Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Not in anything honestly. WB has a better movies/tv library and they own my favorite franchises (DC, Harry Potter, LOTR)

Honestly can we stop assuming the JL is going to be portrayed as villains here. Clearly we’re playing villains who try to take out the heroes. Can’t wait for a trailer next Saturday
    Exactly time two. We are playing as criminals and there will likely be some twists in the end

I hope we get a villain from each hero’s Rogues Gallery down the line. Someone like Metallo would be perfect for the Suicide Squad for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Well this went off topic quickly.

I wanted a DC villain game that was more Payday where you put together a team to pull a heist and different heroes would try and stop you. This, though, well I'll wait and see but that picture and subtitle already points to a product I don't think I want.

I don't understand the fascination with trying to kill people I know are good. I don't understand the appeal of wanting to kill characters I actually like. I'm probably not the target audience.
    Some of us just like to root for the villains (well the more understandable cool ones) lol I guess I’m a part of the target audience.

Honestly I just want to play as my pyrokinetic homeboy El Diablo! He better be playable! The JL doesn’t have any cool Latino characters like him or Bane (sorry Vibe)
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Because it’s harder to make a game about a dude who is invincible or can make anything with their mind or can run faster then light but having a game of scaled down characters who have to take them down is more intriguing and offers opportunities from a gameplay perspective
    I don't know, they made a fighting game about it pretty successfully and the only concession they had to make for logic was "well Batman takes Hourman's drugs and it's k."

Games get made about everything under the sun. Hell, I studied game design in University. I get it, but it's an excuse to blame the IP for being hard to adapt when there are equally outrageous concepts out there that are succeeding.

Some of us just like to root for the villains (well the more understandable cool ones) lol I guess I’m a part of the target audience.

Honestly I just want to play as my pyrokinetic homeboy El Diablo! He better be playable! The JL doesn’t have any cool Latino characters like him or Bane (sorry Vibe)
    Well, have fun rooting for selfish murderers trying to kill people who are essentially superpowerd first responders, dude.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-14-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't know, they made a fighting game about it pretty successfully and the only concession they had to make for logic was "well Batman takes Hourman's drugs and it's k."

Games get made about everything under the sun. Hell, I studied game design in University. I get it, but it's an excuse to blame the IP for being hard to adapt when there are equally outrageous concepts out there that are succeeding.

Well, have fun rooting for selfish murderers trying to kill people who are essentially superpowerd first responders, dude.
    Oh I definitely will have fun hunting down the Justice League! Love playing as the underdogs and it’s a diverse team too! So that’s bonus points for me! Funny how DC’s most diverse franchise is either the criminal one or the kids one lol. Oh well I definitely prefer the Titans and Squad to the League!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Worked out great for DC in the past, so no reason not to try again.
    It will definitely sell but can't say I'll expect much given the previous times JL/Squad have had crossovers or the average quality of Injustice comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It will definitely sell but can't say I'll expect much given the previous times JL/Squad have had crossovers or the average quality of Injustice comics.
    The great thing about comics is there's nobody is forced to buy them.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-14-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The great thing about comics is there's nobody is forced to buy them.
    See, that whole logic is flawed from the start.

No, I won't buy this game or the comics that are based on it...but I'm still pissed characters I like (in this case Wonder Woman) have to get dragged through the mud.
    Which raises a bigger question: why does Wonder Woman (or any of the Justice League) have to be in this game? Okay, fine...you want to make your sh**ty Suicide Squad game? Make it...why is Superman or Wonder Woman or the Justice League involved?

And, honestly, this isn't a problem limited to this one game. This is a problem with DC overall.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Squad is popular? I thought the movie's universally hated

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

No, I won't buy this game or the comics that are based on it...but I'm still pissed characters I like (in this case Wonder Woman) have to get dragged through the mud.
    Which raises a bigger question: why does Wonder Woman (or any of the Justice League) have to be in this game? Okay, fine...you want to make your sh**ty Suicide Squad game? Make it...why is Superman or Wonder Woman or the Justice League involved?

