Spectacular Member

Default How do you keep track of comics?

How do you keep track of the comics you have read, especially the single issues from ongoing comics?

Also, would you ever leave an ongoing comic if you're not enjoying it and then go back to it if it starts to get interesting again?

1. When I was doing print comics, read ones went into one box or stack, unread ones sat out until they were read (which usually wasn't long).
    With digital it's a bit different. If it's an older series with a long run, or if I'm reading multiple titles from a certain time, I'll often make a checklist and check each one off as they're read.

2. Yes. I've done it many times.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How many do you guys buy monthly that you need to keep track of it?
    Mine's done in a few minutes ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    Also, would you ever leave an ongoing comic if you're not enjoying it and then go back to it if it starts to get interesting again?
    Only if it relaunches because it kinda ruins the collection, though I can go back and catch up on a previously sucky run because what's done is done and it no longer hurt as much since it's been years

1. I read digitally on comixology, unless I’m picking up a trade, in which case it keeps the comics I have read organized by itself.

2. I’ve done that either because I heard from word of mouth that what I didn’t enjoy was setup for the cool stuff to come later or it was part of a crossover/event I was interested in reading.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

getting paid.jpg

You guys are keeping track?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    How do you keep track of the comics you have read, especially the single issues from ongoing comics?

I'm hooked on Collectorz.com
    I have my entire collection in there and constantly update it. I LOVE it.
    Yes, I've dropped plenty of books and come back later.
    Aquaman after Larsen's first couple of issues then picked up again with Jurgens' run. The again 3 issues into Sword of Atlantis and picked up again with the Geoff Johns reboot.
    I also dropped JLA with #93 and didn't pick it up again until #107.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    Amazing site!

When I discovered it I fell in love with it before this site I used to use a Google doc and manually fill in dates whenever the solicitations came out, so I had 3 months of scheduling. It was major pain if something was delayed because if I wasn't up on the news I wouldn't know what's happening.

Nowadays with DC changing it up to Tuesdays leagueofcomicgeeks has been even more useful

Oh man, leagueofomicgeeks.com is awesome! Just signed up. Ever since comicbookdb.com went away, I've been struggling to find another comic db that was even remotely as good. This look SOLID!