Default Question about Hickman’s X-Men

I just started his run. I’m only on the first issue of Powers of X.

I like this run so far but one thing that’s annoying me is all the pauses between art and story with TONS of text giving information and history about everything that’s happened. Does this continue throughout Hickman’s run?

Yes. Data pages are in all books.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post

I like this run so far but one thing that’s annoying me is all the pauses between art and story with TONS of text giving information and history about everything that’s happened. Does this continue throughout Hickman’s run?
    Hickman runs on the X-Men was meant to be like a new starting point for people who are not so familiar with the universe. Take for example me, I do know a lot about the X-Men but I don't know that much about them in the comics. So all those data pages are quite helpful because they cover everything which I didn't know or suspect. I am really happy with the Data pages but you can always skip them if you know that specific information or data.

That artistic choice is a common aspect of Hickman's work overall. Not just the "X" books.

Honestly? The "X" books are downright "Light..." on them compared to something like The Black Monday Murders.

But, yeah. It will be an ongoing aspect of the books if you stick with them.

Amazing Member

They are in all Dawn of X books, and I love them!!! It's free content. I typically read the comic first, and then go back and read the data pages after. I like that the whole line is doing it. Gives all the x-titles an added sense of cohesion, and sets it apart from the rest of the Marvel line.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post

Yep and they're awesome lore dumps. If you want you can skip over them and just come back a read them later. But they are essential readings imo