Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

There was a scene where Peter met one of MJ's model friends and she was seen thinking "He's not like MJ's usual guys". I always thought she was a serial dater before discovering Pete, and probably more experienced than him in terms of sex and romance. But of course, nothing concrete was ever stated, and who cares anyway?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty definitive that MJ was Peter's First Time.

I think a more interesting question would be if Peter was MJ's First.
    I hate saying this but Harry is a possibility, after all she was engaged to him and she was a Wild Child in those days. Why do I dread it? You could see sone future Spider-Man writer create a Sins Past type story ( especially if Harry turns out to be Kibdred)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I hate saying this but Harry is a possibility, after all she was engaged to him ...
    Huh? They were never engaged in the comics. The only person MJ was ever engaged to was Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If the characters had been first invented today, MJ may well have been written as having one or more one night stands in her past. Several decades ago, that would've been way less socially acceptable to depict a character doing (although some people have come to the conclusion via subtext or perceived subtext that MJ and Peter consummated their relationship after the first clone story and that Peter had an affair with Betty Brant in the old stuff). Course, everyone is unique and just because MJ was written as someone who liked to flirt and date people wouldn't automatically mean that she'd also be seeking casual sex either.
    If the characters were being invented today, Peter would still be 15.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Huh? They were never engaged in the comics. The only person MJ was ever engaged to was Peter.
    MJ dumped Harry due to drugs.

BANNED

MJ dumped Harry due to drugs.
    The point is they were in a relationship but they never got to engagement any time. Harry never popped the question. She never said yes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If the characters were being invented today, Peter would still be 15.
    As well as the original X-Men. They are around the same age as Peter Parker. A shame that Spidey was not part of The original X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    As well as the original X-Men. They are around the same age as Peter Parker. A shame that Spidey was not part of The original X-Men.
    I disagree 100%. The X-Men ( especially Cyclops) are boring with the notable exception of Wolverine. I even would prefer him in The Avengers then the X-Men. By the way I really hated that last X-Men movie. Was it as bad as Joker, Harley Quinn, Batman and Robin or Jonas Hex? Not quite but it made Howard The Duck look good ( ps. Lea Thompson in her prime is hotter then Sophie Turner). I like Spider-Man solo best of all.

Astonishing Member

Thank you for the correction. It had been years since I read the MJ issues with Harry. She was a real bitch to him that is for sure. “I’m nobody’s girl” etc got him on drugs ( not to mention her sister). It took until ASM 122 for her to become decent

The point is they were in a relationship but they never got to engagement any time. Harry never popped the question. She never said yes.
    Harry was a real dick in those days, very tiresome and immature. "My father this" and "my father that" like he was the only person in the world to have a difficult relationship with his folks. MJ had actual physical abuse in her past and was never whiney about it. Harry back then was a mess and needed some serious counseling. What MJ did in leaving him should have helped him realize he was a douche but no, he turned it into yet another Harry Pity Party.

Of all Peter's friends, I really think Flash was the first to really get his **** together. And that was because of the war.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-25-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Harry was a real dick in those days, very tiresome and immature. "My father this" and "my father that" like he was the only person in the world to have a difficult relationship with his folks. MJ had actual physical abuse in her past and was never whiney about it. Harry back then was a mess and needed some serious counseling. What MJ did in leaving him should have helped him realize he was a douche but no, he turned it into yet another Harry Pity Party.

Of all Peter's friends, I really think Flash was the first to really get his **** together. And that was because of the war.
    Harry's problem was that he was needy and clingy because his father never really gave him any sort of love, just neglect and verbal abuse and he was desperate to find someone that gave him that (i don't think that his wife being a nurse was a coincedence).

Also Harry was also phiscally abused by Norman (seriously Norman was a real piece of s#$% even before the retcons), he just repressed the memories until the finally came back in Matteis Spec. I don't think that MJ is to blame for what happened to him thougth, Harry just have different expectatives for the relationship, is not her fault that she didn't feel the same
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

I disagree 100%. The X-Men ( especially Cyclops) are boring with the notable exception of Wolverine. I even would prefer him in The Avengers then the X-Men. By the way I really hated that last X-Men movie. Was it as bad as Joker, Harley Quinn, Batman and Robin or Jonas Hex? Not quite but it made Howard The Duck look good ( ps. Lea Thompson in her prime is hotter then Sophie Turner). I like Spider-Man solo best of all.
    The original X-Men were relatable to Parker because they have many things in common: Outcast by society. Charles Xavier could had been Peter's mentor. The dynamic between The Beast and Parker would had been awesome as they would be brothers. Scott Summer and Jean Grey could be like a big brother and big sister to Peter Parker.

As for the superhero movies, I have not watched a single film since Michael Keaton's 1989 Batman film. That was the only superhero film that I had ever watched in the theaters. What would hold my interest is a Spider-Man film that has Mystique(in the form of Mary Jane initially before revealing herself) as Peter's antagonist in connection to Norman Osborn.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-25-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Harry's problem was that he was needy and clingy because his father never really gave him any sort of love, just neglect and verbal abuse and he was desperate to find someone that gave him that (i don't think that his wife being a nurse was a coincedence).

Also Harry was also phiscally abused by Norman (seriously Norman was a real piece of s#$% even before the retcons), he just repressed the memories until the finally came back in Matteis Spec. I don't think that MJ is to blame for what happened to him thougth, Harry just have different expectatives for the relationship, is not her fault that she didn't feel the same
    I am not defending Harry but MJ was not nice, think back to when she said to Gwen about Peter “You can have him.“ That was the prowler issue. We did not really understand why she was that way until “Parallel Lives” ( she had on a mask ( internal) to hide like Peter did to hide Spider-Man.

I am not defending Harry but MJ was not nice, think back to when she said to Gwen about Peter “You can have him.“ That was the prowler issue. We did not really understand why she was that way until “Parallel Lives” ( she had on a mask ( internal) to hide like Peter did to hide Spider-Man.
    MJ was definetly not as nice as she could have been back there, but i will never endorse the idea that she is in any way responsable for Harry's (very understadable) screw ups, hell people keep insisting to these days that she cause his drug addiction, wich is far from the true.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

I was unaware of the physical abuse. It kind of makes sense, though to me Norman hasn't really shown that side over the years so its inconsistent with his character. I mean, put him in a goblin mask with Spider-Man tied up and sure, he's abusive. But he has always had a genuine soft spot for Harry, or at least thats how I think if their relationship.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.