Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I know that flies in the face of Sins Past, but what doesn't? If you want to make an argument for Gwen lapsing, its because her father had just recently died a horrific and meaningless death and she had just broken up with Peter. Emotionally compromised.
    Yeah, who doesn't have unprotected sex with a 50 years old creepy man (who's also the father of a friend of yours) because your dad (who was the same age) just died and you kind of broke up with the man you love? Absolutely logic. JMS approves.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Yeah, who doesn't have unprotected sex with a 50 years old creepy man (who's also the father of a friend of yours) because your dad (who was the same age) just died and you kind of broke up with the man you love? Absolutely logic. JMS approves.
    Gwen sleeping with Norman wasn't JMS's idea.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gwen sleeping with Norman wasn't JMS's idea.
    Could have said no. Instead he acted like a total dumbass by insulting the fans who didn't like that revolting story and calling them "sexist" and "misogynistic" because "a woman can have sex with another man while she's engaged". JMS is a douchebag.

Could have said no. Instead he acted like a total dumbass by insulting the fans who didn't like that revolting story and calling them "sexist" and "misogynistic" because "a woman can have sex with another man while she's engaged". JMS is a douchebag.
    You got proof of that or just blowing air?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    You got proof of that or just blowing air?
    Read all JMS interviews from 2004. I don't have the link now, but I would never claim something like this if I didn't read it. The story and its writer are not defendable, sorry.

Tons of women have father issues, don't pretend they don't. Sleeping with a dad surrogate is a thing. Creepy? Sure. Human? Yes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Tons of women have father issues, don't pretend they don't. Sleeping with a dad surrogate is a thing. Creepy? Sure. Human? Yes.
    Yeah, how about enough with trying to defend a terrible story that even Marvel wants to forget? According to this logic we could read a story in which Peter goes crazy and kicks an homeless man just because he's stressed and nervous. We could have Aunt May stealing money because she's broke. "It's human!". No, it's character assassination at its worst and Sins Past is even worse, completely trashing Gwen and Mary Jane just because Marvel and "genius writer" JMS didn't know how to create a good story. It's pure and simple cheap shock value and that story, along with One More Day should be erased from existence and people like Joe Quesada and JMS should be banned from writing a comic book forever.

Yeah, how about enough with trying to defend a terrible story that even Marvel wants to forget? According to this logic we could read a story in which Peter goes crazy and kicks an homeless man just because he's stressed and nervous. We could have Aunt May stealing money because she's broke. "It's human!". No, it's character assassination at its worst and Sins Past is even worse, completely trashing Gwen and Mary Jane just because Marvel and "genius writer" JMS didn't know how to create a good story. It's pure and simple cheap shock value and that story, along with One More Day should be erased from existence and people like Joe Quesada and JMS should be banned from writing a comic book forever.
    damn a couple of mistakes should get you cancel huh
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Reminds me of how much today's society sucks

Astonishing Member

Are we disagreeing with that?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Are we disagreeing with that?
    so you are saying yes?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

This is not the right topic, but if you consider Sins Past and One More Day "a couple of mistakes", then I'm afraid we've got a totally different view on the world. IMO JMS and especially Quesada should never again get near a Spider-Man comic book or a superhero comic book in general, because it's clear that they don't have a clue about these characters. So, yeah, if I was Marvel head I would erase those comics immediately and ban them from any job there.

Anyone know what is Quesada's role right now?

Spectacular Member

He took Feige's role as Creative Director in Marvel. It's quite a shame that he's still employed somewhere, I know.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

I'm reading this thread and laughing at the incel morons.