Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Superman

Tommy Managhan (The Hitman)
    Hawkman, John Constantine
    Lois Lane, Hal Jordan
    Kahlid Nassur

The Swamp Thing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Batman
    Swamp Thing
    John Constantine
    Hal Jordan
    John Stewart

Vixen (Mari/Marilyn Jiwe McCabe)

artgerm.jpg
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-16-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Spectacular Member

Boring choice I know, but I'm a tie between Batman and Superman. Two of the best characters in fiction and both were hugely important to me in my childhood, getting me through some dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Sadly I have Criminally and I do Mean Criminally have not been keeping up enought with DC Comics and hopefully one day I will to give better on who truly is my favorites.

However as of Right Now it is really a Tie between STARFIRE & RAVEN!

I’m in the same boat. I haven’t read any DC in a few years. When I did, I read Batman and Green Lantern.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member

Batman, Barman and Batman. Always been my #1.

The majority of the Bat family particularly Nightwing and Damian Wayne.

Tie: Mera & Diana <3

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Guy Gardener I guess. But I don't know about his more recent characterization.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Surprisingly enough, I like quite a few DC characters, even though I don't profess to be the biggest fan of DC Comics. Weird. In no particular order...

Martian Manhunter
    Starfire
    Dawnstar
    Captain Atom
    Green Lantern - specifically Jon Stewart, but I genuinely like the entire concept of the GLC and I wish Marvel had something on par with it
    Firestorm
    Captain Marvel/Shazam - mostly for the concept of a kid gaining the power and wisdom of gods by uttering one little word
    Jericho
    Deathstroke the Terminator

...and a few more, but I'll stop here.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    ...Green Lantern - specifically Jon Stewart, but I genuinely like the entire concept of the GLC and I wish Marvel had something on par with it...
    It's interesting that the GLC was specifically what the Novas were supposed to be. So was Starlord (with a bit of SHAZAM thrown in as well). In both cases, Marvel's Corps were destroyed relatively early, leaving Nova and Starlord as their sole remnants, although Nova's Corps eventually came back.

Wally West

I'm really torn between Green Lantern (Jordan), Hawkman (Hall) or Huntress (Bertinelli). all prior to rebirth/New 52. I know, that last one is nowhere near the others in prominence, but I really liked her relatively short stint. But this whole thing of having to identity which persona of a character, which realities of a character, are all a large part of why DC's greatest will never be as strong as Marvel's greatest.

1. Superman (pre Crisis on Infinite Earths version is my favorite, Golden Age Supes is great too)
    2. Barry Allen
    3. Bruce Wayne
    4. Dick Grayson
    5. Wally West

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Batman.. and everything that comes with him, especially the family

Followed by Barry Allen
    Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    A simple but difficult question:

My top five are

Batman
    Green Lantern (Hal)
    Flash (Barry)
    Swamp Thing
    Dr. Fate
    HUZZAAAAH
    I love seeing more people who think Barry is their favorite Flash.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It's interesting that the GLC was specifically what the Novas were supposed to be. So was Starlord (with a bit of SHAZAM thrown in as well). In both cases, Marvel's Corps were destroyed relatively early, leaving Nova and Starlord as their sole remnants, although Nova's Corps eventually came back.
    Interesting. For some reason I always thought the Nova Centurions were specifically soldiers in service to Xandar and not quite the same universe spanning organization comprised of various alien species like the Green Lantern Corps. That's likely why I can't quite see them as the equivalent of the GLC.

I suppose we can also mention Eon's quantum band wearing Protectors of the Universe as a subtle nod to the Green Lantern Corps as well. They lack the GLC's numbers, but they're probably the closest thing to it given what a person wearing Quantum Bands can do.

I realize Marvel has no interest in creating a GLC, but I'll always wish there was a parallel universe where the "Guardians of the Galaxy" was actually an army of Quantum Band wielding protectors. Then add in the Avengers, Monica Rambeau's Ultimates, the Champions, the New Warriors and all of the other Marvel teams that we love.