Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Was Mary Jane the first person Peter Parker had sex with?

So I'm watching comicpop and the guys bring up Peter's sex life and it got me curious. I haven't read a lot of Spider-Man but I would assume she would be the first.

If she wasn't I can't imagine who else would have been.

Fantastic Member

he was in college when he went out with Gwen, why wouldnt they have done it? we just never saw it.

There were scenes of Spider-Man and Black Cat in bed together in the early '80s.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    If she wasn't I can't imagine who else would have been.
    Black Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Black Cat?
    That was my first thought too.

Astonishing Member

During her separation with Ned Leeds, it was hinted that Betty Brant was the first person that Peter had sex with. If that's the case, Betty seemed to regret breaking up with Peter in the first place. This was around the time when MJ turned down his marriage proposal.

BANNED

It's Mary Jane and it was the end of ASM#149.

ASM#149 Epilogue.jpg

After MJ, it was Felicia Hardy definitely. And then MJ again.

A lot of people assumed Gwen, but there weren't many hints of it in the stories and titles and Sins' Past had Peter explicitly say that he and Gwen never got it on.

But any case, on page, the end of ASM#149 is the first time you had a major tell that Peter was a growing normal boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's Mary Jane and it was the end of ASM#149.

ASM#149 Epilogue.jpg

After MJ, it was Felicia Hardy definitely. And then MJ again.

A lot of people assumed Gwen, but there weren't many hints of it in the stories and titles and Sins' Past had Peter explicitly say that he and Gwen never got it on.

But any case, on page, the end of ASM#149 is the first time you had a major tell that Peter was a growing normal boy.
    Oh shoot I forgot about #149. Yes, you're right; they did do a little something.

Astonishing Member

I know Spider-man Blue shown that Peter and Gwen did the deed. I mean looks like it but then again Blue was a retelling of events of the Peter college days when Romita Sr just came on board

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I know Spider-man Blue shown that Peter and Gwen did the deed. I mean looks like it but then again Blue was a retelling of events of the Peter college days when Romita Sr just came on board
    Spider-Man Blue is also Peter retelling the events and it's very much a retrospective haze of nostalgia and fantasy (there are many continuity errors in that story about the original Lee-Romita run). That particular chiffon-light style is all meant to suggest a glow of the past. So to me it's fine if it's a mix of Peter's memories and fantasies about his past.

In either case, on-page and in-continuity, the first instance was ASM#149.

Yeah, it's pretty definitive that MJ was Peter's First Time.

I think a more interesting question would be if Peter was MJ's First.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that it matters or Peter cares anyway, and rightly so. But I'd say no.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty definitive that MJ was Peter's First Time.

I doubt that Peter was MJ's first.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    he was in college when he went out with Gwen, why wouldnt they have done it? we just never saw it.
    I think it's plausible that Peter and Gwen did have sex back then, from a modern perspective. I doubt Stan Lee clouded his head with this type of questions, but a present writer could definitely say it happened ... but there is also Sins Past, where canon gets shady. As far as I know this is the only story that confirms Peter and Gwen didn't have sex, but most people would like this story to be forgotten, and it could've been, but it was brought back again many years after OMD, in the Heroic Age IIRC, which means it's always there for a writer that could want to use it back. It was ignored in Clone Conspiracy, but that wasn't exactly a good story either, and it didn't explicitly negate it
    Last edited by Chubistian; 08-16-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH