Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Retired

Something that always bugs me is first person narration. It needs to be set up right or else I'll spend enormous amounts of time worrying about it. It doesn't make sense if the character narrates stuff that he or she would have no way of knowing. Also, there was that one famous Superman story narrated by Batman where in his first person narration he's reacting to things as they happen. That should be a thought balloon. If it's first person narration, then Batman already experienced the story he's narrating--he shouldn't be re-acting in the moment. I'm still puzzling over that story--was it really just thoughts recorded on the page, even though it was lettered like diary entries; or did Batman have a voice recorder with him throughout the story so he could record his narration as it unfolded and then the tapes were transcribed later? I have the same problem with Captain's Log entries on Star Trek shows or the talking to the camera sessions in mockumentary style sitcoms.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    One thing that bugs the Hell out of me is the overused frame the hero bit. Spiderman has saved the city how many times, beaten untold villains. Captain America has saved the world, led the Avengers. yet someone robs a bank dressed like them it is an APB for them and a shoot on site order. Man that bugs me.

Wouldnt you think the public would give the man who fought Hitler, battled Gang and stopped the Red Skull dozens of time the benefit of the doubt. I mean do the police and public really think he is playing the long con so he can Rob First National for a few thousand bucks?
    While I get your point, that doesn't bug me. If the last 3 decades have taught me anything, it's that only horrible monsters seem to have unwavering fans. The public is all too eager to tear good people to ribbons at the slightest stumble.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    While I get your point, that doesn't bug me. If the last 3 decades have taught me anything, it's that only horrible monsters seem to have unwavering fans. The public is all too eager to tear good people to ribbons at the slightest stumble.
    My problem is that people would jump ship over a mask, and at this point, it's been done and debunked too much. I'm glad Doc Ock/Superior Spidey got called out, but it still took way too long for it to be believable. When "good people" are torn to ribbons, it's almost always over damning evidence. Most fans are unwavering by nature, regardless of their idols' natures.

Realistically, Spidey should be teflon and the most popular guy on the planet, and JJJ should be in a permanent state of destitution.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

One that bugs me is in Amazing Spiderman Annual number 1. He is battling the Sinister Six. His second foe is Kraven. He jumps over Kraven and grabs the card. He runs off with Kraven chasing him. Yet at the end of the story Kraven is in jail. How did he get arrested if Spiderman did not beat him he just ran away.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The disguise power of the domino mask.
    Yes, this!!

One thing that I never understood is why criminals vreat high tech weapons and suits just so they can rob a bank. Like ok The Shocker. How much money did it take him to come up with his weapon and the suit that protects him from that weapon. or The Eel who had a special helicopter that had a hydraulic ram smoke screen jet boosters and a special built helipad that retracts. how much did they spend on this just so they could rob banks and get money, Why not keep the money these things cost and live a really good life.
    This was addressed pretty well in the Secret War series from, like, 2004. The funding for the tech was coming from a hostile foreign government, Latveria specifically. I thought that was a cool explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    It would be funny if Reverse Flash also ran backward instead of forward.
    Lol, that would be hilarious and awesome!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

I hate it when characters talk to themselves instead of having thought balloons or bubbles.

So in Fantastic Four 22 when Sue first gets her invisible force field powers Reed has Thing slam into the field. Reed is happy because ben was only able to dent it. How could Reed see that Ben dented an invisible wall?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

So in Fantastic Four 22 when Sue first gets her invisible force field powers Reed has Thing slam into the field. Reed is happy because ben was only able to dent it. How could Reed see that Ben dented an invisible wall?
    ... because...

...um...

Ain't Silver Surfer flying thru buildings kewl!?!

... because...

...um...

Ain't Silver Surfer flying thru buildings kewl!?!
    Surfer doing anything is Super Kewl!!!

I hate when minor characters are killed and main characters barely acknowledge it.

I read many years ago a serie about a pirate, his son and their two friends… The number of times the whole crew has been wiped out with these four miraculously without a scratch at the end of the comic… It was a wonder they succeeded each time in finding new sailors willing to sail with them…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Yeah, like in TV shows when the hero wipes out half a dozen unnamed henchmen, but let the villain live because they are 'not a killer'.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I am sure this has been reconed all to heck. But Still.

In the first appearance of Juggernaut Xaiver was telling the Xmen about his history and how he got his powers. He said he got them because his father worked in atomic research. I thought when Xavier formed the Xmen in the 60s he was already in his 40's. That would mean he was born in the 20s. There was no atomic research in the 20s. So how does this make sense.

From what I understand Atomic research didnt really start till what 1942? At least in the way Xaiver talks about what his father did. Xavier also fought in the Korean was which started in 1950. So how does this at all make sense lol.

Edit - You know looking back on this thread I seem to have a lot of things that bug me. Which is odd since I always talk about how I dont really care about stuff but enjoying the story and not caring about the little things lol.

If you broaden what is meant by Atomic research to things like Madam Currie's research in radioactivity, then it did occur in the 20s and 30s.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

How much does web fluid cost to make?
    In the early Spider-man stories Peter was always strapped for cash and giving every penny he made to Aunt May.

Which makes me wonder.

It's made from Spic-n-Span, Elmer's Glue and baking soda.