Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lord have mercy. Who drew that?
    Robbie Rodriguez, in "Spider-Gwen"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Robbie Rodriguez, in "Spider-Gwen"
    Please tell me you added that eye-patch with photo-shop.
    "Cable was right!"

Man, i just had a good laugh looking at that eye-patch picture.

Is that eye-patch a symbiote?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Wanda and Pietro not being mutants anymore, done badly and only to appease a notorious sociopathic suit...
    Retcons are nothing new with Wanda; Bendis tried to erase Chthon and witchcraft from her lore.

Wanda only appears in comics at all because of MCU synergy, though. No one at Marvel comics wants to write her, and certainly no one at Marvel comics cares about Pietro.

In just 30 minutes of screen time, MCU Scarlet Witch has more character development than the entire last 20 years of comics, and the MCU has become the first to have Wanda written by women writers.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-19-2020 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Tweaky

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Please tell me you added that eye-patch with photo-shop.
    Here's more, several on the same page. Spider-Gwen vol. II #26, p. 21

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

The near erasure of classic Nick Fury, Infinity Gems to Infinity Stones, X-Men in plain black leather, organic webbing for Spidey during the JMS run, making comic Blade a copy of movie Blade (I love movie Blade, but it wasn't necessary), that's what I can think of right now. I'm sure I will hate what they do with the Eternals due to how different the movie seems.

The Eternals are basically the Inhumans with another name. Both comics and MCU already have the Inhumans. So yes, making some big changes seems justified.

Which changes is another issue, of course.

Extraordinary Member

I know Quake’s mom has subsequently become an Asian of Inhuman descent.

But do comics still have her original origin as a hooker who Mr Hyde got with?

Have they changed that part?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Retcons are nothing new with Wanda; Bendis tried to erase Chthon and witchcraft from her lore.

Wanda only appears in comics at all because of MCU synergy, though. No one at Marvel comics wants to write her, and certainly no one at Marvel comics cares about Pietro.

In just 30 minutes of screen time, MCU Scarlet Witch has more character development than the entire last 20 years of comics, and the MCU has become the first to have Wanda written by women writers.
    Why don't writers want to use them anymore? Because they gutted their characters when they changed them from mutants and took away their family ties. The Magneto family was probably the best family in marvel comics as far as story and drama. You just need to read more of the characters and not just the last decade where they have been **** on.

Niffleheim

100% Blade. Wesley in the movie looked cool but bringing that look in the comic and have it persist looks dated. Is he even British anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Why don't writers want to use them anymore? Because they gutted their characters when they changed them from mutants and took away their family ties. The Magneto family was probably the best family in marvel comics as far as story and drama. You just need to read more of the characters and not just the last decade where they have been **** on.
    The Magneto thing is important to one major story and the result of that story was Wanda being gone for like 6 years lol, the problem is definitely a single retcon that doesn't actually change much about their actual characters and not Marvel's fondness for handing Avengers books over to writers who aren't very fond of the Avengers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Scarlet Witch and Wasp were the female go-to stars of the Avengers. Thanks to Bendis and the movies, it's Captain Marvel and Black Widow era.

Quicksilver wasn't that popular with any of the X-Men and Avengers writers.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    100% Blade. Wesley in the movie looked cool but bringing that look in the comic and have it persist looks dated. Is he even British anymore?
    From what I read Tomb's Blade never had much of a personality. At least the movie gave him one. The look can be updated and I'm onboard for the next movie despite being not a fan of vampires

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

This is truth.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.