And, honestly, this isn't a problem limited to this one game. This is a problem with DC overall.
    Well you can be pissed all you want. You don’t own these characters and neither do I, but clearly there’s a huge audience for this kind of stuff otherwise it wouldn’t constantly get made. Injustice is incredibly popular and successful, both the games and the comics. Suicide Squad is incredibly popular, otherwise they wouldn't have multiple animated appearances, a successful movie franchise (they’re getting a sequel unlike Superman or the JL) and now a new game. The announcement of this game trended all over social media and general fans were excited about it.

Personally I think it’s going to be incredibly fun to hunt down the Justice League! Hunt down the gods and bring down to our level kind of game. Can’t wait to take out Superman for sure!

Edit: You can continue to complain all you want, but people like me are going to speak with our money and continue supporting this, Injustice and stuff like that.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 08-15-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It's just about the only thing one can do. They're not gonna stop making a game or comic because someone on the internet thinks Harley Quinn is overexposed. Vote with your wallet.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Squad is popular? I thought the movie's universally hated
    I became a fan because of John Ostrander's run, Simone's Secret Six picking up some of the characters and the really short Ales Kot run. A team of villains... what's not to love? Not a fan of the Ayer movie, Harley Quinn or Suicide vs Justice League, though.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Personally I think it’s going to be incredibly fun to hunt down the Justice League! Hunt down the gods and bring down to our level kind of game. Can’t wait to take out Superman for sure!
    This right here is why superman is continually going down the drain as an ip. The continual insistance that the character is some uberpowerful all good god and royalty . Yet, in reality and in writing he is just a jobber with a huge disgusting dad complex taken to messianic proportions with zero competence and idiotic naivety routine that's just annoying now, not attractive . I hope superman actually has a true rebirth someday as the strongman vigilante from space and starts bullying back his bullies aka the so called fake "underdogs". I need more humbling one punch man moments.

Fighting for the weak is fun and all. But, when you yourself is getting bullied. Then it's time to change gear. But, nope! he has to be farmboy steroetype who can't tie his own shoelaces without batman, act like some messianic goody twoshoes guardian everybody likes to kick around and nobody actually cares for. So much so, superman even taking a fighting stance, making tough choices or actually putting in blood,sweat and tears is seen as controversial by his own fans let alone others.Cardboard speeches and messiah complexes not fun to read.is it?

The thing about being powerful is, nobody asks you whether you are ok.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-15-2020 at 03:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This right here is why superman is continually going down the drain as an ip. The continual insistance that the character is some uberpowerful all good god and royalty . Yet, in reality and in writing he is just a jobber with a huge disgusting dad complex taken to messianic proportions with zero competence and idiotic naivety routine that's just annoying now, not attractive . I hope superman actually has a true rebirth someday as the strongman vigilante from space and starts bullying back his bullies aka the so called fake "underdogs". I need more humbling one punch man moments.

Fighting for the weak is fun and all. But, when you yourself is getting bullied. Then it's time to change gear. But, nope! he has to be farmboy steroetype who can't tie his own shoelaces without batman, act like some messianic goody twoshoes guardian everybody likes to kick around and nobody actually cares for. So much so, superman even taking a fighting stance, making tough choices or actually putting in blood,sweat and tears is seen as controversial by his own fans let alone others.Cardboard speeches and messiah complexes not fun to read.is it?

The thing about being powerful is, nobody asks you whether you are ok.
    As you say, even Superman fans complaint when he acts too rude. So, it is difficult he will have a rebirth in that way.

Even between general audience, they've usually see him as the "Big good guy".

Many people who complaints about messiah Superman won't want a violent and hair trigger Superman either.

PS: Not that I will like the version of Superman you will like (he sounds just as a bully to me).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I became a fan because of John Ostrander's run, Simone's Secret Six picking up some of the characters and the really short Ales Kot run. A team of villains... what's not to love? Not a fan of the Ayer movie, Harley Quinn or Suicide vs Justice League, though.
    No, I know they're popular and good in comics, but games usually target a wider audience than just comic fans...but Harley, Deadshot, and Killer Croc are popular in the extended DC fandom individually, including gaming, now that I think about it