Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who Is Your Favorite Marvel Character?

??????????

Nick Fury or The Punisher.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

The Unbeatable
    Squirrel Girl.

but isn't this a... Formerly-DC place?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Ultimate Member

First introduced as a potential Legionnaire by Dave Cockrum, turned down as 'too scary/demonic-looking' and taken away to Marvel with him, Nightcrawler!

But there's tons of DC characters I like a lot, too, so it's not like a competition. I do think it's funny that my favorite Marvel character was *almost* a DC character.

Also I change my mind about as fast as the wind changes direction. So tomorrow it will be Monica Rambeau, or Jamie Madrox, or Moondragon...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-15-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Daredevil!
    Most consistently written character in Marvel. Not to mention the great creative teams he’s had.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Captain America, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine.

I'll always read a Wolverine comic, no matter how bad they are....because man there are some bad ones lol

Carol freakin' Danvers.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    ...but isn't this a... Formerly-DC place?
    Seems Airwave wanted DC fan opinions on the question. He's got a similar DC question on the Marvel forums.

To answer the OP, I can't say I have a single favorite, although I've been pretty consistently partial to Captain America and The Submariner over the years. I also took a liking to Moon Knight and Vance (Justice) Astrovik (although I wish somebody had just given him his alternate-future-self's name change to Vance Astro). I'm a big fan of the early years of the original Ant-Man, and the same for the early years of Dr. Strange. Always loved Luke Cage as well, and big fan of The Daughters Of The Dragon.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 08-15-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Old Man Logan
    Hitmonkey! (never read him, just like the idea)
    Assassinate Putin!

When I was a kid, it was easily Wolverine, then Iron Man. Now, there are a lot of characters I like, but it kinda rotates depending on how any of them are currently being handled. I find that less so with DC, where my personal rankings feel more set, regardless of the current iteration.

Doctor Strange for me since my early 20s (in my early 50s now). As a young kid I was partial to Spider-Man until I was about 8, then Avengers became my favorite book and the Vision was my favorite Avenger. But then I got my first taste of the Englehart/Brunner and Ditko Dr. Strange stories. Black Panther is now a close second, and he was one of my favorite Avengers when I was younger as well.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 08-15-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

These days, Thor, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel. I like Spider-Gwen (or Ghost Spider or whatever) a lot too, though the only series I'm current reading is Thor's.

Back in the day I was a big fan of the X-Men but haven't enjoyed them since Morrison. I'll check out what Hickman's doing in trade, I hear good things. And I enjoyed the FF for a time but came to realize it was the villains more than the heroes that kept my attention. Doom!

I'm also a fan of Captain America but I usually don't find his comics to my taste, if that makes any sense. I enjoyed Waid and Samnee's short run, Brubaker is great, and there's some other exceptions but generally I like Cap in the movies or cartoons more than the comics.

Never liked Peter Parker but will happily read Miles or the aforementioned Gwen.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spider-Man or Wolverine.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Based upon polls on other websites, your two choices are at or near the top of favorite Marvel characters.

Wonder Man.
    Ever since issue #160 of the Avengers.