Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yeah, people seem to love that dynamic with Clark and Lois after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Jason isn't that much older than her, and his experience with women seems limited (judging by his interactions with them in the past). You're stretching it there. And comic books are basically 20-25 pages of clichés anyway, this is just one of the least offensive of them.
    experience is not only with women, is with life in general, but anyway he had more women than Kara had BF.
    Clark and Lois, lois is more experienced than him and she is not a superhero too.

when I say my shipping preferences, I get called out because the guy is badboy (even if he isn't). But this is ok?

screen cap this thread for future references ¬¬

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    experience is not only with women, is with life in general, but anyway he had more women than Kara had BF.
    Clark and Lois, lois is more experienced than him and she is not a superhero too.

when I say my shipping preferences, I get called out because the guy is badboy (even if he isn't). But this is ok?

screen cap this thread for future references ¬¬
    LOL. Kara had 0 BF, anyone is more experienced than her. Also, Kara's life on earth is like 1 year, she was barely a child when she left krypton, almost anyone is more experienced in life than her either.
    I'm not calling you out, I just think its a stretch to call it a cliche or substantiate reasons that doesn't make sense. Although I think its perfectly fine if anyone just said "I don't ship them tgt just cos".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    LOL. Kara had 0 BF, anyone is more experienced than her. Also, Kara's life on earth is like 1 year, she was barely a child when she left krypton, almost anyone is more experienced in life than her either.
    I'm not calling you out, I just think its a stretch to call it a cliche or substantiate reasons that doesn't make sense. Although I think its perfectly fine if anyone just said "I don't ship them tgt just cos".
    she kind of dated h'el. Find someone in her age with similar experience, she is what 15? go with it, instead of keeping the boring pattern of Supergirl falls in love with a bad guy.
    i'm tired of people on forums calling me out, when they do much worse than me, and then everything is big cliche.

Another bad boy? Can Bedard do something actually good for the character? Can his Supergirl be something other than angst?
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    . . . Now that the Red Lantern crap is over, I'll start picking this book up again.
    H'el, I dropped it when it sucked into Lobdell's Superman crossover and then came back just for Supergirl meeting Power Girl. But I'm really tempted to give Bedard's version a chance now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The Red Ring, much like Murderous Superboy, and Superman turning into Doomsday, was the result of a very bad editor for the Superman line.
    Nuff' said lol.

I'd give Supergirl a try if they gave her a proper costume.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Yeah, more gimmicks like forced love interests and tie-ins to Superman events isn't really what the character needs. It's what ruined her book in the first place. It was one of the better Superman books being published in the reboot but when they decided to force her into Lobdell's He'l story her book just fell apart and hasn't really recovered since. I think the Jason romance is going to work out pretty terribly. They really have no connection other than both characters are being edited in the Superman office since that is where Lobdell's characters are.

This book really needs a revamp like Ms Marvel or Batgirl. New costume and all. Something to get people interested again and to build her back up on her own. I mean reading the interview I don't get a sense of the new run other than she isn't as angsty. Though she wasn't that angsty early in her book either. Is it going to be more like a return to that? I just think forced crossovers and love interests don't really take the place of a strong direction or stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This book really needs a revamp like Ms Marvel or Batgirl. New costume and all. Something to get people interested again and to build her back up on her own. I mean reading the interview I don't get a sense of the new run other than she isn't as angsty. Though she wasn't that angsty early in her book either. Is it going to be more like a return to that? I just think forced crossovers and love interests don't really take the place of a strong direction or stories.
    I kinda agree with you. When I read the title of the article: "Supergirl gets fresh start in October" I instantly thought this was going to be an on par fresh start that Batgirl is also reciveing, however it's still Tony Bedard writing (and I think he's doing a good job since he took over the book, but like he says in the article, all the cross-over stuff can effect a book) & possibly the same art (which again I've no problem with).

