Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Logan is being unnecessarily confrontational when he could have simply asked Magneto if he could borrow the helmet. A jerk without any justification.
    It was but it made me laugth so...
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I only know that if I were the QC, the next of these macho demonstrations I would send him a month to pay a visit to Sabretooth.
    Clearly Logan gets a piece because he's Jean's side piece.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    logan, why did you have to play with Erik’s heart like that? He thought you actually wanted to be friends...

By the way, what happened to all of those Magneto helmets that were used to battle Cassandra Nova?
    He is resentfull man sadly.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Clearly Logan gets a piece because he's Jean's side piece.
    I'm curious if other members of the Council will give their opinion because I don't think Storm, Kurt, Emma or Jean approve of that kind of behavior.

Probably the only ones who seem okay are Mystique, Kate and Sinister, Mystique because she hates Magneto, Kate because she is now as chaotic as him and Sinister because he is Sinister.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Wolverine once captured a Nazi for Magneto to kill during Claremont´s run, miss those type of stories but I guess after fatal attractions and Wolverine cutting Magneto´s spine on eve of destruction and given wolverine´s penchant for bravado those days will never be back.

Still I wonder if Percy is doing this scene to explore Magneto´s and Wovlerine´s enmity or if that´s just a fun scene he thought on.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Wolverine once captured a Nazi for Magneto to kill during Claremont´s run, miss those type of stories but I guess after fatal attractions and Wolverine cutting Magneto´s spine on eve of destruction and given wolverine´s penchant for bravado those days will never be back.

Still I wonder if Percy is doing this scene to explore Magneto´s and Wovlerine´s enmity or if that´s just a fun scene he thought on.
    I'm pretty sure that Logan killing the Nazi at Magneto's request was in Uncanny X-Force by Remender.

As for this scene, i think that is just fun combined with showing Logan's anti-authority tendencies. Then again this run started with Logan and Erik getting into an argument for Omega Red.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I only know that if I were the QC, the next of these macho demonstrations I would send him a month to pay a visit to Sabretooth.
    They won’t. Because unlike Creed, Logan’s the best there is and they need him.

I'm curious if other members of the Council will give their opinion because I don't think Storm, Kurt, Emma or Jean approve of that kind of behavior.

Probably the only ones who seem okay are Mystique, Kate and Sinister, Mystique because she hates Magneto, Kate because she is now as chaotic as him and Sinister because he is Sinister.
    No way do Storm, Kurt or Jean ever side with Magneto over Logan. He could’ve crapped in the helmet and they’d maybe scold him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No way do Storm, Kurt or Jean ever side with Magneto over Logan. He could’ve crapped in the helmet and they’d maybe scold him for it.
    Storm and Jean admonished Scott at Hellions for attempting to impose his authority over that of Magneto and Sinister.

Storm, Jean, Kurt and Emma are not just friends and acquaintances of Logan, they are professionals, something he never learned to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Logan killing the Nazi at Magneto's request was in Uncanny X-Force by Remender.
    I am talking about Claremont´s classical run in the 80´s, there was a little scene of Logan turning a nazi over to Magneto during the time the X-men and him were uneasy allies. Remender´s story is way more recent.

As for this scene, i think that is just fun combined with showing Logan's anti-authority tendencies. Then again this run started with Logan and Erik getting into an argument for Omega Red.
    Yes I Know it´s meant as a funy scene, fueled by Logan´s resentment I just miss the times when there was a possibility for a deeper story between them, that´s all . But maybe that´s for the best when they do get along, they can be terrible enablers of their worse tendencies.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I can't wait to read the book.
    Love the adamantium reference.
    Anyway, why would I be upset that Logan is being logan?

Storm and Jean admonished Scott at Hellions for attempting to impose his authority over that of Magneto and Sinister.

Storm, Jean, Kurt and Emma are not just friends and acquaintances of Logan, they are professionals, something he never learned to be.
    Depends on your definition of “professional.” If you mean in the diplomatic sense, you’re correct. In the killing and espionage game, however, he is the consummate professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am talking about Claremont´s classical run in the 80´s, there was a little scene of Logan turning a nazi over to Magneto during the time the X-men and him were uneasy allies. Remender´s story is way more recent.

Yes I Know it´s meant as a funy scene, fueled by Logan´s resentment I just miss the times when there was a possibility for a deeper story between them, that´s all . But maybe that´s for the best when they do get along, they can be terrible enablers of their worse tendencies.
    Really? was that in Uncanny or New Mutants. I revently read CC run and the only interaction that i can think was around issue 201 when Logan was trying to rile him up to see how sincere was his promise to Xavier.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They do tend to rile each other up even back then but there was also a kind of understanding between them but´s it not neccesarily a good thing.

This is from God loves Man kills, it´s not the story I was talking about but I got the same feeling from this than for that other story. It´s something that was lost in traslation on modern comics. Like I can completely get they are not supposed to like each other but still they have some interesting similarities.

Now it looks like Wolverine actitude with authority is more bravado and played for fun scenes with ultimately empty moments of being a supposed rebel than a real thing the character is known for imo. Now I totally get that after fatal attractions and Eve of destruction they hurt each other so much they really should not be friends but I find very ironic the fact Magneto is written as more willing to get along and less resentful than Logan when he´s supposed to be the villain of the story.

There´s also this from Secret Wars:

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2020 at 03:19 PM.

I approve of Logan not taking any crap from the that silly council. Here's hoping he gets to take out the trash one day, starting with Sinister.