vampire nation maybe the russian dolls will be in the next issue.
    Nah, still Vampires and Dracula!!! (dramatic music), issue 6 is when his solo conects with X-Swords so he probably deals with that there.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nah, still Vampires and Dracula!!! (dramatic music), issue 6 is when his solo conects with X-Swords so he probably deals with that there.
    Then maybe Percy will close the Vampires and Pollen stories on this and issue 5 before the crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I approve of Logan not taking any crap from the that silly council. Here's hoping he gets to take out the trash one day, starting with Sinister.
    Seriously. The one thing that has bothered me with the whole House of X era is how everyone just bought in 110% into all this without so much as a raised eyebrow. Glad Logan, who of any X-men should be questioning this, is finally starting to.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I support Logan when he does the "I've done what I had to do even if I broke the rules" when it is necessary to break the rules. If, for example, the Council does not let him do the mission or Magneto does not lend him the helmet, go ahead, break the rules, it is morally acceptable.

Here it was not necessary to break the rules at all, he has just been a dick for no motivation or reason other than being a dick.
    Just out of curiosity do you even like the character? I only ask because it’s a pretty odd complaint to make. Kinda like reading Deadpool and complaining it isn’t serious enough.