Essentially this is the start of what Bedard said he wanted to do with Kara after she over-came her anger issues with the Red ring arc (which personally I think overall in the end didn't flow well & kinda felt rushed to me, especially then ending). So now we have Supergirl at the end of issue #33 stating:

"I feel like I just did the impossible. And if I can do that, maybe I can do something that seems even more out of reach - maybe I can make a life and a place for myself on planet Earth."

So, Kara is going to try to accept Earth now so that is where Bedard is picking up in October, after the August #34 Doomed tie-in & September Futures End #1. Perhaps she'll get a new costume to go with Bedards new direction for the character. Is it a missed opportunity to do a Batgirl-style shake up? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    . . . So, Kara is going to try to accept Earth now so that is where Bedard is picking up in October, after the August #34 Doomed tie-in & September Futures End #1. Perhaps she'll get a new costume to go with Bedards new direction for the character. Is it a missed opportunity to do a Batgirl-style shake up? Time will tell.
    Y'know, I had previously been so against a New 52 Batgirl and Supergirl team-up because it didn't feel like it would be right with those two versions. But it's sounding more and more that Supergirl is reaching a place where maybe the time will be right for Kara to make a new costumed friend on Earth.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'know, I had previously been so against a New 52 Batgirl and Supergirl team-up because it didn't feel like it would be right with those two versions. But it's sounding more and more that Supergirl is reaching a place where maybe the time will be right for Kara to make a new costumed friend on Earth.
    Actually I think a meet-up between the messed-up Kara and angry Barbara might have been interesting in its own right. But it would be good to see them meet in the context of Barbara's new home and retooled situation too, because Barbara could be a good mentor-like character for Kara, as she was before the reboot as Oracle. Let's not forget that there's a 5-year age gap between these women! Barbara is going to graduate school, and an academic path is clearly where Kara was going on Krypton, that's at least one connection between them beyond the cape I can think of instantly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, more gimmicks like forced love interests and tie-ins to Superman events isn't really what the character needs. It's what ruined her book in the first place. It was one of the better Superman books being published in the reboot but when they decided to force her into Lobdell's He'l story her book just fell apart and hasn't really recovered since. I think the Jason romance is going to work out pretty terribly. They really have no connection other than both characters are being edited in the Superman office since that is where Lobdell's characters are.

I have no problems with love interest if done right, but this badboy love interest fixation for Supergirl has to stop. I glad that the angsty is over, but I'm not sure i want to read the book again. It was interesting before the constant xovers, red ring.

it's time for a decent costume for supergirl
    Last edited by Blacksun; 08-16-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    it's time for a decent costume for supergirl
    Maybe she should keep the Red Lantern one, but lose the mask and put a proper "S" shield over the Red Lantern symbol?

And maybe drop the blood vomit thing . . .

Fantastic Member

She never vomited blood. Her plasma was orange/yellow, and that cover was changed to reflect that by the time it came out, i guess someone with half a brain cell at DC realised that showing the 16-year old protagonist of T-rated (not T+) book vomiting what looked like blood was a step too far. She also never used that ability in the Red Lanterns book and I don't recall her using it in her own book after #29 either.

On topic, that costume (which I've heard was desgined by Kenneth Rocafort but don't quote me on that) is better than her normal one in two significant ways, one of which is the lack of knee-holes in the boots but the more important one is the cut of the leotard itself. It's a single smooth line, without the odd right-angle at the crotch pad that a lot of artists give to the Lee costume, and it was usually drawn at a sensible height whereas some artists bring the edge way too high up on the normal one (Guillem March on the cover of #35 for example) - she's not supposed to be Carol Danvers' Ms. Marvel! The cape attachment is something I really like about the Lee costume but I do like the way it's attached to the RL one. This costume looked pretty good in Supergirl and Red Lanterns, I really like it.

Ultimately my two biggest issues with the Lee costume would be solved easily by just making it full-length, colour in the legs as blue and then no more leotard and no more knee holes. I don't see why they didn't do this to begin with.