Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I say Mj but how many women has Peter been thru though?
    It's funny because as far as Peter's sex life goes, there are two phases, Pre-OMD and Post-OMD.

Pre-OMD
    -- Peter definitely slept with Mary Jane, then Felicia, and of course he married MJ.
    -- Gwen Stacy is ambiguous because there's reasons to go either way.
    -- There's also the episode with Betty Brant after he broke up with MJ which editorially, didn't lead to an affair because Peter officially cannot be party to adultery.

Post-OMD
    -- Peter slept with Felicia again as a "booty-call".
    -- Peter had a one night stand with that Michelle girl.
    -- Peter slept with Carlie Cooper.
    -- The Chinese scientist Lian Tang.
    -- Silk via pheromones.
    -- Mockingbird.

It's really weird how much more of a ladies' man Peter has been since OMD than he was before it. It's weird that Marvel editorial justified removing the marriage for reasons of "making Spider-Man relatable and single" and yet they make him even less so...and a serial dater in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's funny because as far as Peter's sex life goes, there are two phases, Pre-OMD and Post-OMD.

Pre-OMD
    -- Peter definitely slept with Mary Jane, then Felicia, and of course he married MJ.
    -- Gwen Stacy is ambiguous because there's reasons to go either way.
    -- There's also the episode with Betty Brant after he broke up with MJ which editorially, didn't lead to an affair because Peter officially cannot be party to adultery.

Post-OMD
    -- Peter slept with Felicia again as a "booty-call".
    -- Peter had a one night stand with that Michelle girl.
    -- Peter slept with Carlie Cooper.
    -- The Chinese scientist Lian Tang.
    -- Silk via pheromones.
    -- Mockingbird.

It's really weird how much more of a ladies' man Peter has been since OMD than he was before it. It's weird that Marvel editorial justified removing the marriage for reasons of "making Spider-Man relatable and single" and yet they make him even less so...and a serial dater in fact.
    -Wait he did actually sleep with Silk, i just remember then making out.

-Huh, so he did actually got that far with Bobbi, i stopped reading the book before that happened, i always guessed that it was over before they got that far.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Creepy rapey comment aside, it's pretty clear that they slept together.

Canon issues aside, if you want to reconcile Blue with Sins Past, then just assume that Gwen and Peter had a non-intercourse sexual encounter. There's a world of possibilities beyond baby making intercourse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

-Huh, so he did actually got that far with Bobbi, i stopped reading the book before that happened, i always guessed that it was over before they got that far.
    yeah he didnt go that far with Silk
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah he didnt go that far with Silk
    Yeah, that relationship is problematic enough as is without them sleeping together.

Debra Whitman is out there somewhere ringing her hands!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always saw it that way, and Black Cat was second. If they are saying Gwen Stacy I'm pretty sure that was added later.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I always saw it that way, and Black Cat was second. If they are saying Gwen Stacy I'm pretty sure that was added later.
    There was that time when Peter clearly was supposed to have had sex with Betty while she was separated from Ned, even though editorial said it didn't happen.
    Then he dated MJ for awhile - that may have been on and off around the same time he was with Betty, and it seems pretty likely that they were having sex. Then Black Cat.

I think so. Since in JMS run Peter said he never had sex with Gwen

From a story perspective, it adds a touch of sadness if Peter and Gwen never consummated their relationship. It adds adds to the layers that already exist...i.e. Gwen died without knowing Peter was Spider-Man, without gaining catharsis for her father's death, being unconscious at the moment of her death...so that meant that she died without knowing she was going to die, which is part of the reason why her death is so cruel in its staging. So it's sad on many levels.

When Lee wrote Spider-Man in the '60s, he was still part of industry self-censorship but he was also personally old fashioned himself and wouldn't have been comfortable exploring sexuality in an all-ages comic (it took Chris Claremont in the X-Men titles to really start dealing with that). So for instance Peter's relationship with Gwen is framed in a very stodgy old-fashioned way, i.e. Peter has to prove himself worthy of Gwen's affections to her father Captain George. The first kiss that Peter and Gwen had on page was ASM#59 and in the panel of their first kiss, George Stacy looks on and approves as a cheerleader. That doesn't make sense today of course, and obviously a modern writer if he figures that Peter's college era now happened in say the late 2000s-2010s because comic book time has come forward would assume that Peter and Gwen did get it on. Of course, they would also assume that Peter and Betty Brant got it on, and think that Betty was Peter's first.

More important is the issue of space, if Peter and Gwen got it on, where did they do it? Gwen lived with her father. Peter stayed with Harry Osborn in his loft, and he hardly had much free time to use his bachelor pad...and likewise Harry was a pretty terrible roommate all things considered, so I wonder if Peter and Gwen would feel comfortable using his room. It makes less sense with Betty, because while she had an apartment and a place to stay, Peter stayed at Forest Hills during the entire time in the L-D era. One of things about Conway's run is that it was the first time Peter finally got an apartment all to himself at a place down in Chelsea (at the time code for cheap rat-infested apartments...today gentrified as all-get-out). So that meant he had a place to bring girls home at last, which he did at the end of ASM#149 and later on with Felicia.
    Visitors could sleep on couches practically anywhere in the 1960’s. It was free love and folk music. Everyone slept around. Just because it’s comics doesn’t mean high schoolers didn’t find opportunity on a couch some nights, or at a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I think so. Since in JMS run Peter said he never had sex with Gwen
    I'm not taking JMS as a reliable source.

Fantastic Member

Per Peter's "First", I wouldn't put anything past that hussy, Cissy Ironwood.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Per Peter's "First", I wouldn't put anything past that hussy, Cissy Ironwood.
    Cissy is a Gwen Stacy clone (that Chris Claremont made)who was only exclusive to Marvel Team-Up. She never appeared in any other Spider-Man titles.

Betty Brant was Peter's first. She loved it. Betty now regrets breaking it off with Peter. She would take him back faster than Flash Thompson.

I really wish that Betty was still a love interest for Peter Parker. The BND era should have been about making Betty Peter's love interest again. Marry Ned Leeds was a huge mistake on her part.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-28-2020 at 09:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I really wish that Betty was still a love interest for Peter Parker. The BND era should have been about making Betty Peter's love interest again.
    You know Steve Ditko hated Betty Brant as a character and openly campaigned with Stan Lee to kill her off. She was never intended to be the girl for Peter.

Astonishing Member

You know Steve Ditko hated Betty Brant as a character and openly campaigned with Stan Lee to kill her off. She was never intended to be the girl for Peter.
    Liz Allan might have been an interesting love interest(for Parker) after Gwen's death.