Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    If you want it streamlined go with the following books.

The New 52 (in 20 books)

Batman: The Court of Owls
    Batman: The City of Owls
    Batman: Faces of Death
    Batman and Robin: Born to Kill
    Batman: Death of the Family
    Batman Incorporated: Demon Star
    Batman Incorporated: Gotham's Most Wanted
    Batman and Robin: Requiem for Damien
    Batman and Robin: The Hunt for Robin
    Batman and Robin: Robin Rises
    Batman Eternal Volume 1, 2 and 3 or the new omnibus
    Batman: Endgame
    Batman: Superheavy
    Batman: Bloom
    Batman and Robin Eternal Volume 1 & 2
    Batman: Epilogue
    Justice League: Darkside War (optional)

Rebirth

Batman: Rise of the Batmen
    Batman: The Victim Syndicate
    Batman: League of Shadows
    Batman: Dues Ex machina
    Batman: A Lonely Place of Living
    Batman: Fall of the Batmen
    Batman: Batmen Eternal
    Dark Knights Metal
    Scott Snyders Justice League
    Dark Knights: Death Metal

you can now start on Tynion's Batman and Tomasi's Detective comics.

I do not recommend any of Tom King's Batman, it is not good, if you really need something from it get I Am Gotham and City of Bane, everything inbetween is horrible. with charcters being written out of character (Booster gold in the gift story), robotic dialogue, characters suppsoed to be having a discussion but really they're talking to themselves because the other character is ignoring them and having their own discussion with themselves, stories jumping all over the place, dialogue simply not making sense. the complete waste of time that was the wedding. just an awful, awful run.
    I am not sure that Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal are must reads even if they are not bad.

Tom King's run is indeed not that great, but I still found his run better than Snyders. And it has some important stuff (even if it could have been written better) about the Bat/Cat relationship.
    But indeed you can read only "I am Batman", Batman Annual #2 and "City of Bane".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I am not sure that Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal are must reads even if they are not bad.

Tom King's run is indeed not that great, but I still found his run better than Snyders. And it has some important stuff (even if it could have been written better) about the Bat/Cat relationship.
    But indeed you can read only "I am Batman", Batman Annual #2 and "City of Bane".

True i suppose the Eternal Series are only needed if you want more of the bat family stuff which I always do, I dunno why DC always mandate he be solo, its much better imo when he's with the family.
    Snyder is a bit overrated (His all star batman sucked) but he has 4 awesome volumes imo in Court of Owls, City of Owls, Death of the Family and Endgame, where as I dont like a single one of Tom King's and at least Snyder's characters feel human where as King's are just robots to me with the way he writes their dialogue.

All-New Member

Thanks to everyone for that information!
    Last edited by Juniper2099; 08-19-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    White Knight has great art.
    The Story in the first book is interresting. The purrist would say that some similar topic have already been done about Batman, so there's nothing amazing. But it is much betterly done than all the other's I've read and to me one of the best Batman in the past 15 years.
    The Second book, I haven't read, but I heard the art is still as good, but the story is a little lower and a bit far fetched. But still a great read and much better than most of the Batstories from the past years.
    Thanks. I'll definitely give it a read sometime, I'm on my mission to finish the modern era main stories and up to date with Joker War, I'll have to fit it somewhere between these two lines.