Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Stargirl just got renewed for a second season and the JSA will be in the Black Adam movie, so there's a reasonable chance a new title is attempted. Just like how I'm pretty sure there'll be a Green Lantern title and maybe Justice League Dark.
    I'd bet my own money there will be a Green Lantern title. The ending at 12 is only due to Morrison finishing his story.

BANNED

Season 3 hopefully.

As a huge JSA fan, I don’t see DC putting in time or energy into an ongoing title. Even with the success of Stargirl and their connection to the Black Adam film, it seems we are destined for teases.

More than likely we will be bludgeoned to death with the boring silver age heroes and Batman. Even though the JSA is far more interesting than any of the Justice League members.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    My speculation:

22 Titles still in print:

Justice League
    Justice Society (the only "new" launch)
    Young Justice or TT
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman/Superman or Trinity
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Legion of Super-Heroes
    Supergirl
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Legion of Super-Heroes
    Shazam
    Justice League Dark
    Harley Quinn
    Suicide Squad
    Catwoman
    Nightwing
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow would also be a new launch - Oliver hasn't had a book for a couple of years.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

What will become of Black Label? The current Hellblazer title was the only continuing series from DC on my "must buy every issue" list, and now it's cancelled. Without that and some of the Black Label mini-series, I shall be giving DC less money and attention than I have been. Sorry, but I'm just not a Bat-person, and that is apparently DC's core audience now.

BANNED

They said they would cut 20 percent, they wouldn't be going back up 20 percent.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't see the Bendis Legion surviving much longer. The only way a Legion book can rhrieve is is you pull in all the fandom, and the Bendis Legion is certainly not doing that.

Has there been any consistently successful Legion since the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't see the Bendis Legion surviving much longer. The only way a Legion book can rhrieve is is you pull in all the fandom, and the Bendis Legion is certainly not doing that.
    I'm really hoping Legion will be Bendis' last DC book. His YJ was cancelled and he's quitting Superman. So...fingers crossed.

It was stupid of DC to hire him in the first place. His best work is waaaaay behind him.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I don’t see how Legion, Shazam, JSA can get the audience they need (sorry)

9 batbooks
    5 superbooks
    2 Justice League books
    2 GL cosmic books
    WW
    Flash
    Teen Titans

And 2 open slots to run 4 issue minis every month. So we end up with 24 stories for the year, ... these will be used to tell stories that writers bring to editorial, including new heroes.

Scattered among the bat and Sups books will be all the characters from those franchise, I am not saying Batman in all 9 books.

It’s nice to get a schedule down, and artist can finish the book and everyone will know what’s coming, for example, each week in November we get a Martian Manhunter book, each week in December we get a Shazam Christmas tale, etc.
    Shazam and Legion were both in the top 12 of ongoings DC published in February. Much better than Teen Titans.
    Their numbers might not sustain ongoings for 2 more years if sales keep falling, but DC would be dumb to cancel books that are doing well currently.
    The JSA's eventual return to an ongoing has some buzz around it, so I think it could do well if given a good creative team. Heck, Earth-2 lasted for quite a while even when DC seemed intent on completely destroying any potential that book might have had. A proper JSA book would probably do a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Green Arrow would also be a new launch - Oliver hasn't had a book for a couple of years.
    Oh, I forgot that book got canceled because Bendis said he had plans for GA LOL.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It certainly seems that way from the feedback on this forum. I've been out of the Legion game for so long I'm neither her nor their on it, though I did drop it 4 issues in. It would be interesting to see some reliable sales figures on it with COVID and all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not since 2018, I think. If Green Arrow gets a shot at another ongoing, I have a sneaking suspicion Bendis will do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    I'm really hoping Legion will be Bendis' last DC book. His YJ was cancelled and he's quitting Superman. So...fingers crossed.

It was stupid of DC to hire him in the first place. His best work is waaaaay behind him.
    He is quitting Superman? I wouldn't be surprised. I think he only signed on to do Superman under the assumption 5G was going to be a thing.

Bendis can still write good stuff "when he puts his mind to it". However, he should be kept to the type of books he does well - crime/street level. He has been phoning it in for almost 10 years now. I've never liked him on big, mainstream stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    The boring core 7 titles and then bloated Batman related titles. Yawn!
    This, pretty much.

Looks like JLDark is getting ready to end, too, with everything tying back to the opening arc.

I'm just waiting to see what comes out of the inevitable relaunches.

At least it looks like books are being given actual endings, unlike in 2011 where everything just kinda... stopped...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.