Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My favorite “bad” non-MCU movie is the 2005 Fantastic Four movie tied with the 2007 sequel. The only reason I liked the sequel was because my best friends took me out to see it on my birthday so I got good memories tied to it, even if the movie itself was bad.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Same. Human Torch and Thing both have a charm that saves those movies for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Same. Human Torch and Thing both have a charm that saves those movies for me.
    I agree, Evans was really good as Johnny Storm, but I was really impressed with Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm. Honestly I think the movie wasn’t as bad as the ratings give it. It wasn’t great, but I don’t think it was terrible either. And a lot of it had to do with the cast. IMO
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    My favorite “bad” non-MCU movie is the 2005 Fantastic Four movie tied with the 2007 sequel. The only reason I liked the sequel was because my best friends took me out to see it on my birthday so I got good memories tied to it, even if the movie itself was bad.
    I agree to be honest. I've got good memories seeing both of those movies (and again, loved the soundtrack of the first). I think they only became better after fant4stic as Well!

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    One of the issues that hurt comic movies is not knowing when and how to use villains. Iron Man 3 like X-Men Apocalypse and Spiderman 3 are other examples. Mandarin could have been a okay concept if he was not the Mandarin.

Fans seem disappointed because they got played
    Absolutely understandable! I definitely agree with that for Spider-Man 3 where I thought Venom was an out of place villain for the Raimi trilogy!! I think that they had a hard job with Iron Man seeing as his rogues gallery is quite limited, and hey hopefully we'll get a comics accurate Manadarin in Shang Chi so all should be good on that front!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I agree to be honest. I've got good memories seeing both of those movies (and again, loved the soundtrack of the first). I think they only became better after fant4stic as Well!
    Yeah, if there was any good to come from Fant4stic, it’s that it was SO bad that the 2005 and 2007 ones are called the good ones. Lol
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Daredevil the theatrical cut gets why too much hate. Some imperfections I can admit. However, the Directors cut is amazing.

My answers would be:
    Punisher War Zone
    Ghost Rider Spirits of Vengeance
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'd did like the Ben Afleck Dare Devil & Jennifer Garner Elektra.

Punisher War Zone and Spider-Man 3.

I'm probably splitting hairs here, but I wouldn't even considered the first one "bad." Second one maybe ... but at least by the super hero standards of the time I thought the first one was at least average.

Either way, the first one was a lot of fun. Even with the bar raised I can still rewatch it.

Let's keep away from dumping on people's opinions in this thread please! The idea is that people won't have to feel the need to argue as to why they like these films. It's all for fun.
    In other words. This is just an unpopular opinion thread. Also...

Ehh I liked it! The twist was fun for me. I think the mandarin is a very difficult character to get right and I was never really attached to him anyway, so for me the twist really wasn't a factor for me. But I can understand why fans would be disappointed. I don't think that it's worse from an objective standpoint (if there is such a thing for film), I think it's a very fun and entertaining film!
    You're doing the exact same thing here that you're telling him not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    You're doing the exact same thing here that you're telling him not to do.
    I don't think so, I'm not telling him his thoughts on movies are wrong, I'm discussing, his original post seemed a bit more "this thing you like is not good and here's why..." . In my response to his, it wasn't argumentative, or negative, it was just a statement on how I felt about the movies he thought were bad, in a way that was not dismissive or demoralizing. At least I hope it came across that way. If It didn't, he can let me know, and I will apologise. Argument and discussion are not the same thing. And not all discussions are negative.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm probably splitting hairs here, but I wouldn't even considered the first one "bad." Second one maybe ... but at least by the super hero standards of the time I thought the first one was at least average.

Either way, the first one was a lot of fun. Even with the bar raised I can still rewatch it.
    I actually agree with you about the 2005 movie. I only consider it “bad” due to low scores from critics and review sites such as Rotten Tomatoes. I actually think it’s good.
    - George Washington

BANNED

I always liked the Punisher movie with Thomas Jane. And was surprised that it gets so much hate.

I actually agree with you about the 2005 movie. I only consider it “bad” due to low scores from critics and review sites such as Rotten Tomatoes. I actually think it’s good.
    I need to rewatch this movie it's been too long!
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 08-18-2020 at 06:07 AM.