Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Betty was good as an older more experienced woman to show young Peter the ropes. Sounds kinda creepy when I put it that way though!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Betty was good as an older more experienced woman to show young Peter the ropes. Sounds kinda creepy when I put it that way though!
    Betty wasn't really older than him in the Lee/Dikto days. She was a hightschool dropout . I'm pretty sure that she being older is a mlre 2000s thing (or that Spec episode really stuck in people's mind).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Liz Allan might have been an interesting love interest(for Parker) after Gwen's death.
    Liz Allan was written out of the books, making no appearances for nearly 100 issues between ASM#30 and sometime in Conway's run.

The closure of the see-saw crush between Peter and Liz happened in ASM#28 where Liz apologizes to Peter for being a jerk to him admits she had a crush but peer pressure got in the way of having her say what she felt and now both are burned out of that. They part as friends...which honestly is one of the most real moments in Lee-Ditko's run, and embodies the quiet humanism that really typifies and separates Spider-Man among Marvel titles. So it would make no sense for Liz Allan to be a love interest after that definite a stopping point.

I will say it's kind of funny how little the Peter/Betty Brant romance shows up in cartoons and movies, whereas we see Peter/Liz a lot lately. In the entire 616 era, Peter and Liz never dated, not even once. It's a non-romance.

Cissy is a Gwen Stacy clone (that Chris Claremont made)who was only exclusive to Marvel Team-Up. She never appeared in any other Spider-Man titles.

Betty Brant was Peter's first. She loved it. Betty now regrets breaking it off with Peter. She would take him back faster than Flash Thompson.

I really wish that Betty was still a love interest for Peter Parker. The BND era should have been about making Betty Peter's love interest again. Marry Ned Leeds was a huge mistake on her part.
    When was this?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I will say it's kind of funny how little the Peter/Betty Brant romance shows up in cartoons and movies
    Peter / Betty was prominent in the 1967 Spider-Man cartoon, as well as the 1981 solo Spider-Man cartoon.

Perhaps, it was that the 67' cartoon was often dismissed by many today as cheesy and archaic, as it often recycled scenes, and was often a comedy cartoon that had some action.

And, more people recall the 1981 Spidey cartoon as Amazing Friends, but I remember, part of my childhood when there was no 1994 Spidey cartoons in the VHS shelves, but there was episodes of the 1981 show available, such as the Black Cat episode, or the Lizard episode, or one of the Doctor Doom episodes. And I just as much remember the blueprint formula of the show as ending with Betty miffed at Peter's lateness on their dates, after capturing Black Cat, Lizard, Green Goblin, ect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Visitors could sleep on couches practically anywhere in the 1960’s. It was free love and folk music. Everyone slept around. Just because it’s comics doesn’t mean high schoolers didn’t find opportunity on a couch some nights, or at a party.
    Comics, up to the seventies, back when there was spinner racks in the drug stores, that had Superman, Spider-Man, and Richie Rich, saying "Hey Kids, Comics!", was largely made to be kids-friendly.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-30-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    When was this?
    Marv Wolfman's Spider-Man run, I believe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Liz Allan might have been an interesting love interest(for Parker) after Gwen's death.
    I think they very briefly had her have an interest in Peter, although it seemed to never be more than a one-way crush.

Of course, the MCU with it's somewhat different take on the supporting cast had them be much more of an item. Same with some of the alternate universes.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-03-2020 at 07:27 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    So I'm watching comicpop and the guys bring up Peter's sex life and it got me curious. I haven't read a lot of Spider-Man but I would assume she would be the first.
    Had to be, Felicia skipped town when he showed her face and we all know what Gwen did...god i made myself sick with that image!

So MJ had to be the one.

Everyone else he had something with was very brief.

Mighty Member

On a disturbing note, does the creepy older boy from the 1984 public service comic count? Is it canon? The guy acted inappropriately saying and showing him awful things. I hope that's as far as it went!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    On a disturbing note, does the creepy older boy from the 1984 public service comic count? Is it canon? The guy acted inappropriately saying and showing him awful things. I hope that's as far as it went!!
    Not one consider that story canon and frankly we should just ignore it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Not one consider that story canon and frankly we should just ignore it.
    Why should we ignore it?

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Why should we ignore it?
    Many reasons, is not a well written story and deals with a very heavy topic without the proper amount of care and overall doesn't add anything to Peter's characther, is just felt really out of place.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Who was MJ’s first?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who was MJ’s first?
    Why so curious?