Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I approve of Logan not taking any crap from the that silly council. Here's hoping he gets to take out the trash one day, starting with Sinister.
    100% agree. That council is a joke and Logan should tell them to go f@$k themselves and also remind them that he doesn't take shit from anyone. Logan should be the type that works with others, not for others. And that means doing what he thinks is right and best, not what others think. The QC really are becoming just typical politicians, concerned more with optics and politics than doing what's right. Between this and Cyclops's recent dealings with the council regarding Alex, maybe he and Logan should get together and form a power base between the two of them. Serve as a counterweight to the council when they get drunk on power and act like their shit dosen't stink. More of this Logan please.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They do tend to rile each other up even back then but there was also a kind of understanding between them butīs it not neccesarily a good thing.

This is from God loves Man kills, itīs not the story I was talking about but I got the same feeling from this than for that other story. Itīs something that was lost in traslation on modern comics. Like I can completely get they are not supposed to like each other but still they have some interesting similarities.

Now it looks like Wolverine actitude with authority is more bravado and played for fun scenes with ultimately empty moments of being a supposed rebel than a real thing the character is known for imo. Now I totally get that after fatal attractions and Eve of destruction they hurt each other so much they really should not be friends but I find very ironic the fact Magneto is written as more willing to get along and less resentful than Logan when heīs supposed to be the villain of the story.

Thereīs also this from Secret Wars:

That last one was a pretty interesting exchange, and shockingly relevant today, given how anytime someone went or spoke out against unjustly wielded entrenched power and authority, they got demonized by those wielding that power and authority to more easily justify brutally repressing them. Sound familiar? The X-Men spent years fighting for a more peaceable way for mutants and humans to coexist, but because they were (also) defending mutants' right to exist at all, they were demonized and persecuted by human authorities, feared and hated by the human general public, and distrusted and kept at arm's length, if not flat-out abandoned, by even the rest of the superheroes that still identified/aligned primarily with human society. Now we have Krakoa.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That last one was a pretty interesting exchange, and shockingly relevant today, given how anytime someone went or spoke out against unjustly wielded entrenched power and authority, they got demonized by those wielding that power and authority to more easily justify brutally repressing them. Sound familiar? The X-Men spent years fighting for a more peaceable way for mutants and humans to coexist, but because they were (also) defending mutants' right to exist at all, they were demonized and persecuted by human authorities, feared and hated by the human general public, and distrusted and kept at arm's length, if not flat-out abandoned, by even the rest of the superheroes that still identified/aligned primarily with human society. Now we have Krakoa.
    Agreed itīs part of why I can see Krakoa as a consequence of this, especially after decimation and the inhuman war made it look like the X-men were virtually alone, on their own, even in the eyes of other superheros. We as fans understand this is also a matter of editorial but inside story given the X-men story on the MU it makes sense for them to decide to build something like Krakoa.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Here's an odd question: how much time has actually passed in the Marvel U? I know there's a sliding timescale and its super weird, but how many years has it been since mutants became public knowledge before getting to this point? Even just a ballpark guess

I believe the official answer is ten years, these days. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's comics for you.

for every five years that passes in our reality, one year passes in the Marvel universe.

Gotcha. Thanks. Its kind of insane how much has happened in such a little bit of time. I was going to say something about how quickly they gave up on coexistence in-universe, but on second thought its kind of silly to try to apply with the super wonky timescale in comics. Both for X-men and the rest of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    100% agree. That council is a joke and Logan should tell them to go f@$k themselves and also remind them that he doesn't take shit from anyone. Logan should be the type that works with others, not for others. And that means doing what he thinks is right and best, not what others think. The QC really are becoming just typical politicians, concerned more with optics and politics than doing what's right. Between this and Cyclops's recent dealings with the council regarding Alex, maybe he and Logan should get together and form a power base between the two of them. Serve as a counterweight to the council when they get drunk on power and act like their shit dosen't stink. More of this Logan please.
    I support Logan when he does the "I've done what I had to do even if I broke the rules" when it is necessary to break the rules. If, for example, the Council does not let him do the mission or Magneto does not lend him the helmet, go ahead, break the rules, it is morally acceptable.

Here it was not necessary to break the rules at all, he has just been a dick for no motivation or reason other than being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Storm and Jean admonished Scott at Hellions for attempting to impose his authority over that of Magneto and Sinister.
    You mean the time when Storm and Jean were so OOC they couldn't understand why Cyclops refused to give his brother to the clutches of his nemesis, the one who psychologically tortured him as a child, the one who always sought to make his existence a hell, the one who has an extremely unhealthy obsession with the Summers family

Astonishing Member

I'm curious if other members of the Council will give their opinion because I don't think Storm, Kurt, Emma or Jean approve of that kind of behavior.

Probably the only ones who seem okay are Mystique, Kate and Sinister, Mystique because she hates Magneto, Kate because she is now as chaotic as him and Sinister because he is Sinister.
    My view is Apocalypse enjoys a pissing contest coz he feels the Alpha on there and the rest are just barking ,and he's probably like they're all betas we all know who the Alpha is...

Following comic logic the most angry one would be Exodus not only because being a medieval warrior he probably believes in chain of command and seniority and all that ,but also because he has an almost maniacal reverence for Magneto.A mutant more powerful and older than Magneto worshipping him has always bewildered me.Hickman needs to rectify this .Though yes to stay on point Exodus would be furious.
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-15-2020 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    You mean the time when Storm and Jean were so OOC they couldn't understand why Cyclops refused to give his brother to the clutches of his nemesis, the one who psychologically tortured him as a child, the one who always sought to make his existence a hell, the one who has an extremely unhealthy obsession with the Summers family
    Yeah I erased that scene from my mind. If Hellions wasn’t so entertaining I would really spend more time questioning the logic of giving Mr. Sinister a team of vulnerable mutants.

I support Logan when he does the "I've done what I had to do even if I broke the rules" when it is necessary to break the rules. If, for example, the Council does not let him do the mission or Magneto does not lend him the helmet, go ahead, break the rules, it is morally acceptable.

Here it was not necessary to break the rules at all, he has just been a dick for no motivation or reason other than being a dick.
    The council chose to accept Mister Sinister, a Nazi and participant in the Holocaust, as one of their own. The fact Logan allows any of them to still draw breath shows incredible restraint on his part. As far as I'm concerned, short of a future plot twist revealing some kind of mind-control, the council members have crossed the line beyond any possible redemption.

The Quiet Council annoys me more and more
    They should really give us Great Captains meetings instead
    There, at least, Scott consulted Wolverine on whether he would not mind Gorgon being promoted to such a high position

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The council chose to accept Mister Sinister, a Nazi and participant in the Holocaust, as one of their own. The fact Logan allows any of them to still draw breath shows incredible restraint on his part. As far as I'm concerned, short of a future plot twist revealing some kind of mind-control, the council members have crossed the line beyond any possible redemption.
    If he disagrees with Krakoa, he is free to go.

If he disagrees with Krakoa, he is free to go.
    No matter how much he may disagree with the island's self-appointed leadership, I doubt he'd just leave all those mutant kids at the mercy of almost every X-Men villain ever. While he likes to run off and play loner, he only tends to do that when he believes he's not needed. So I predict he'll bite his tongue and play ball for as long as necessary, ready to do what he does best should it ever come that far.