Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Do you think there will be a new TT Series?

Hello,
    I am sad that YJ was cancelled.
    I have to say that I DIDNT LIKE the actual Series, because of being to crowded, characters having made huge steps back from the End of Pre-Flashpoint, the whole direction of Wonder Comics etc. etc. etc.

TT wasnt so a big surprise for me, since it got a whole new team etc.

I am thinking that MAYBE there could be another "Graduation Day" or so, where YJ core 4 make a new TT Team and start a new Series.

TT is still a big name and I doubt that there will be no series afterwards.

There'll definitely still be at least one teen hero book that isn't Legion. Can't see it being more than a few months before one or both of Titans and Young Justice relaunch.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Definitely, the only question is whose on the roster.

Astonishing Member

Judging by the description of the last issue, I think they will just merge the adult and young Titans rosters, plus, perhaps, they will add someone from Young Justice and will bring Starfire back to the roster, given that Odyssey is closing, and the Justice League will essentially reunite the original NTT. And maybe they'll put Dick in charge, since Damian and Tim will be a part of Batman comics after the Joker War.
    I remember, that Ross teased something related to Titans.

Astonishing Member

ATT/WB is looking at the $$$. What sells? What's a success?

Teen Titans Go apparently appeals to a young audience.

I wouldn't be surprised if we a Titans book with Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, Beast Boy and a Robin. Maybe Bumblebee.

Speedy, Aqualad and Mas & Menos might appear too. Maybe not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    ATT/WB is looking at the $$$. What sells? What's a success?

Teen Titans Go apparently appeals to a young audience.

I wouldn't be surprised if we a Titans book with Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, Beast Boy and a Robin. Maybe Bumblebee.

Speedy, Aqualad and Mas & Menos might appear too. Maybe not.
    I think for a main universe Titans book, they're more likely to base it off the Titans live action show than TTG. TTG is primarily a comedy series while Titans is drama which is better for the comics to try for a shared audience with. TTG has it's own tie-in comics they produce an all-ages audience anyway.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

TTG is still going and Titans will continue so yeah, there will be at least one Titans series

BANNED

Digital only or the 80s team back together.

Extraordinary Member

With Titans it could make sense to concentrate more on OGNs than on floppies, I mean raven was a big hit while the floppy sales for Titans have not been that strong in the last years.

I imagine a young Justice (the tv series) situation, a book that stars some of the adult Titans leading squads of the younger heroes. Or in other words just mashing you what we currently have. If the adult titans aren’t off with the Justice League I could see it looking a bit like the following.

Dick Grayson, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Wonder girl(Cassie), Tim Drake, Spoiler, Conner Kent, Impulse, Teen Lantern, Jinny Hex, Red Arrow, Wallace West, Roundhouse, Crush, Blue Beetle, Aqualad(Kaldur), and Miss Martian.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Perhaps it's as well that it's ending as it didn't seem to be going anywhere under Bendis. Compare it with David's run where there was a method to his madness and even the zannier issues also worked and contributed something to the run instead of the meandering meaningless arcs of Bendis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I imagine a young Justice (the tv series) situation, a book that stars some of the adult Titans leading squads of the younger heroes. Or in other words just mashing you what we currently have. If the adult titans aren’t off with the Justice League I could see it looking a bit like the following.

Dick Grayson, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Wonder girl(Cassie), Tim Drake, Spoiler, Conner Kent, Impulse, Teen Lantern, Jinny Hex, Red Arrow, Wallace West, Roundhouse, Crush, Blue Beetle, Aqualad(Kaldur), and Miss Martian.
    I don't think that would work, since that would be way to many characters.

Even the TV Show can concentrate only on a few characters each season, and one season is easily the equivalent of 2 to 4 years of comics (maybe even more with todays decompressed story telling).

Despite people's opinion's on the quality of the books as of late, the Titans are one of DC's most marketable brands so I'm sure we'll see them in the comics again (assuming there are still comics to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    I am sad that YJ was cancelled.
    I have to say that I DIDNT LIKE the actual Series, because of being to crowded, characters having made huge steps back from the End of Pre-Flashpoint, the whole direction of Wonder Comics etc. etc. etc.

TT wasnt so a big surprise for me, since it got a whole new team etc.

I am thinking that MAYBE there could be another "Graduation Day" or so, where YJ core 4 make a new TT Team and start a new Series.

TT is still a big name and I doubt that there will be no series afterwards.
    Unlikely the higher ups will back a TT book with the YJ4 it's going to be the TTGO! cast, The TV cast or the movie cast.

The ones who have had outside success .

Not to mention that the YJ4 are selling books so I would be more worried that they would go back into limbo after yet another failure to launch
    Last edited by Fergus; 08-15-2020 at 09:19 AM.

I think they should relaunch Titans and Young Justice as digital series.
    Have the older Titans finally become a competent and independent team again as the flagship DCU book of the digital line. Their TV and streaming exposure makes them perfect for such a move. They just need to actually market the book to fans of the series and have a reasonable price point.
    Then relaunch Young Justice as the "teen" book. Make a more streamlined and focused version of the current YJ4 book, with a much faster pace to keep fan interest beyond the initial reunion (Bendis' biggest mistake).

Leave the "Teen Titans" brand to the kids OGNs and cartoons where it's currently thriving. TT should be about Dick's generation when they were young because that's the team that has brand recognition. Main DCU books should have Dick's gen as adults at this point and Damian's generation should get their own brand (or keep Supersons).

Most of all, stop mixing the Titans and Young Justice brands so much. They should get to be their own quickly recognizable teams, serving different niches.
    Ideally, the Titans should be the former team heroes who are now just as experienced and capable as their mentors and have found their own purpose away from the Justice League.
    Young Justice should be about younger heroes still finding themselves and developing their own identities. They'd still be aspiring to become full-fledged Leaguers one day, but their paths may lead them to new places.
    And then there's Damian. He already thinks he's got everything figured out and has no intention of doing things the same ways as his predecessors. In a way, he's already his own "Batman", so a continuation of Supersons as his go-to team (adding other legacies) or a whole new team would fit him.