Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who was MJ’s first?
    Honestly, I think it was Peter. I don't think she would've ever let someone get that close in a relationship to where she'd get that intimate with them before she fell for Peter.

I guess she had the personality of someone who'd have a few one night stand's, but she was a little too young or awkward for me to see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, I think it was Peter. I don't think she would've ever let someone get that close in a relationship to where she'd get that intimate with them before she fell for Peter.

I guess she had the personality of someone who'd have a few one night stand's, but she was a little too young or awkward for me to see that happening.
    MJ was college age when she was with Peter. I would be very surprised if he was her first. She was pretty wild and partied a lot. I think she had some brief relationships that probably went that far, but she didn't let anyone touch her emotionally.

I always really liked the 90s cartoon's MJ centric Hydro-Man episode where they tied those two characters having been together in high school and he's a pretty scummy ex turned super-powered stalker, he took a jab or two at MJ's dad leaving her as well. In that continuity we at least saw what happened a previous time MJ let somebody get close before Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    MJ was college age when she was with Peter. I would be very surprised if he was her first. She was pretty wild and partied a lot. I think she had some brief relationships that probably went that far, but she didn't let anyone touch her emotionally.
    Emphasis on brief. I think she dated or flirted with a lot of people but I think it's conceivable that they were never serious enough to go that extent. If a guy probably pushed for it MJ would more likely brush them off than commit to it, I feel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I always really liked the 90s cartoon's MJ centric Hydro-Man episode where they tied those two characters having been together in high school and he's a pretty scummy ex turned super-powered stalker, he took a jab or two at MJ's dad leaving her as well. In that continuity we at least saw what happened a previous time MJ let somebody get close before Peter.
    Same, and it did explain even better why she would be so reluctant to let someone get close to her, not just with the bad examples she was already witnessing in her own family with her father abusing her mother and then her brother-in-law abusing her older sister whom he'd married.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who was MJ’s first?
    I think Harry was because Peter and him almost came to blows over it, at least on Harry's end (or almost came to blows).

....seven pages.. it hasn't been settled yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    When Lee wrote Spider-Man in the '60s, he was still part of industry self-censorship but he was also personally old fashioned himself and wouldn't have been comfortable exploring sexuality in an all-ages comic [...]

More important is the issue of space, if Peter and Gwen got it on, where did they do it? Gwen lived with her father. Peter stayed with Harry Osborn in his loft, and he hardly had much free time to use his bachelor pad...and likewise Harry was a pretty terrible roommate all things considered, so I wonder if Peter and Gwen would feel comfortable using his room.
    It's true that they wanted to keep the topic out of the comic page. The amount of trouble they would go to, in order to avoid people thinking that those characters were doing anything, outside the confines of marriage, is simply staggering. But are we to assume, that all that young and vigorous people, living in NY (mostly) during the Hippie years, went home alone between panels?

BTW, Peter did entertain female companionship in his pad:

... whoever that was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Canon issues aside, if you want to reconcile Blue with Sins Past, then just assume that Gwen and Peter had a non-intercourse sexual encounter. There's a world of possibilities beyond baby making intercourse.
    There's also protection, which is not just against STDs.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I think Harry was because Peter and him almost came to blows over it, at least on Harry's end (or almost came to blows).
    Was this confirmed?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Was this confirmed?
    I'm not sure but I think I read it and seen the scan posted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yep, it was Peter. MJ seemed like a fun girl on the surface, but as we have seen there were deeper hurts below the surface which would have prevented casual intimacy on her part. But that Peter guy, he's a catch and she would have realized that after they had gone together a bit. The comics (as published in the 1970s-1980s support this as well.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yep, it was Peter. MJ seemed like a fun girl on the surface, but as we have seen there were deeper hurts below the surface which would have prevented casual intimacy on her part. But that Peter guy, he's a catch and she would have realized that after they had gone together a bit. The comics (as published in the 1970s-1980s support this as well.
    huh guess I haven't given her that much respect I totally believe that Peter wasnt her first but Mj was his first
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    huh guess I haven't given her that much respect I totally believe that Peter wasnt her first but Mj was his first
    If the characters had been first invented today, MJ may well have been written as having one or more one night stands in her past. Several decades ago, that would've been way less socially acceptable to depict a character doing (although some people have come to the conclusion via subtext or perceived subtext that MJ and Peter consummated their relationship after the first clone story and that Peter had an affair with Betty Brant in the old stuff). Course, everyone is unique and just because MJ was written as someone who liked to flirt and date people wouldn't automatically mean that she'd also be seeking casual sex either.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If the characters had been first invented today, MJ may well have been written as having one or more one night stands in her past. Several decades ago, that would've been way less socially acceptable to depict a character doing (although some people have come to the conclusion via subtext or perceived subtext that MJ and Peter consummated their relationship after the first clone story and that Peter had an affair with Betty Brant in the old stuff). Course, everyone is unique and just because MJ was written as someone who liked to flirt and date people wouldn't automatically mean that she'd also be seeking casual sex either.

Unfortunately, a lot of people think that party girl means being a slut
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.