Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't even think that should exist in Batman's rogues gallery. Not among the top tier villains anyway.

No way are Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Ivy, Freeze and Hugo fearfully intimidated by the Joker. They have common sense and know not to cross him if they don't have to, but him going after them would illicit wrath more than fear.
    Certain villains in the Batman's Rogue's gallery like Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, Joker, Scarecrow, etc that feel THEY are the number one and they wouldn't cross Joker anymore than Joker should cross them or they should cross each other.

I'm not saying they shouldn't cross each other at time, just that it's usually more trouble than it's worth and not something they should go out of their way to do except in special circumstances.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah this one drives me nuts too.

Especially the arch villains of the other big name heroes. Lex, Cheetah, Sinestro, etc. should know not to underestimate him, but should also not be remotely fearful of him
    I don't know about the others but afaik Lex is never scared of him, and I can't imagine Sinestro being scared of anyone

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    I hate the big chinned look, mainly from Tim Sale. Looks more goofy and dumb than scary to me, which is how I prefer Joker to look.
    I don't like Tim Sale's Joker either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    I hate the big chinned look, mainly from Tim Sale. Looks more goofy and dumb than scary to me, which is how I prefer Joker to look.
    The chin I don't mind. It's the teeth that bugs me XD

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I hate jokerized toxin. That thing ruined Joker as emotion manipulator villain. He swayed Harley with his words and charm, he taunted and manipulated many people, including Batman, with his words, messes with their logic and emotion, and he loves every minutes of it. Jokerized toxin is such a lazy way to manipulate someone that I think Joker will not want to use it because it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I hate Jockerized toxin. That thing ruined Joker as an emotion manipulator villain. He swayed Harley with his words and charm, he taunted and manipulated many people, including Batman, with his words, messes with their logic and emotion, and he loves every minute of it. Jokerized toxin is such a lazy way to manipulate someone that I think Joker will not want to use it because it's boring.
    You mean just the advanced brainwashing stuff right? Joker Fish and Smilex are fine right?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You mean just the advanced brainwashing stuff right? Joker Fish and Smilex are fine right?
    Both Smilex and Joker Fish kill the victim instead of warping their mind, so it's fine. I think. Honestly I don't care for Joker when he kills, his kill isn't make me interested to him, and for me it's like overused shock value. I like him when he played with his victim's emotion, for me it makes him scarier.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I hate jokerized toxin. That thing ruined Joker as emotion manipulator villain. He swayed Harley with his words and charm, he taunted and manipulated many people, including Batman, with his words, messes with their logic and emotion, and he loves every minutes of it. Jokerized toxin is such a lazy way to manipulate someone that I think Joker will not want to use it because it's boring.
    Especially used on fish and other animals which infuriates me and surprised it hasn't infuriated animal purist whether it's fantasy or not. DC tends to go to far with this and don't like how Joker would used it on fish WAY too much. And they shouldn't even have human features and teeth unless they're custom made by the Joker.

He's way overused and don't like how he always one-ups the other villains. Like none of them should ever measure up to him. Why the Hell not?

Joker being Batman or Batman being Joker should never have been utilized.

Why the Joker never has been put to death by the Gotham Justice System always puzzled me. Even if they did, DC would find a way to bring him back to life anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Stories about Joker being the scariest, bloodiest, of most violent thing out there really need to be given to the Scarecrow instead.
    I can get behind THIS one.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Mighty Member

1. I prefer the gangster/hitman origin established in Batman 89/BTAS over the "one bad day" take that the Killing Joke established. Crazy doesn't equal evil, and the idea that one bad day would make a whole 180 in morals and ethics is a poor one (Also, it gives SOME people the idea that lashing out at the world violently is justified, when in reality the fact is they were most likely never really a good person after all). The fact that Joker was a murderous jerk to begin with makes sense that his behavior would only escalate rather than become the opposite. One of the things I liked about TNBA was when Jack Ryder was dumped in the same chemicals Joker was, he was a lunatic, but he wasn't a criminal at all (to the point Batman figures out who he is because he pays for his items rather than stealing them).

2. Joker could enjoy Batman's presence for a bit, but after a while he would probably start to become annoyed with and even start hating Batman over time (games aren't as fun when you lose all of the time). The line in the DCAU's Return of the Joker kind of gives my preferred take on the relationship. Joker: Adios, Brucie! I guess I should salute you as a 'worthy adversary' and all that, but the truth is I really did hate your guts. *Raspberry*

3. Joker isn't concerned with proving that the world is crazy, he doesn't really seem to care about others personal ethos. While that take was popularized with the Nolan movies and the Killing Joke, I'm not fond of it. Joker drives the city into chaos because he thinks it's funny not because he's out to prove something.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 08-18-2020 at 03:50 PM.

What if he's a low ranking gangster member whose job is to entertain the others?
    Since I like the failed comedian part of the origin

I don't like The Joker as the mass murdering character. I think he should be trying to get laughs from others while he robs them. He shouldn't be torturing them. He wants his goons to find his jokes funny. If they don't, he sends them on their way. He doesn't kill them.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

I really think he should take a break from live-action media for a good long while (though I did enjoy the Joker movie a lot).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I can get behind THIS one.
    So you are gonna one up Scarecrow to the point of him always being like what the Joker is now?

Default Controversial joker opinions

Last edited by Güicho; 08-22-2020 at 11:09 AM.