Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What's your favourite "bad" Marvel movie?

Hey guys, apologies if this doesn't fit in the "Marvel Comics" forum, I just wanted it to be Marvel centric and get opinions from other comic fans!

I just want to know what people's favourite Marvel movies are outside of the MCU - preferably out of the movies that would be considered "bad" or low points. So maybe everything is possible apart from Spider-man 1 and 2 and a few of the X-Men ones!

I think my personal guilty pleasure is probably Daredevil from 2003. That early 2000s Nu metal soundtrack, Colin Farrell chewing scenery, and the leather suit lol.

There are no wrong answers so just let your opinion be known!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Hey guys, apologies if this doesn't fit in the "Marvel Comics" forum, I just wanted it to be Marvel centric and get opinions from other comic fans!

I just want to know what people's favourite Marvel movies are outside of the MCU - preferably out of the movies that would be considered "bad" or low points. So maybe everything is possible apart from Spider-man 1 and 2 and a few of the X-Men ones!

I think my personal guilty pleasure is probably Daredevil from 2003. That early 2000s Nu metal soundtrack, Colin Farrell chewing scenery, and the leather suit lol.

There are no wrong answers so just let your opinion be known!
    I'm with on Daredevil. For the reasons you have stated. Really dig the soundtrack. Me and my brother both have love for it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

PUNISHER WARZONE doesn’t get a lot of love, but it beat the pants off the 1989 and 2004 versions.

While it wasn’t perfect by any means, the violence was over the top gory fun, Ray Stevenson absolutely epitomized the character, w. a look and costume that came right out of the comics.

The movie didn’t spend about half it’s run time on an origin that had nothing to do w. the actual Frank Castle, but instead gave us an accurate origin in one scene (decorated Marine, family killed by criminals, he’s been doing the same to them as a vigilante for years now, boom), and it didn’t focus on the villain to the point of making the Punisher a secondary character in his own flick (looking at you, John Travolta).

Yeah, I really liked this movie.

Astonishing Member

Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Look at this masterpiece!

And most accurate live action Dr. Doom!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    The 2004 R-rated director's cut of Daredevil, which is 30 minutes longer than the 2003 version, would probably be my favorite.

I liked Spider-Man 3. Obviously flawed (lack of Spider sense, whole "you killed my father" drama), but it was the funniest movie of the trilogy.

I also didn't dislike ASM 2 and Apocalypse.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Daredevil, X-men 3 and ASM 2.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Daredevil got me into collecting more than Batman and made me interested in whole universes (Marvel and DC)

Warzone is brought down by his terrible villains (Jigsaw/LBJim) and Tom Jane is charming... unlike the Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    The 2004 R-rated director's cut of Daredevil, which is 30 minutes longer than the 2003 version, would probably be my favorite.
    Yeah, I thought the directors cut of the DD movie was actually pretty solid. Still nowhere near what I felt the character deserved, but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

Say what you will about this movie, you’re right.
    They nailed Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I thought the directors cut of the DD movie was actually pretty solid. Still nowhere near what I felt the character deserved, but it worked.
    I completely agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

Gotta love it haha

Certainly Ghost Rider. I remember watching it in the theater and thinking that it was a pretty decent film. It had the basic outline of Ghost Rider's origin and mythos and had some cool scenes, like the motorcycle on water. My only complaints were that it should have had more chain attacks. Nic Cage was committed in playing the role and could go Nic Cage crazy. But it didn't detract from the film or story.

I guess my tastes are simple. As long as there was a flaming motorcycle and skull, I was good to go.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

When Marvel films are bad or just poor, there are usually no saving aspects of the movie. Dark Phoenix, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, GOTG 2 or Thor 2 fits this description of bad with no saving aspects.

However I will say X-Men 3 is my favourite ''bad'' Marvel film because there were some saving aspects.

Kelsey Grammer as Beast

Ellen Page as Kitty Prdye.

And usually any Hugh Jackman and Ian Mckellen performance as Wolverine and Magneto is worth a watch.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-16-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Spectacular Member

I have 3.

I really enjoy the 2003 Daredevil movie, in spite of its fanfic level script and silly, edgy tone. I think the cast is solid, I enjoy the clear reverence it has for the source material, and I dig the fact that Daredevil moves just like he does in the comics, jumping and swinging around (the Netflix series loses this). It's a very enjoyable movie as a DD fan, even if it isn't great.

Spider-Man 3 is also very enjoyable. It has very fundamental story problems, makes Peter an jerk, and is easily the second worst Spider-Man film, but between the amazing action sequences and visual effects, the so bad its good nature of it, and the novelty of seeing some of my favorite Spider-Man stories adapted in live action, I think its a fun watch. Now that we have several good Spider-Man movies again, it doesn't have the same sting it once did.

X-Men: Apocalypse is also a guilty pleasure. The movie is bad, straight out, but I enjoy the casting choices and getting to see Cyclops and Nightcrawler get some focus in an X Men film and not be overshadowed by Wolverine was a nice change of pace from a franchise that doesn't know how to give anyone dimension outside of Logan, Charles, and Erik.