Default Achilles (Troy) vs. Ogami Itto (Lone Wolf)

Arena fight.

Achilles only has his sword, shield and armor. No spear.

Ogami only has his Katana.

Bonus: Achilles also gets his spear but the fight now takes place in either shallow water or long grass (yes this matters).

Double Bonus: Hector helps Achilles but Ogami gets his cart lol. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ogami Itto from the manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Ogami Itto from the manga?
    Yes sir. *limit*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Ogami Itto has cut through stone statues with his sword. I'm not sure giving Achilles his bronze armor and shield is going to change the outcome of this fight very much.

it's hard for me to imagine Achilles not getting completely destroyed here. and that's BEFORE we give Itto his baby-cart of full of deadly weapons.

the one where Achilles has the best chance of winning is the second scenario that takes place in shallow water or tall grass... and that's mostly because he's given a spear. his odds aren't great... but he at least has a shot at winning because of the spear.

I'm going to have to give it to the man who has murdered out heavy cavalry groups while on foot, yeah.

Achilles was untouchable except for the arrow thing.

Given his kill score and who he killed, that’s more impressive than samurai looks and Achilles did it seemingly effortless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Achilles was untouchable except for the arrow thing.

Given his kill score and who he killed, that’s more impressive than samurai looks and Achilles did it seemingly effortless.
    Hector actually managed to get in a hit on him that was only stayed from doing damage by his armor (given Itto's striking power, nowhere near similar problems). Otherwise Itto's kill score is frankly ludicrous and includes all kinds of impressive sorts.

I mean by the logic you're invoking, Achilles mostly killed a lot of featless mooks for his own part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Hector actually managed to get in a hit on him that was only stayed from doing damage by his armor (given Itto's striking power, nowhere near similar problems). Otherwise Itto's kill score is frankly ludicrous and includes all kinds of impressive sorts.

I mean by the logic you're invoking, Achilles mostly killed a lot of featless mooks for his own part.
    Hector was Troy's greatest hero. Even amongst their allies, he was the greatest. And yet, like so many others, he fell to Achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Hector was Troy's greatest hero. Even amongst their allies, he was the greatest. And yet, like so many others, he fell to Achilles.
    Hector is nowhere near Itto in capacity as far as what we actually see him do, and he still got a hit in on Achilles, is my point. Hector being Troy's greatest hero doesn't really matter for that.

I mean otherwise by that logic, Itto killed guys who had previously otherwise been the greatest to the point of being the Shogun's personal executioner and having their own solo series.

To put this another way, Itto's capacity is such that amongst other incidents, concealed archers shoot a pair of arrows at his back while he's walking away, his sword sheathed. While the arrows are in flight and again, streaking towards his back, he in a single motion turns, draws his sword and cuts them out of the air.

Live action Achilles is fighting outside his pay grade here.

Mighty Member

maybe if this was the live-action version of Ogami Itto it would be a bit closer... but the manga version of Itto clearly outclasses Achilles in basically every sort of combat feat.

a better match-up would be manga Itto versus the classic superhuman Achilles. and, even here, Itto is dangerous enough and smart enough to figure out Achilles' weakness while fighting him and have a legitimate shot at winning.

Ogami Itto has probably killed something on the order of 1000+ people. [it might even be closer to 3000, as I stopped reading the manga around volume 15... so I might be missing out on some of Itto's more insane feats. I've read writers reviewing the series joke that if Lone Wolf and Cub had actually happened that Itto may have single-handedly killed 40% of Japan's total population at that time... maybe I'm thinking of the old Kamui ninja comic too. but, still, the point is, Itto has killed a metric crap-ton of people.]

he's beaten people armed with spears, swords, knives, bow-and-arrow, and guns. he's defeated enemies mounted on horseback armed with yari and naginata! Itto even has feats for people attacking him while he is unarmed and he catches their sword with his bare hands and, takes it away from them, and then stabs them with their own weapon. he's probably done this a half-dozen times. he's cut through stone multiple times and has blatantly superhuman strength and stamina.

if the only person challenging him in this rumble is Achilles from the movie "Troy" then I'm pretty confident that Itto will win every time.

you could throw in Hector to make the fight last a couple of seconds longer. you could even throw in MCU Cap and Black Widow both fighting HTH only and Itto could probably still win more often than not.

Ogami Itto is such a formidable adversary that I think even 616 Cap with his shield would have a tough time beating him if Itto has all of his gear.

as Pendaran said... live-action Achilles is outclassed in this rumble.

Consensus:

Itto ends quickly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan