Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    I have 3.

I really enjoy the 2003 Daredevil movie, in spite of its fanfic level script and silly, edgy tone. I think the cast is solid, I enjoy the clear reverence it has for the source material, and I dig the fact that Daredevil moves just like he does in the comics, jumping and swinging around (the Netflix series loses this). It's a very enjoyable movie as a DD fan, even if it isn't great.

Spider-Man 3 is also very enjoyable. It has very fundamental story problems, makes Peter an jerk, and is easily the second worst Spider-Man film, but between the amazing action sequences and visual effects, the so bad its good nature of it, and the novelty of seeing some of my favorite Spider-Man stories adapted in live action, I think its a fun watch. Now that we have several good Spider-Man movies again, it doesn't have the same sting it once did.

X-Men: Apocalypse is also a guilty pleasure. The movie is bad, straight out, but I enjoy the casting choices and getting to see Cyclops and Nightcrawler get some focus in an X Men film and not be overshadowed by Wolverine was a nice change of pace from a franchise that doesn't know how to give anyone dimension outside of Logan, Charles, and Erik.
    Spiderman 3 is so mixed for me. The first two acts apart from the memory loss Harry survived were quite good. the last act with all the villains and anti hero Sandman, Venom and Goblin was just over the top. its sadly one of those films that makes you hate CGI use in films although age of ultron and gotg 2 are worse with this tactics since those movie had no strong good acts.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-16-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Spiderman 3 is so mixed for me. The first two acts apart from the memory loss Harry survived were quite good. the last act with all the villains and anti hero Sandman, Venom and Goblin was just over the top. its sadly one of those films that makes you hate CGI use in films although age of ultron and gotg 2 are worse with this tactics since those movie had no strong good acts.
    I did not like that Sandman was in this movie. He had zero real connective thread to Spider-Man, while Venom and HarryGoblin both had a personal beef with him, making it real, and Sandman feel sort of like a tagalong tourist, there for his big cameo and nothing else. Three villains was one villain too many, and he's the logical cut, since both Harry and What's-His-Name had actual story reasons to be there and mad at Spidey/Peter.

Plus he was a giant CGI mess, and I was already bored of the third act of a superhero movie being 'giant blurry poorly-lit CGI-fight!' (And it's only gotten worse, since then, dragging down otherwise good movies like Wonder Woman and Black Panther.)

Agreed on Daredevil. I liked the movie (really, Colin Ferrel's manic overacting was the only thing I didn't care for). I liked the Netflix series, too. But gosh, Jon Favreau was an awesome Foggy!

Probably an odd take, I also liked the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie. It was just delightfully absurd, at times, but kind of fun, and not quite as dark or gritty as it probably should have been.

Astonishing Member

Hulk (2003)

I love the first Nic Cage Ghostrider film. I thought it was campy and fun, and I actually unironically enjoy Cage lol.

Blade: Trinity is also a lot of fun.

I love X-Men Apocalypse. Extremely high stakes. Loved it. Just wish there were longer battles.

When Marvel films are bad or just poor, there are usually no saving aspects of the movie. Dark Phoenix, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, GOTG 2 or Thor 2 fits this description of bad with no saving aspects.
    Ooh interesting. I agree on Dark Phoenix and Thor 2, but the other three i can definitely find enough to like to not see them as bad! In my opinion they'd just be average or not as good as their respective previous movies! I seem to be in the comic book fan minority of actually enjoying Iron Man 3 Lol. If they are included in the "bad" marvel movies club, those three are definitely ones I enjoy!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I love X-Men Apocalypse. Extremely high stakes. Loved it. Just wish there were longer battles.
    For X-Men's standards X-Men Apocalypse is a bad movie. it is a movie that is misdirected. You don't make a movie about Apocalypse with one film and have first time teenage characters fight film.

Apocalypse design is also terrible because the director clearly did not have enough money for practical effects and hated to use full CGI.

Magneto story is annoying, repetitive and overplayed. Psylocke looked terrible. those that think comic book characters need to have accurate costumes. not all of it looks good in a movie.

The more colourful comic booky approach of the movie versus the last film DOFP did not suit the director's talents.

Apocalypse is like a drama toned version of age of ultron but both are terrible both as a drama marvel film and a comedy marvel film. the only saving thing about Apocalypse compared to age of ultron once again is the cast Hugh Jackman, Fassbender, and Mcavoy.

For X-Men's standards X-Men Apocalypse is a bad movie. it is a movie that is misdirected. You don't make a movie about Apocalypse with one film and have first time teenage characters fight film.

Apocalypse design is also terrible because the director clearly did not have enough money for practical effects and hated to use full CGI.

Magneto story is annoying, repetitive and overplayed. Psylocke looked terrible. those that think comic book characters need to have accurate costumes. not all of it looks good in a movie.

The more colourful comic booky approach of the movie versus the last film DOFP did not suit the director's talents.

Apocalypse is like a drama toned version of age of ultron but both are terrible both as a drama marvel film and a comedy marvel film. the only saving thing about Apocalypse compared to age of ultron once again is the cast Hugh Jackman, Fassbender, and Mcavoy.
    k, cool story

Spider-Man 3 barely has a script but it's a blast to watch.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Death of the Incredible Hulk
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Ooh interesting. I agree on Dark Phoenix and Thor 2, but the other three i can definitely find enough to like to not see them as bad! In my opinion they'd just be average or not as good as their respective previous movies! I seem to be in the comic book fan minority of actually enjoying Iron Man 3 Lol. If they are included in the "bad" marvel movies club, those three are definitely ones I enjoy!
    I am more likely to watch Iron Man 3 over Iron Man 2 but Iron Man's 3 twist is badly outrageous, the movie cannot be redeemed. the movie is worse from a fair critique aspect. Iron Man 3 is also one of those marvel films with high level disneysms, like the kid character that becomes tony's side kick.

I will pick Thor 2 over Dark Phoenix to watch. Dark Phoenix is the result of a bad writer and bad director. Thor 2 is more of lack of vision and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spider-Man 3 barely has a script but it's a blast to watch.
    Yeah, I'll give Spider-Man 3 that. It was a poorly put together cluster, but it was still fun to watch if you're willing to turn off your brain for a couple hours.

Let's keep away from dumping on people's opinions in this thread please! The idea is that people won't have to feel the need to argue as to why they like these films. It's all for fun.

I am more likely to watch Iron Man 3 over Iron Man 2 but Iron Man's 3 twist is badly outrageous, the movie cannot be redeemed. the movie is worse from a fair critique aspect. Iron Man 3 is also one of those marvel films with high level disneysms, like the kid character that becomes tony's side kick.

I will pick Thor 2 over Dark Phoenix to watch. Dark Phoenix is the result of a bad writer and bad director. Thor 2 is more of lack of vision and direction.
    Ehh I liked it! The twist was fun for me. I think the mandarin is a very difficult character to get right and I was never really attached to him anyway, so for me the twist really wasn't a factor for me. But I can understand why fans would be disappointed. I don't think that it's worse from an objective standpoint (if there is such a thing for film), I think it's a very fun and entertaining film!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Ehh I liked it! The twist was fun for me. I think the mandarin is a very difficult character to get right and I was never really attached to him anyway, so for me the twist really wasn't a factor for me. But I can understand why fans would be disappointed. I don't think that it's worse from an objective standpoint (if there is such a thing for film), I think it's a very fun and entertaining film!
    One of the issues that hurt comic movies is not knowing when and how to use villains. Iron Man 3 like X-Men Apocalypse and Spiderman 3 are other examples. Mandarin could have been a okay concept if he was not the Mandarin.

Fans seem disappointed because they got played at.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    k, cool story
    Same here, and I respect your cool opinion too though for me, It can be sad when the quality of a sequel drops from the last movie. I think xmen apocalypse is passable in the general place of the basic comic films.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-16-2020 at 03:11 PM.