Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, I know they're popular and good in comics, but games usually target a wider audience than just comic fans...but Harley, Deadshot, and Killer Croc are popular in the extended DC fandom individually, including gaming, now that I think about it
    It would be nice if the game reflected that the Squad was originally born out of war movies, there were spies and political intrigue. Maybe less Arkham games more Call of Duty/Hitman.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Marvel takes games from their heroes and they are heroes. dc takes games out of their heroes and they are the enemy to kill, everything except batman (I think we are all very clear that batman is not going to be defeated), whether it's injustice or this nonsense, I hope the rumors that came out a few months ago are real, and marvel buy dc.
    The new Avengers game is being raked over by the games media, with many considering it to be the next Anthem. Even if you disagree with the premise of this game, which I probably do, it's not really a great comparison.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It would be nice if the game reflected that the Squad was originally born out of war movies, there were spies and political intrigue. Maybe less Arkham games more Call of Duty/Hitman.
    I feel like it'll be more tactical and squad focused than the Arkham games were.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The new Avengers game is being raked over by the games media, with many considering it to be the next Anthem. Even if you disagree with the premise of this game, which I probably do, it's not really a great comparison.
    Avengers will have an interesting single campaign. Anthem can't claim that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    From what I've read and seen, people are comparing it to Anthem primarily because of the gameplay though. When you got so many characters of varying speeds, strengths and abilities it tends to lead to very generic game play, since levels have to be balanced around each character being able to traverse them. Flight in particular is problematic to balance in any game that isn't tailored specifically to it.

A SS game is conceptually better than a JL (or Avengers) game because most of the heroes have more grounded powers, though it still won't be as perfectly tailored as the Spiderman or Batman games.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it'll be more tactical and squad focused than the Arkham games were.
    Last game I bought & played was Arkham Origins (which I liked). Let's hope DC gets some good reviews and I'll waste time with a console again

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Which is such a shame considering the company that made it...

Marvel takes games from their heroes and they are heroes. dc takes games out of their heroes and they are the enemy to kill, everything except batman (I think we are all very clear that batman is not going to be defeated), whether it's injustice or this nonsense, I hope the rumors that came out a few months ago are real, and marvel buy dc.
    Despite your complaint, the DC video games and the comics they inspire are incredibly popular. So, they're doing something right.
    Also, this is a Suicide Squad game. They're villains. They're not going to be rescuing kittens from trees.

videogames: spiderman >>> dc
    Nah, dude.
    Honestly, take this back to the Marvel boards.

I understand Superman fans are wary given recent years haven't been kind to him, but there's a lot of rushing to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This right here is why superman is continually going down the drain as an ip. The continual insistance that the character is some uberpowerful all good god and royalty . Yet, in reality and in writing he is just a jobber with a huge disgusting dad complex taken to messianic proportions with zero competence and idiotic naivety routine that's just annoying now, not attractive . I hope superman actually has a true rebirth someday as the strongman vigilante from space and starts bullying back his bullies aka the so called fake "underdogs". I need more humbling one punch man moments.

Fighting for the weak is fun and all. But, when you yourself is getting bullied. Then it's time to change gear. But, nope! he has to be farmboy steroetype who can't tie his own shoelaces without batman, act like some messianic goody twoshoes guardian everybody likes to kick around and nobody actually cares for. So much so, superman even taking a fighting stance, making tough choices or actually putting in blood,sweat and tears is seen as controversial by his own fans let alone others.Cardboard speeches and messiah complexes not fun to read.is it?

The thing about being powerful is, nobody asks you whether you are ok.
    What in the world are you talking about?

A not so subtle criticism of people who didn't like Zack Snyder's Superman.

I hope DC starts flooding the market with games so maybe one will crop up that I like.

Suicide Squad would've been a great as an X-Com type game with the team infiltrating a base on Apokolips or something similar.
    'Kill the Justice League', though?
    Dunno if that's good marketing.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I hope DC starts flooding the market with games so maybe one will crop up that I like.

Suicide Squad would've been a great as an X-Com type game with the team infiltrating a base on Apokolips or something similar.
    'Kill the Justice League', though?
    Dunno if that's good marketing.
    It’s phenomenal marketing going by the reactions of my coworkers and roommates. They all seem excited. Twitter had mostly positive opinions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Squad is popular? I thought the movie's universally hated
    Don't about universal but yeah it got **** reviews, but it made some money so they'll keep making more of it.

The Michael Bay Transformers films of DC properties, I guess.